Badminton ROCKS!!!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by rainbow, Oct 5, 2005.

1. rainbow

rainbow Regular Member

I don't remember exactly how I found this site but it was a while back. Now, I visit almost everyday and am very appreciative of all the useful info. contributed unselfishly by its members.

As a slightly better than beginner player, I am in awe of how much there is still to learn about this sport. It really humbles me to see recreational players and even celebrity taking this sport so seriously. I used to play just for the exercise....(fitness training alone is too boring), now I find myself looking up ways to improve my game (I have).

My first exposure to badminton was when about 7-8 years old. It was just hitting the feather shuttle back and forth; no net, outdoors and on the driveway of my grandparent's house.

Then my sister and I worked a part-time job at a gas station and they happened to have a paved lot next to it. We play there after work with some friends on less windy days. It was still outdoors but this time we've upgraded to playing with a net.

In high school, I played tennis more than badminton. My sister went into track and field and excel in it. I didn't play badminton again until into my 30's. Really happy to be back again. Badminton is my one and only love from here on. When I get old and can't run around the court anymore, I'll take up wheelchair badminton:D