Emms/Robertson

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by blckknght, Oct 3, 2005.

1. blckknght

blckknght Regular Member

Pastry Chef
    Does anyone know how Nathan's recovery is going after his injury before the World Championships?

2. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT
    Nathan Robertson has decided to stop playing men's doubles

UK Sport Newsletter - 30 September 2005
    www.uksport.gov.uk

IN BRIEF
    BADMINTON… Great Britain’s Nathan Robertson has decided to stop playing men's doubles to concentrate on further success in the mixed. Robertson, the world No 1 and European champion in mixed with Gail Emms, is currently recovering from an ankle ligament injury and aims to return at the Danish Open in late October. The Olympic mixed doubles silver medallist who also won the men's doubles silver medal at the 2004 European Championships in Geneva with Anthony Clark, before starting a new partnership with Robert Blair, has now decided to focus exclusively on his main event. More@ www.badmintonscotland.org.uk

3. eravalo

eravalo Regular Member

Hi. I recently saw the 2006 All England Mixed Doubles match between Emms/Roberton vs Chinese pair. During the 2nd set, the camera focused on Emms tieing her shoelaces. To my surprise, It seems to me she was wearing an all-white asics gel rocket II . Am I correct or do I need new glasses? :)

Just out of curiosity.

4. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    yeah - it looks ur right - it's hard to spot the difference on the photo's - but i found a pic which shows the soles of gails shoes, which match the shoes you mention off the asics website.

anthony clark has also moved to asics.

hi-tec seems to be losing it's grip on the trainer market to asics in badminton.

altho - they haven't made a nice new pair which is for badminton for ages, and i think the elite 500:3 which nathan wears are not out of productio (they're certainly going cheap - you can get them for £20 now :) )

anybody else give any reviews on asics shoes?

Coops

5. eravalo

eravalo Regular Member

I actually use the same asics gel rocket II for badminton but please do note that these shoes are really for volleyball. The reason I chose this shoe is as follows:

1. Cheap (Here in Manila its PHP3,200 or equivalent to GBP32.00)
    2. Nice Design and very few people use this for badminton here
    3. The gel really works

I wonder what hi-tec has to say about this?

I believe there are asics gel badminton shoes but only avaialable in japan.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

Badminton club Skælskør adds the world's top-ranked mixed-doubles pair to its team

Top-ranked badminton mixed-doubles team Nathan Robertsson and Gail Emms agreed on Monday to join Denmark's Skælskør badminton club. The club saw the acquisition of the English pair the first move in its plan to become a force on the international badminton circuit.

'We believe that we have the organisation, the fans, and the interest in the team that gears us to chase after something big in the badminton league. So we're giving it the chance,' said Skælskør player-manager Kasper Fangel to public service broadcaster DR.

Fangel said other big names were likely to follow: 'We're in contact with other players. We haven't squared anything away yet, but we hope that we'll be able to present some new players next season.'

Robertsson and Emms won the coveted All England tournament in 2005 and were the silver medal winners at the 2004 Athens Olympics.

Earlier this month, the duo helped the Copenhagen club Hvidovre win the Danish championships.

7. coops241180

Product Owner
    wow - rumour has it that this will be quite a profitable move for them too - a figure of £20k has been banded around for their transfer - whod've thought that badminton players would actually be paid to play for different clubs :) how cool :)

8. iloveuk

iloveuk Regular Member

Student
    I personally do not think they are that good. it just they come out in a right time that there has no good mixed pair at the moment!
    Specially when you compare them with the previous world no. 1 mixed pairing - Korean Kim Dong Moon and Ra Kyung-min!

9. coops241180

Product Owner
    lol - yeah - but we can't all be legends now can we and KDM was a legend... coops