Fake Yonex NS7000 in Sportchek

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by shadowmoon, Sep 25, 2005.

1. shadowmoon

shadowmoon New Member

just went shopping at the Sportchek in Sunridge Mall , Calgary yesterday. Surprise to see some Yonex NS7000 there, more surprise is found a fake NS7000. It have a serial # ended with SP, I knew some real racquets do have SP, but this fake one is a 4U, NS7000 doesn't come with 4U. This one doesn't have the orignal wrap, the grip was wrap by some packing tape with a paper inside saying Yonex nanospeed 7000 $279.99 ...etc., also a gate tag and a plastic price tag was attached. My guess is some one bought a real one there and return a fake one, the employee in Sportcheck have no knowledge to tell the difference, they even put it back on the shelf. I hope no one will pay $280 for an used fake racquet.If anyone know the Yonex dealership, please have them ask Sportcheck to take it off their shelf.

2. SomeDudeInBlue

SomeDudeInBlue Regular Member

Student
    you should ahd told the manager and be a hero and get discounts from them for spotting it!

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    very sneaky scam.
    Yes, it is sportchek's lost. Yonex don't pay for their mistake.
    I didnt know sportchek carry high end yonex's badminton rackets on their shelves. Is it the sunridge mall store?

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    It looks like Sportcheck did a change to carry high-end rackets because I have seen both a NS7K and a NS8K at the Richmond location. No fakes ones in the shelves, all legit ones there.

Shadowmoon, you should call Yonex Canada and report that particular Sportcheck that they are selling a fake Yonex racket. That will stop them.

5. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Same with the SportChek stores in Burnaby. They're starting to carry more of the top of the lines now probably due in part to the sport's popularity and also Yonex's aggressive push for the new line. Unfortunately, still no Cab30s:(.

I think shadowmoon's right about the store staff being clueless about the fake racquet. Staff turnover is pretty high and not everybody in the store is knowledgeable about the equipment. It's really too bad for the guys handling the return as I doubt they would even know if the switch has been made. Store lose the mechandise as well as the refund in exchange for a fake. This is one of the risks assumed by the chain to carry expensive equipment without knowledgeable staff:(.

6. shadowmoon

shadowmoon New Member

To answer Cooler's question, it is Sunridge mall Sportcheck. There are 4 or 5 real NS7000 there, just one used fake one , same price as the new ones. I think no one will pick up a old racquet if there are new ones available. Anyway, people shouldn't take advantage of Canada's return policy and did such crime.

7. outlah

outlah Regular Member

government hand-out
    many years ago, the return policy was amazing. no reciept, no problem, over 90 days, no problem. Than people started getting sneaky and like the insurance industry, everyone loses.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I wonder why the store put up the same prices for new and used rackets? Shouldn't they at least give some discount on "open boxed" items? :eek:

9. MusclePower100

MusclePower100 Regular Member

Does anyone know if they sell NS8000's in the calgary sportchek's?

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

DOes the fake one pre-strung? If so, some kid might have bought a fake one the web. Then bought a ns7k in store and returned the fake. You should let the store know it is a fake.

11. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Problem is... you can't really tell them apart. Can't recall now whether they were pre-strung or not. Previously most top of the line racquets come unstrung. But it doesn't matter, the a**hole could just cut the strings on the fake and return it as the original to the store. Yeah, it's guys like him/her that really push the cost of purchase up for the rest of us:mad:.

Yeah, shadowmoon... you should let the shop knows what happened. That way, they could trace it back to the original purchaser should they choose to pursue the matter further although I think they would just write it off:(.

12. MusclePower100

MusclePower100 Regular Member

hi do you know if they sell the NS8000?

13. shadowmoon

shadowmoon New Member

No, they don't have NS8K yet, their NS7k is more expensive then Winter club or What's your racquet.

14. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Seeing as I live 10 minutes walking distance from Sunridge Mall (3 minutes if driven :p ), I should check it out, not to mention a few people I know work there as well, I wonder if it was them that took in the fake, :rolleyes:

15. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Sneaky. Probably learned it from eBay.

If SportsChek have their return procedures down correctly, they should be able to trace it back to the customer who did the return.

Proving it might be a different matter but at least they will know who and maybe put an alert on this fellow to prevent him doing similar returns in the future.

16. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

grr... so sneaky. i think im gonna go check it out this weekend. wow never seen a ns7k there, meh probly a rip off anyways knowing sportschek.:cool: and if its still their, ill try to tell them about.:rolleyes: who knows, maybe i could get some discounts:D

17. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

WOW, they really do have n27k's.. but i wasnt at sunridge sportchek lol, was at market malls:p

18. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Pretty much the same, though I find it easier to find racquets at Market Mall, they are more organized, and maybe more selection. I remember last time I went to MM location (1 year ago?) they had all the Yonex racquets at one location and had MP-22 and MP-24. The racquet organization in Sunridge was everywhere, very messy. They only had a MP-24 near the front of the store as an advertised item ;)

19. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

k i finally took a look at the ns7k's at SUNRIDGE mall... yeah i saw the fake one, and there was one new one left. i dont think anyone wants to buy it anyways because it has alot of paintchips on it. also the serial number told me it was made in 2008 LOL. also the thing on the bottom of the butt.. or the butt cap (yeah i dont know what its called)... the green and white yonex thing had some sort of serial number on it indicating that its a fake. it also has slight bumps near the ending of the shaft at the top, like it was REALLY bumpy. also the grommmets were way different, the fake had crappy cheap plastic grommets place every ( like exactly right beside the shaft, i dont think its possible to properly string the fake racquet). didnt tell them though, its their loss not mine plus i dont think they would beleive me.

20. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

I think someone should just do the right thing and tell them about it. Don't talk to the sales people, talk to the manager instead. They didn't have the chance to believe you cuz you choose not to tell them:rolleyes:.