I need a Singaporean to help me of this badminton shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Gary_L, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Gary_L

Gary_L New Member

I need a Singaporean Badminton player to help me out!

I bought two pairs Yonex ErgoshapeBadminton shoes from a Singapore ebay seller (valuebuy2005) in Sep 4. They cost £30 a pair. With the mail fee total £83.

The picture showed the shoe like a Yonex SHB-89MF model. So I "buy it now". When I received the shoes after 3~4 weeks. I checked the shoes I recived detail. And compared with my friend who have one pair. They have different shape, color and the sole design. It looks so different from the Yonex Japan official website. I doubt that it is a FAKE shoe.

I complained the seller and ebay/Paypal. I ask him to refund my money. The seller explained that one is a Singapore version. It is sold in many sports shops in Singapore. And he told me I shouln't compared with the original Yonex shoe! He said he is listed a WORLD CHAMPION SUPER PRO model only.

I came from Hong Kong and live in Florida now. I saw lot of Fake products. I can analyzed most of the Fake products. Like this ebay seller products. From the Yonex silk printed to the sole design. I can tell this pair must be a FAKE Yonex shoes.

I hope someone who live in Singapore can proof this for me. And also give me the Singapore Customs department phone/fax number & address. Please. That I can report this case to them. Even I may not get my money back.

I am asking the Yonex USA to proof this. The following link is this Yonex shoes by this ebay seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-YONEX-ERGOSHAPE-BADMINTON-SHOES-ALL-SIZES_W0QQitemZ7183125143QQcategoryZ106461QQcmdZViewItem

The following link is Yonex official website:

http://www.yonex.co.jp/badminton/products/shoes/shb89mf.html

2. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Baddy Fanatic/Addict FULL-TIME!!!
    Hi Gary, i tink u might have mistaken the shoes u bought for a SHB89. In fact, its is not...its is a world champ super pro model as said in the ebay post. so i guess its not quite the ebay seller's fault as he had clearly stated the model in his post. however, this is a genuine pair of yonex shoes..just perhaps its a low end pair commonly sold in asian countries...not the high end SHB series thou.. as its is commonly sold at one of singapore largest sports retail chain n u can view the website www.sportslink.com.sg for this particular pair of shoes. maybe some pics do help in this thread as i am not sure if there are any fakes of the world champ super pro series thou its low end, n other spore BFers here who have dis pair of shoes can compare too to verify.

#2 Slacker, Oct 3, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  3. seewhy

seewhy New Member

Original Yonex Shoes

Hi Gary_L,

I saw this model in one of a big shopping complex in Malaysia yesterday. This is very common Yonex shoes in Malaysia. The price is around RM149.00 (USD1 = RM3.80).

I just bought another Yonex shoes that similar to this but different model.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Without the solid proof, I can't say it must be a fake or not. However, here are my concerns:

1. I highly doubt Yonex going to introduce a lower end model, with very similar design/color as its high end ones. It not only might confuse the customers, and more important, going to hurt the sale for the higher end model. Just put this way, if a MP23 (no offense) has the almost same paint job as MP99, many ppl might end up "save a lot of $$" to go with the lower end. If they just care (or get confused) about the look, why bother to pay double of the price, for something, "look the same".

2. The big sports chain can't guarantee it's 100% real. There's another thread talking about sportchek in CAN has fake NS8K. Not because they want to break the law, just because they have no clue about certain things.

My suggestion is, give the ebay link and pic of actual shoes to Yonex Asian HQ or prefer SG office. Let them verify the deal.

5. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

I recall a similar thread earlier on these shoes. Though the colour scheme is similar to the SHB89, the World Champ Super Pro is easily distinguishable. If you go to 10n10 at BB, you can see SHB89 and WCSP side by side, together with all the other low-end Yonex Shoes.

(1) If it were fake, why would the counterfeiters fake the Yonex logo on the shoe, the box, the tags but NOT the model number. I mean, might as well go all the way and call is SHB89TH :D. Similarly, a counterfeiter should try to make the WCSP as close to a SHB89 or other hi-end shoe as possible.

(2) Why would the counterfeiters bother to come up with other low end shoes that have no similarity to other high end Yonex shoes (see the sportslink website).

(3) Most of you guys not in Asia would probably consider the Cab 21 Special (not SP) a fake racquet too since its completely out of place in the Yonex lineup... If Yonex marketing can come up with low-end aka "special" versions of its high-end racquets like Cab 21 SP (S$79.90 vs S$125), I'm sure they're fully capable of doing something like that with shoes...

6. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

This is not a fake shoe.

This is not a fake shoe. Here, there are a lot of lower series yonex shoes. some looking quite close to SHB ones ( one similar to shb89 0range one i know). Those lower series shoes are REPLACING the lower end AR series, sunrise and other shopes were clearing the AR series some time ago for this
    purpose, i got my ar88 at $29 there durin that clearance. Anyway, AR95 shoe looks very simlar to shb95, isn't it????

rgds

cs

7. kyiyu

kyiyu Regular Member

General Manager
    Hi Gary

I can say it is lower end product (probably available only in South East Asia) of Yonex and not a fake. I have seen the exact shoe in many of Singapore Yonex authourised shops. When I saw it first time, I was too thinking it was SHB series because of its look.

