Question about 4 knots

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by FAST!, Sep 28, 2005.

1. FAST!

FAST! Regular Member

Hi,

I have question about 4 knots. I'm new for the stringing. I want to know what is the lenght for MAIN and CROSS if I want to string my AT800 and TI SWING POWER with 4 knots, and would that be okay if I string it at 23lb (MAIN) and 22 (CROSS) or it have to be even 22lb (MAIN) and 22lb (CROSS)?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.:)

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

i cut out 5m for the main. and 4,5m for teh crosses..

3. FAST!

FAST! Regular Member

Thanks. How about tension? Do it have to be the same or different?

4. jerby

jerby Regular Member

dunno.
    i always cut it, to be on the safe side. it's not really accurate like 5,45m because you need some length to tie the knots..
    i usually waste about 20cm total..

5. FAST!

FAST! Regular Member

Oh, I know about that. But how about tension? how many lbs you use for your racquet?

6. jerby

jerby Regular Member

i use 20lbs at this moment. some players here think it's the minimum..but like it like it..going to gradually up-it. some players go up to about 30 lbs...

i say: start with 20..

mind you i'm not an expert..and just 16..

7. FAST!

FAST! Regular Member

Thanks alot of your help.:)

8. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

I'm no expert either, but I think in general Yonex recommends crosses be strung 2lbs, or 10% to be more specific, tighter than mains. You can search the stringing forum for more details.

Personally, I string the crosses on my racquets 2lbs over. Whenever I string the crosses the same tension as the mains on customers' racquets, I feel that they come out slightly round. I can't always tell by looking, but I can feel the head and throat support posts are tight when I release them.

9. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Quasimodo is right. Also, depend on the string type. If you use 10m pack, people usually cut @ 5.2m (or 17ft) for main so 4.8m (or 16ft) for cross in general. This length is also good for reel strings. If you want to save a little on the string, 5m for main and 4.5m for cross will do for most of hand crank and electric maching. If you use drop weight machine, 5m might be a little short for the last main. I will suggest you use longer main when you first try. Also you should follow YY's instruction by adding 2 lb more on the cross. Search the forum for the reason.

Also search the forum on how to string and you will find a lot of useful info and post. Read Kwun's artical too. Have fun!