Landing foot

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by sin.sid, Sep 28, 2005.

1. sin.sid

sin.sid Regular Member

Hello

I want to know what is the proper landing foot technically after jumping movement, racket or non-racket foot or both ?

I am a right handed player. Everytime I jump (smash or clear) my left foot lands first. I am not sure if this is the right technique. I found after few hours of playing, my left leg and foot feels more sore and strained rather than the right one :eek:

I notice that some pros have either knee band on right or left leg, although they are right-handed players. I assume that the leg with knee band is the one where it will suffers more strain from the jumping, and potentially cause injury. So is that true?

Thanks for your help. Regards

2. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Depending on the situation, one may need to land in different ways. But the normal way is to land with your left foot first, behind you, and your right foot immediately afterwards, in front.

3. sin.sid

sin.sid Regular Member

Hi Gollum,

Thanks for the reply. I was told that most ppl land with their right foot first, which I found not natural.

4. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

...perhaps they were left handed?:confused: :confused:

5. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

sometimes i land with my right foot first, like a 1 footed split step and if they return it immediatly after i land i push towards the direction they shot it too so... right foot sometimes and left foot if i know for sure they cant return it.