yonex nanospeed 8000 vs ti-10

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by vtcn4061, Sep 24, 2005.

1. vtcn4061

vtcn4061 Regular Member

I m now deciding of buying 1 of them. since i haven used either 1 at all, i need people help to give their preferance which 1 would they buy, and why. if possible, give me the pros and cons of each racquet. this will help me a lot and made my money spent worthwhile.

2. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    NS8K or Ti10

Hi.
    I have both rackets n I found that Ti 10 is a very solid racket for me. I use Ti10, 3U G5 and it is good for offensive and defensive play. However, if u love light and compact racket, then NS8K willl come in handy. I still prefer Ti10 3UG5 over NS8K. :D
    Lee

3. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Light quick racquet with really good power = NS8K (Though the first batch is known to break easily).

Hard to flex racquet, that requires good technique, and wrist power, but delivers devastating power in smashes and clears = Ti-10 (Also known to be sturdy).

I'd say more all rounder, slightly easier to use quicker racquet would be NS8K.
    Harder to use, requires wrist power, but has a lot of offensive power would be Ti-10.

4. surge

surge Regular Member

ti10 3U- responsive and powerful. very tough racket. once clashed with my partners new racket ( some OEM brand), nothing wrong mine but his got 2 paint chips.)

ti102U- very powerful but rather heavier when you swing it so new to adjust your respnose quite a lot. though only about 5g heavier than 3u version but really its requires a lot more strength( i have had at least 5-10 ppl try it and says the 3u is more 'playable racket'.

NS8k- don own one but tried one. rather surprised that with its light weight and balance can produce very good power. needless to say the response is much easier than the ti10. still find ti10 more powerful thought

verdict: ti10 has a better trade off in terms of power and control. for its price now...ti10 is a better buy. if you can generate a lot of power, the ns8k is good.

fyi this is a review by a ti10 fan....:D :D :D

5. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Yeah, I have tried the NS-8000 3U on several occasions and found that it is quite powerful despite its light weight due to the "head-light" balance, according to Yonex. I find that it feel light and more like even balance rather than head light. The NS-7000 3U definitely felt light and head-light and less powerful than the NS-8000.

However, I still prefer both of my Ti-10s, 3U & 2U. They are both stiffer but if you have the right strokes, they prove to have devastating effect for you opponents. Also, if you are a hard hitter, look at the MP-100s & AT-800 OFs. Those two are quite good in terms of power and control. Good luck with your search!

6. vtcn4061

vtcn4061 Regular Member

thanks for all your advice, seems like ti 10 is a better choice.

7. maypf

maypf Regular Member

auto
    t10 is ur bet

i suggest u better get a t10. although i have no experience with 8k, but one thing for sure is that t10 is discontinued, it is getting less, if ur country still has t10, just get one for urself as a collectable piece. many ppl do not understand why yonex has to discontinue produce t10. it is highest rating racket in this site so far. in north america, ppl are hurting for t10, as u can in the market place. good luck

8. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Ti10

Hi,
    I bought another as spare for Ti10 after I used my traded Ti10,3U G5. i just love it. Good for power, control and feel.Althought the rackets' frame does not look shining like NS8K, the feel,power, n control are good. Go for it,man.;)
    Lee

9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    NS8K is a protype of the Ti-10 from what I've heard.

10. theasiandude88

theasiandude88 Regular Member

student YAY!!!
    i have both the ns8k and ti10

i normally use the ns8k. i find it very quick and responsive with a surprisingly amount of power for such a light racquet. the ti10 is a bit slow since it is heavier, but with the right techniques to is probably the most devistating racquet ever. In the end, i would recommend ti10 over ns8k. even though the ti10 is heavier and a bit slower in response, you will learn to adjust. ;)

11. surge

surge Regular Member

value for money..Ti10 can't be beaten....especially after the nano series is out the price of Ti10 is getting even more affordable. old model but dam good racket. get two...not one:D :D

12. funnytalker

funnytalker Regular Member

I don't have Ti103U, but I have Ti10 2U and NS8K 3U. I feeling is both are very good racquets, but Ti10 feels more solid even NS8K has a "solid core feeling" label. Ti10 is like a walking stick made of stainless steel, it can break many other racquets for sure. NS8K feels light, very easy to control, can generate decent power, but in term of power, no racquet can compare to Ti10. Buy it if you are an arm player, buy it before it's all gone.

13. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    anyone know the balance point of ti10?

from a website i read 290

anyone has stock stat on them?

thank you

14. Matrix

Matrix Regular Member

Regional Sales Manager
    Ti10

Hi,
    Is it Yonex have discontinue production of Ti10?:confused: It is a good and sturdy racket.Good in smashes,control and feel.
    Matrix:)

15. Michael-Lam

Michael-Lam Regular Member

Student / Badminton Coach
    Both the nanospeed 8000 and the ti-10 have exceptional power, the difference is the weight of the racket, nanospeed 8000 is much lighter which means it is much easier to move around, for defensive play. while the ti-10 is much heavier and isn't good for defensive play.

16. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

From what i heard their polar oposites, nanospeed 8k is lightweight and defensive, ti is heavy and super offensive, nanospeed is known to break alot,
    ti10 is "invincable";) . the only way to select a racquet to buy is from your own personal opinion, different people prefer different racquets...

17. Midget_Boy

Student
    Ti-10 should still be avalible in Singpore. It should still be around in Asia, I've only known it discontinued in North America, Europe, and Australia.

18. Matrix

Matrix Regular Member

Regional Sales Manager
    Ti10

Hi Midget_Boy,
    Thanks for the reply. At least it is still available ah? Ti10 is a very powerful racket although its appearance or frame might not as colourful or shinning like NS8K. I just love the power n feel of the racket. Furthermore, it is very sturdy n durable racket.;)
    matrix:D

19. surge

surge Regular Member

there is enough ti10 in singapore to last you a life time even if you break one raket every year:D

maybe tourism board should print a ti10 racket pic on their promotion brouchure to attract tourist:D :D

20. Midget_Boy

Student
    Very clever, I'd certainly be attracted to it :D .