Just too bad for you if you purchased with the impression as SHB series. Hope the shoe is still useful for you.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    After the postage, the shoes are surely not cheap ($146 = $73 per pair). I believe the SHB89 is only $75 now days, if u have the right connection. Again, my question is: Why Yonex introduce such a lower end model, with very similar color/design as its own higher end model. This would only cause confusions, and endanger its own reputation. :confused:

No offense, but I seriously question about the seller's intention (i.e. use the similarity to trick?) Oh yes, he did list "WCHP" whatever, but how many ppl besides the locals will know whether it's a real model name, or some thing like an alias (i.e. MP100 - red dragon). :cool:

#8 LazyBuddy, Oct 4, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Not true.

How u explain the fake AT900 or AT1000, or some other ridiculous model names? And there are still ppl buying it, as they have no idea about the models, but only Yonex brand name.

10. Gary_L

Gary_L New Member

Finally I got the verfitied by Yonex Japan

I got the replied from Yonex. The following is their email.

Dear Mr. Gary,

Thank you very much for contacting YONEX.

At first, please be informed that World Champion Super Pro does exist
    and sold mainly at the South East Asian countries.
    Therefore, this is not the fake of SHB-89.

But please note that we cannot tell 100% if the shoes you purchased is
    genuine or fake of the World Champion Super Pro without close look at our hand.

Thank you for your understandings.
    Best regards,

YONEX Co.,Ltd.
    International Div.

11. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    well i think this should put an end to the doubts that a lower end of shb-89 does exist.and if im not wrong sportslink gets its supplies of yonex equipment from sunrise so theres no doubt about this as a fake.

12. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    eh seriously for 30pounds its not worth it because you can get it for s$39 in the retail chain sportslink.i do feel that sportslink always overprice their items.(my opinion)

13. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

i think its $69 at sportslink...

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Like I metioned in my last post, I seriously question about the seller's intention for charging higher price on this shoe. The result is, the "similar desgin / color" can help him to boost up his sells, as this lower end model looks quite close to SHB89. :cool:

15. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    erpx.$69 at sportslink.oh ok i didnt knew that sportslink always sell a pair of that shoe that high.especially the other world champion shoes were only $39

16. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

Seller is not to blame

I did not check that auction details exactly but to be fair to the seller,
    i think if he/she did not claim the product to be "SHB89" in the auction, then there is nothing unscrupulous about this. If in doubt, should check with the seller first before clicking on the "Buy Now" button. The price for "buy now" is normally more expensive than the start bid price and the seller does not earn really on the shipping cost. Maybe this forum is a good place to ask any baddie question if in doubt coz it has a wealth of information and response time to queries is fast!!

Rgds

cs

17. Gary_L

Gary_L New Member

The ebay seller have set a "BUY IT NOW" only

Hi CS,

I checked on the Yonex official website be4 I "buy it now". Yonex website carried their old rackets models. But they didn't carry any "other countries" model. How would I understand a brand will produced a lower version products. Those two products looks too similar! The design & color.

My cousin bought 4 Yonex rackets from Hong Kong. Those are lower version & "Asia model" that I can tell. Cause their rackets bag are looked so Fake & cheap.

I believe that those are real Yonex racqets. But why should a brand "YONEX" run the business like this??

Gary

18. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    i didnt know that yonex carries asia model lower end rackets.im having the impression that all rackets are the same exp their country code.making this type of lower end models are ideal in asia as many people cannot really afford the real thing.especially the little kids that strat playing from young.its just not ideal for them to get a shb model shoe.adn not eceryone who plays badminton can splash out the money.thats why yoenx has to reach out to this big market of people.or they may decide to go for other brands.oh well you are not to be blamed also its difficult to see all the badminton equipments in your country compared to ours.most of the sports shop you go will carry badminton equipment with them.but still the word world champion was written very big.adn i hope next time you really check out here in bc before you make a decision to write to yonex or press buy now.

19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, ok... It's true that yonex can introduce what ever "special edition" in certain region, due to difference preference, economy situation etc. My biggest concern still remains "WHY THE HELL THEY MAKE A LOWER END MODEL ALMOST IDENTICAL TO THE HIGHER END???" :mad: This only going to mis-lead customers, and give a good chance for certain ppl (might not be this particular seller) to gain profit with some "dirty tricks". Just imagine what a chaos will be, if Yonex's $20 racket all look exactly (or, 95%) same as MP99... :rolleyes:

Of course, us buyers should study the spec and ask questions in advance of purchase. However, I doubt anyone in the world will know every single model (and the nick names) very well. Sure, the WCP something was clearly stated in the bid. However, I remember MP100 is also the "red dragon", and Ti10 is the "shadow warrior". Such names are widely accepted in certain regions within a period of time. How I am suppose to know, the whatever WCP is not a nick name for certain shoes?

Yonex should done a much better job in this one. The simple method is to make the lower end look different than the higher end. There's a lot of fake sellers ruin Yonex's reputation. Why yonex tries to screw themselves as well?

20. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

Care to give us the actual model numbers of these 4 racquets and if possible photographs of the racquets and bags? From your post, the reason you think these are 'lower versions' is because the racquet bag looks fake and cheap?

Haven't you considered the high probability that your cousin bought fake racquets, and not 'asia' versions of original yonex racquets (whatever that means)