How specific must you be to a stringer?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by manduki, Oct 1, 2005.

1. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    By this question, I mean must you say 20/22 to the stringer or is 21 pounds good enough for a professional like Yo's. Must you tell them that AT 800 DE has a different stringing pattern than other ones?

Thanks~

2. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    Yo's will know about the AT800 pattern for sure. It is better to say 20/22. Just to clarify right?

3. jayes

jayes Regular Member

Badminton specialty selling strings, grips, shuttl
    Regarding string tension, it is best to let the stringer know what tension you like, especially if you have any preference on main and cross tension, to leave out any doubt.

Regarding string pattern, depends on how close you are with the stringer and the manner on how you worded your statement/question. :D If you have lots of stringers to choose from in your area, you can be a little bit more aggressive. The best is from word of mouth whether that stringer knows how to string the AT 800. Otherwise, pray and hope that the stringer will string your racquet with the right pattern.

Cheers. :)

4. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

what i always do is take a small piece of paper, and write everything i need on it. this prevents confusion, and errors, since errors will cost everyone time and money. the stringer won't have to waste time and or money to restring your racquet, and you are happier, getting it back quicker than if they had to redo the job.

racquet name and model
    string type
    string tension
    string pattern

and on the back, you write your name and phone number.
    then you tape it to the shaft of the racquet.

yea, i know when you drop off the racquet, they usually do it themself too, but this saves them time as well, making them a bit happier, so they're probably more than willing to spend a bit more time with your racquet.