What difference of mucsle powers 23 till 30?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ZoggeY, Sep 29, 2005.

1. ZoggeY

ZoggeY Regular Member

Hey!I am new here and i am from sweden and my english is not the best.But however i wonder about the difference between the mucsle powers 23,24,25,28 and 30!Please help mee!

2. ZoggeY

ZoggeY Regular Member

a new question is can a 12 year old boy with good power in his hits use the full power of a mucsle power 99 or do i just loose power!

3. ymerej

ymerej Regular Member

Hey there, my bro who is only 13 years old uses a MP99 and he can pack more firepower than most adults he plays. But then again he has been training for a while and has great wrist strength. So I guess if you think you can handle it why not borrow a MP99 and give it a go. hehe Cheers

4. ZoggeY

ZoggeY Regular Member

Thanks for the answer.I would bee happy if you could answer the other question to.You seems to bee a quite skilled guy.

5. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    . MP-23 MP-25 MP-28 MP-30

Colour: Blue with red | Yellow with blue | Red with red | Yellow with |
    decals(MP-23) | decals(MP-25) | decals(MP-28) | red decals |
    . (MP-30)

Muscle
    Power
    Frame: Yes Yes Yes Yes

Isometric
    Head: Yes Yes Yes Yes

Built-in
    T-Joint: Yes Yes Yes Yes

Shockless
    Grommet: Yes No Yes No

Titanium
    Mesh
    Frame: No Yes Yes Yes

Flexibility: Flexible Flexible Medium Medium

Frame
    Composition: Graphite Graphite Graphite Graphite
    (Carbon) (Carbon) (Carbon) (Carbon)

Shaft
    Composition: Graphite Graphite Graphite Graphite
    (Carbon) (Carbon) (Carbon) (High Modulus)

Made In: Taiwan Taiwan Taiwan Taiwan

(Phew, finally done :rolleyes: )

Weight and Grip Size I am unsure of, is different in different regions?

Anyways, that is the data sheet I have made for you (had nothing better to do).
    MP-23 is lowest MP in the series, good control, lacks power, flexible shaft.
    MP-25 is slightly better(more powerful), has Titanium Mesh in the frame, doesn't have Shockless Grommet, similar in performance, flexible shaft.
    MP-28 has Both Titanium Mesh and Shockless Grommet, is medium flexibility. Stronger due to Ti Mesh and flexibility, but harder to use with weak arm. I recommend it for any intermediate player. I also find it the most balanced racquet of the four..
    MP-30 is even stronger than MP-28, doesn't have Shockless Grommets on the sides. It is medium flexibility, which means more power than flexible racquets, and the shaft is composed of High Modulus Graphite, making the shaft stiffer, harder to flex, but more power. Good for people with strong arms and fast swing speed.

From those opinions of mine, it should give you a better understanding of these three racquets. I personally suggest out of these four racquets, MP-28 for balanced playability, and MP-30 for more power.

Titanium Mesh - Stronger fibres made in the frame to give less shock, tighter strings on impact of shuttle, and increased power.

Muscle Power Frame - Rounded edges on grommets to keep string tension longer, tighter strings on shuttle impact.

Isometric Head - Bigger, wider, square-like head on the frame, giving bigger sweetspot for easier hits.

Built-in T-Joint - Metal joint inside racquet where the frame meets the shaft, for increased stability and durability.

Shockless Grommet - Reduces vibration and feel when shuttle meets the racquet, good to relieve slight pain in wrist, for players with weaker arms. Some players dislike this feature, they can't feel the shuttle on impact, so makes the game less fun, and stimulating.

EDIT: Messed up on the spacing of my man-made MP comparison chart, you can still see the differences, but with slight difficulty, :eek:

#5 Midget_Boy, Sep 29, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
  6. Midget_Boy

Student
    Flexibility - The more flexible a racquet is, the easier it is to use, bring out its offensive power. Stiff racquets are harder to flex, so weak arms cannot fully flex them, but if swung with a powerful arm, can flex a lot, giving much greater power.

Composition - Base material used in the racquet, determines flexibility also. Normal Yonex Muscle Powers (23-30) use graphite, or better named, carbon graphite. MP-30 uses High Modulus Graphite in the shaft, which makes the shaft stiffer, giving more power in swings to strong arms. The higher the modulus in the graphite, the more brittle and stiff the material is.

7. ZoggeY

ZoggeY Regular Member

Thanks for the help midget boy!

8. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

the lowest level in MP series is MP 22. I have one, and like it. very nice IMO and cheap. low tension (18-21lbs), balance weight, a bit stiffer shaft than the MP23. on the yonex chart it'll be on the middle of the bottom half of the Y axis (mean it's good for allround game and geared more toward defensive player/style) Good for beginner or avg players

9. Midget_Boy

Student
    MP-23 is a close similar replacement in 2004 for 2003's discontinued Model MP-22.

