Information on MP-28?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Midget_Boy, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Well I'm a little surprised that there has been no real topic about information or reviews about the MP-28 specifically, using the search function. So I'd like some good information about it, both about its playability and features.

Well right now I've been using my MP-44 (2004 model) for regular play, but seeing as it has a new colour, I'd like to preserve my MP-44( I'm also a racquet collector :) ), it has two minor scratches on the frame, but still in good condition. So I think the MP-28 is a good racquet, not too expensive, good for play, an expendable racquet (should it ever break).

I'm an upper intermediate, but I still have to improve footwork, swing techniques, and wrist power, plus I'm on a student budget, so I wouldn't want any higher end racquets just yet (I already have a few including MP-100, but I can't use its full potential yet). Also any information about the MP-27? It is discontinued, but seems to be a very close model to MP-28.

Any information will be much appreciated.

2. iMakk

iMakk Regular Member

MP 28 has recently been launched as MP28 Control. There is practically no difference in the racket, apart from the fact that the cross grommets in the middle now have a single plastic sheet that has 4-5 grommets in-built. Guess that should increase the life of the string a bit.

MP 28 is an all graphite, medium flex racket and kind-of-ok to play with. Power and control are ok but power is ok but not very good.

If you wanna purchase a racket in a similar budget range, I would advise MP30, if you are able to lay your hands on one. It has been discontinued but earlier stocks are still in the market. MP30 has a high modulus graphite shaft and is definitely better than MP28 with marginal difference in money.