new here

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by jas1121, Oct 6, 2005.

1. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    ey y'all. i m from malaysia and i have been playing badminton since 6 yrs old but quited at 8 to take up ping pong. Den i realised tat badminton was so much nicer so i quit ping pong to take up badminton at 10 and have been playing it till now. i realised tat my reflexes were better. i joined 4 competitions in my life my first 2 i got 1st placed but recently this yr , i ask my coach to put me state where i lost 15-2 15-0 to a state player in the first round. i juz wanna say tat this is the best badminton foum out there.

2. adidas_lee

adidas_lee Regular Member

Regional sales manager
    New

Hi,
    If u have achance to play with state player, then u are lucky guy. U have gained some wonderful experience then. Forget about the score, just analyze yr weakness and learn from his strong points, That is how we learn to correct ourself. Anyway, welcome to this forum.;)
    Adidas:)

3. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Selamat datang, jas1121 ... it's a wonderful forum, yes. Enjoy yourself here!

-dave

4. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    thanks guys, btw, i m pure a chinese but i live in malaysia which is a great country.but I really suck in speaking malay.Thanks for the advice adidas_lee.
    btw, the state player tat i played was tan kin lok of sarawak. heard of him? he is a great player, the whole match was like a warm up for him.

5. adidas_lee

adidas_lee Regular Member

Regional sales manager
    New

Hi jas1121,
    Never heard of this guy. Only know some of the national players like LCW,Hafiz, Roslin, Kuan BH etc. Sorry, but if have chance will like to see him play. Must have some good level of play already. If not cant be state player lah??? If u want to advance to another level, I think u may need to get a professional coach to train u n then expose yrself to more competitions.That is how u excel,man.;)
    Adios.
    Adidas :D

6. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    my coach used to be a state player and he used to coach SBA. is tat good nuff? btw, how much did you buy for ur amortec 800 offensive and where? been deciding whether to get nanospeed 8k or armortec 700. i am offensive player. is armortec 800 off onli for doubles?

7. Matrix

Matrix Regular Member

Regional Sales Manager
    badminton rackets

Hi jas1121,
    What is SBA? Sarawak Badminton Association or Singapore Badminton Association?A state player is obviously good enough to coach lah.;) AT 800OFF or AT 800DEF can cost u around S$220/- to 240/- in Spore.If u are a offensive style player, u should look for MP 100 or AT 700.Both are stiff rackets. Ever think of Ti 10? A very powerful and good racket.U may also consider MP99 as a safe bet. Most important try them yrself and get the feel. U would not regret then.
    Matrix.:D

8. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    thanks matrix, actually i meant Sarawak Badminton Association. matrix , u're using a AT 800 DEF rite, are u a doubles player or a singles player? i am more to a singles player.

9. Matrix

Matrix Regular Member

Regional Sales Manager
    At800def

Hi jas1121,
    I am a double player. Formerly, I used to play single. Formerly, I am very fit n I used to compete with many players in single. I represented my company in single. But as age catching up I swtich to double. Many young guys still cant beat me. I use AT800DEF, Ti10,NS8K,MP100. Of all these I like At800DEF and Ti10 the most. They are beautiful and powerful rackets. The control,power n feel are there. Wherever I go I love to carry along my rackets to have a game or two. If u are in Spore, just pm me, and I would arrange game for u. Thanks.;)
    Matrix:D