-----------------
    2003 | 2004 |
    ______|_______|
    MP-22 | MP-23 |
    MP-24 | MP-25 |
    MP-27 | MP-28 |
    ........ | MP-30 |
    MP-33 | MP-44 |
    ----------------

The models are never completely identical, these are just close matches, showing similar to exact racquet composition, suggested retail price, and Yonex Features. Stiffness and weight may vary.

Unsure of MP-30, I think it was a new design for 2004, though
    Japan MP-33 = MP-30?

10. BadGone

BadGone Regular Member

Hi ,

Thanks to Midget for the again wonderful description, I wonder where do you get your source .....:)

How would MP33 and MP66 in this comparison chart ?
    Is the only difference in the flexibility, mp66 being much more flexible ?

Thanks

11. Midget_Boy

Student
    I just like to participate in helping people out, and lets just say I'm a big badminton ethusiast, and Yonex Fanatic (I look over racquet reviews, compare models, their features, and look at new racquets a lot :) ) I pretty much remember all the information in my head, and add my personal opinions, with the exception of exact racquet specs (I borrow them off Yonex Sites), and compile them in my ugly comparison charts. Seemed pretty darn obvious in 2003 with MP models 22, 24, 27, 33, 77, then in 2004 all discontinued and new models sharing strikingly similar number names, features, and pricing ( 23, 25, 28, 44, 66)

Anyways,
    from Cooler's analysis, MP-33 has stiffness of 7.72%, while MP-66 has -6.72% (most flexible MP in the series? ;) ). Pricing and availability are also differences. With MP-33 being discontinued early 2004, it is getting hard to find, closest match is MP-44, but MP-44 is much more flexible, also headlight (stiffness is -1.87%). MP-66 is considered headlight, MP-33 a little head heavy (a little). Differences in Yonex features are MP-66 has Ultimum Ti in shaft, giving more power in hits. It's pretty late where I live right now, I can't think much, if you need more information (or a bad-looking comparison chart), leave a message and I'll get back to you later today.

12. BadGone

BadGone Regular Member

ok thanks again mate

13. fast3r

fast3r Regular Member

------------------------
    2003 | 2004 | |2005 |
    ______|_______|______
    MP-22 | MP-23 |MP-23 Power
    MP-24 | MP-28 |MP-25 Power
    MP-27 | MP-30 |MP-28 Control
    MP-33 | MP-44 |MP-44
    MP-77 | MP-66 |MP-66
    MP-88 | MP-88 |MP-88
    MP-99 | MP-99 |MP-99
    ------------------------

A new Muscle Power chart based on Midget boy's excellent info

14. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

so mp22 and mp23 is pretty much the same thing. yeah, I have bought that racquet a while ago, then I never bother too see what's going on since I don't need a new one.

15. ZoggeY

ZoggeY Regular Member

I have diceded mee for a racket now!It is not yonex it is Forza legend 80 and much better than my yonex racket ismoetric vf 75 that i had!Is there anybody who knows something about this racket?

16. wirre

wirre Regular Member

I have Forza Titanium 10 & 6 and must say I am very satisfied.

Think one long time contributor to this board, "smashmaster", is favouring the Legend 80. Use the search tool and write the name of the racket to see his opinions. I think you will find it interesting:)

/mats

17. Midget_Boy

Student
    Yep, good stuff, except MP-30 is a new racquet design from 2004, 2 small errors in that chart :rolleyes: .

2003 | 2004 | |2005 |
    ______|_______|______
    MP-22 | MP-23 |MP-23 Power
    MP-24 | MP-25 |MP-25 Power
    MP-27 | MP-28 |MP-28 Control
    .........| MP-30|MP-30
    MP-33 | MP-44 |MP-44
    MP-77 | MP-66 |MP-66
    MP-88 | MP-88 |MP-88
    MP-99 | MP-99 |MP-99
    ------------------------

18. Stijn

Stijn Regular Member

Student
    MP23: 90-94g, G3, Muscle Power Frame, flexible
    MP24: 85-89g, G3, Muscle Power Frame, flexible
    MP25: same as MP24 but other paintjob
    MP25P: newer version, should generate more power, but very little difference
    MP28Ti: somewhat more stiffer then MP25
    MP28C: newer version, should generate more 'feel' and control
    MP30: 85-89g, G3, Muscle Power Frame, medium flex

19. ZoggeY

ZoggeY Regular Member

Something more about the Forza legend 80? New questionWhats the difference between mp 23 and mp 23 power?

20. fast3r

fast3r Regular Member

MP-25 was a new for 2005 racquet released at this year's All England and also I believe teh MP-30 is now discontinued. This is correct for the uk anyway, it might be different where you are:cool: