Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __Lam
    also i dont think you need great reflexes to block a bad lob
    my opponents seem to think i'm fast..

i can sometimes even do it against drives..aroudn the head returns at teh T-joint...all sort of stuff...

but it's not a real skill, since it mostly depends on whether or not the opponent grant me the chance...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=jerby]
    i can sometimes even do it against drives..aroudn the head returns at teh T-joint...QUOTE]
    yeah but wouldnt it be easier and quicker to return a drive or smash with a normal backhand if you on the defence?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SmashingBird
    well i m pretty sure yeah practising more and playing more with faster players can increase my speed and reflexes but what I really want to know is has anyone ever gone from slow to fast and now things appear in slow motion to them, like everything in this world. I heard F1 racers see things in slow motion after being in a car at such a high velocity and I m wondering if its possible for humans to achieve that, sorta like freezing the world around you.

I just finished watching a game between fu/cai vs. sigit/candra and some shots I cant even see and thats on video, imagine in person how do they react to it, its like they move before the opposition even hits the shot, do high level badminton players possesse the sharingan ability?

Hmm... sounds like Zen badminton... LOL!!!

this is a phenomenon that I experienced when I was playing basketball, even with a bullet pass by the opponents I could actually see the ball slowly rotating, it seemed to be just lazily floating thru the air, then my hand comes to my field of vision and contacts the ball (I didn't even know how it got there, all just instinct), and all hell breaks loose, as I go back to normal time. as I go for the fast break to my basket..

haven't been experiencing this as much in badminton, altho it has happened, ( like sometimes it seems that the bird has stopped moving as I lunge for it), probably am at too slow a speed level or too old to get into the "ZONE" often.

I do agree with the Madman.. do walling ... a lot of it, and try to hit the shuttle hard each time so it comes back fast...
    Last edited by Pball; 10-06-2005 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is really no magic in finding it harder to return smashes from better players. The reason has to be time, not speed per se. A mere block return that reaches you a few milli seconds faster than a thunderous smash will be more difficult to return. This is one factor. Another factor is the very moment when you are aware of the shot beibg hit by your opponent, the sooner you read his smash the more milli seconds you can react earlier. As an example, two identical smashes-same length, speed, and power-one with an arm action you can see a mile away, the other with great deception, you will find returning their smashes will be from easy to impossible. Deception 'warps' time-a little of Einstein here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hit against the wall!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2