User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 18
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Eagnas Flex740 or Flash565 ?

    Hi, I want to buy a cheap stringing machine, but have a hard time to decide which one to go with. I play both badminton and tennis, but play much more and much better at badminton. I break strings of badminton racquet often. I want to buy a machine that can string both for personal use. I intend to buy either Eagnas Flex740 or Flash565. Can anybody give some suggestions or comments?
    Which one I should go with? Do I need to buy a starting clamp, and how many flying clamps for badminton I should buy. I wish to buy everything at once to save the shipping cost.

    Thank you very much for your time and help!!

    wwest

  2. #2
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,201
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would go with the Eagnas: ST-200 and get two Hi-Qua Fly Clamps.

    ST200 for $279: http://www.eagnas.com/st200.html

    Hi-Qua Fly Clamps: $20/each: http://www.hiquasports.com/badminton/clamp-fly.htm

    If you need a starter clamp, I have one for sale along with some Eagnas clamps for cheap : http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=27225

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bell tower
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The ST-200 is a badminton only machine, I think, no? The OP wants to be able to string tennis racquets as well.

    The 740 is a swivel clamp model. I'm personally prefer swivel clamps, especially for tennis. Some people prefer floating/flying clamps for badminton. I think that's an individual choice. To answer your question, however, I'd recommend the 740 for that reason. I'd also try to upgrade the tennis clamps to the PN-1012 3-tooth ones. They're supposed to be much better than the PN-1002s.

    Eagnas also have badminton swivel clamps to go with the 740. Or, if you prefer flying clamps, as S4MadMan said, the HQ clamps are quite good. As to how many should you purchase, 2 is the minimum. Most stringers would recommend 3 or even 4, I think.

    A starting clamp is practically a must. Get the best you can afford. I've heard good things about the RAB, Alpha and Babolat ones amongst others.

    If you're not set on Eagnas, there are also other good brands you can take into consideration, such as Gamma, Alpha, Silent Partner, Laserfibre, etc.

    FWIW, HTH.

  4. #4
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,201
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo
    The ST-200 is a badminton only machine, I think, no? The OP wants to be able to string tennis racquets as well.
    Whoops, my bad. I couldn't edit my post after the fact, sorry.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wwest
    Hi, I want to buy a cheap stringing machine, but have a hard time to decide which one to go with. I play both badminton and tennis, but play much more and much better at badminton. I break strings of badminton racquet often. I want to buy a machine that can string both for personal use. I intend to buy either Eagnas Flex740 or Flash565. Can anybody give some suggestions or comments?
    Which one I should go with? Do I need to buy a starting clamp, and how many flying clamps for badminton I should buy. I wish to buy everything at once to save the shipping cost.

    Thank you very much for your time and help!!

    wwest
    I've just gone through the same decision. (Except for me it is squash and badminton.) In the end I went for the Flash767 because it has the swivel clamps PN-1012 (instead of PN-1002's) and also includes the badminton clamps PN-1013's. Also the FLASH-767's swivel clamps are spring-assisted whereas on the FLEX-740 they are not. On the down side, it is more expensive but when you factor in you get the two PN-1013 badminton clamps in as part of the package (2 X $40) I decided it was worth it.

    Now just have to wait for it to arrive from a slow boat from China (to New Zealand).

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do think the Flash 767 would be a better buy.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All right. I'd like to thank all of you for your suggestions. It's been very very helpful. I think I will go with your suggestions and spend an extra $100 buying a Flash 767 then. I will let you know how it goes later on.
    Many thanks!!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wwest
    All right. I'd like to thank all of you for your suggestions. It's been very very helpful. I think I will go with your suggestions and spend an extra $100 buying a Flash 767 then. I will let you know how it goes later on.
    Many thanks!!
    Well I'd be interested to know how your Flash 767 goes. You'll get yours first. I didn't calculate it as an extra $100 ; it comes to only an extra $70 according to my calcs and looking at the eagnas site. ( Flex 740 = $219 + 2 Badminton clamps($80) = $299. Flash 767 = $369 so thats a $70 difference.)

    Anyway, at least we stopped going up the range at some point. We could have spent more and got the manual crank.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have ordered the Flash 767 + starting clamp and 2 flying clamps. Total costs me $458.85 including S&H. It will arrive in a few days. I will share with you guys my experience later. Thanks.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi, nickywicky,



    have you received your machine?



    I received mine. I used once, my machine is functional but with some quality problems on the drum and sting griper parts. I think it will be future problems. How is your machine?



    The service of Maxline company is terrible. I guess it might be a family business. I donít understand how they can run a business like this. I called but couldnít get any help from them except anger. Since the shipping cost is too expensive, I chose not to return it. But I will definitely not recommend this company to any of my friends.



    Since you are not dealing with the Maxline, I guess your experience might be better.



    I strung one racquet after breaking one string. This is my first time of doing this. Next time I think I will do it better. I learned everything from reading this forum.



    Thank all of you.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No I haven't got my machine yet.

    It's not late, that's just how long it takes to come via sea from Taiwan to New Zealand. It should be here in a week or two.

    Because my area isn't covered by a dealer or representative of Eagnas I dealt with the factory direct via email. No problems in that area, they answered all of my questions promptly and clearly.

    I'll post here how my one turns out when it arrives.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    931
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bad decision getting the Eagnas starting clamp...


    If you decide to order better flying clamps, I'd suggest contacting Mark of Alpha Tennis. They have flying clamps identical to Hi-Qua. They also have the BEST starting clamp, bar none. Alpha = RAB which is the best, holds the most tension.

  13. #13
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,201
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    Bad decision getting the Eagnas starting clamp...
    Though my Eagnas starting clamp is pretty ghetto looking, it works just fine.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wwest
    hi, nickywicky,



    have you received your machine?



    I received mine. I used once, my machine is functional but with some quality problems on the drum and sting griper parts. I think it will be future problems. How is your machine?



    The service of Maxline company is terrible. I guess it might be a family business. I donít understand how they can run a business like this. I called but couldnít get any help from them except anger. Since the shipping cost is too expensive, I chose not to return it. But I will definitely not recommend this company to any of my friends.



    Since you are not dealing with the Maxline, I guess your experience might be better.



    I strung one racquet after breaking one string. This is my first time of doing this. Next time I think I will do it better. I learned everything from reading this forum.



    Thank all of you.

    Well finally it arrived last week.
    The stringer came in two packages, the first after 14 weeks and the second package arrived after 16 weeks. Sea mail sure can take a while.

    I don't have any quality issues with the machine, but they couldn't seem to follow a packing list. I'm missing a few items which is really annoying. The FLASH 767 is suppose to come with both tennis clamps (PN-1012) and badminton & squash clamps (PN-1013). I only got the tennis clamps (PN-1012), which is a real nuisance since I will only be stringing badminton & squash rackets.

    The also missed out on shipping the starting clamp I ordered and 2 packs of badminton string (Eagnas EB 85 which looks very similar in spec to Yonex BG85 but much cheaper (ordered 4 and got 2)).


    However (with the tennis clamps) I have strung 2 squash rackets and one badminton racket. The drum and stringer grip works fine and looks bullet proof to me. For the squash rackets I used technifibre 1.10 and 1.20 which can be damaged if gripped too tightly and the gripper did not leave any marks at all. So I thought I'd try a badminton racket with the thinnist string I could find (which was 0.65 Tactic TG-68ti) to see if it could grip this properly.
    And the string gripper again worked fine.

    Although I did have a few problems stringing the badminton racket. I couldn't clamp the top cross (I just jammed an awl in, did the second cross, removed the awl while the 2nd cross was still being tensioned).

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow, it's really been a while. I am glad you finally got something. So far, I only strung one badminton racquet. The racquet I strung works great. I played 2-3 times a week with that racquet.
    The problem with my machine is the diamond coating layer inside the grip drum is half falling-off. Do anybody know how I can glue it. Or, if it falls off, where can I find a replacement. Thanks.




    Quote Originally Posted by nickywicky
    Well finally it arrived last week.
    The stringer came in two packages, the first after 14 weeks and the second package arrived after 16 weeks. Sea mail sure can take a while.

    I don't have any quality issues with the machine, but they couldn't seem to follow a packing list. I'm missing a few items which is really annoying. The FLASH 767 is suppose to come with both tennis clamps (PN-1012) and badminton & squash clamps (PN-1013). I only got the tennis clamps (PN-1012), which is a real nuisance since I will only be stringing badminton & squash rackets.

    The also missed out on shipping the starting clamp I ordered and 2 packs of badminton string (Eagnas EB 85 which looks very similar in spec to Yonex BG85 but much cheaper (ordered 4 and got 2)).


    However (with the tennis clamps) I have strung 2 squash rackets and one badminton racket. The drum and stringer grip works fine and looks bullet proof to me. For the squash rackets I used technifibre 1.10 and 1.20 which can be damaged if gripped too tightly and the gripper did not leave any marks at all. So I thought I'd try a badminton racket with the thinnist string I could find (which was 0.65 Tactic TG-68ti) to see if it could grip this properly.
    And the string gripper again worked fine.

    Although I did have a few problems stringing the badminton racket. I couldn't clamp the top cross (I just jammed an awl in, did the second cross, removed the awl while the 2nd cross was still being tensioned).

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wwest
    Wow, it's really been a while. I am glad you finally got something. So far, I only strung one badminton racquet. The racquet I strung works great. I played 2-3 times a week with that racquet.
    The problem with my machine is the diamond coating layer inside the grip drum is half falling-off. Do anybody know how I can glue it. Or, if it falls off, where can I find a replacement. Thanks.

    I don't know for use, but I would try gluing it.
    It is possible to upgrade our units with an electronic tension head.The tension head from the Flex 722e can bolt in as a direct replacement for drop weight tenson head.

    http://eagnas.com/lilylee/fl722e.html

    But now that I've strung a couple of rackets, (for me because I'm a begginner), the tensioning time is way smaller than the time to sort out the strings, weave the crosses, thread through the shared grommits; I don't think I'll bother.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so one good eagnas and one shotty one huh? I'm really debating if I should go with the flex 740 or not. nickywicky, i would be interested in more info from you about your machine. I'm in the exact same boat, squash and badminton. Any problems mounting squash frames? did you use the throatless adapter advertised on the eagnas site?
    Although i'm looking at a different machine, they look to be somewhat similar in construction. Does your machine disassemble easily? I move back and forth between N.A. and Asia and it would be nice to take the machine around with me.

    Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Eagnas ST-250
    By xZhongCheng in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 4
    : 05-10-2011, 03:19 AM
  2. WTB: EAGNAS Flex 840 / EAGNAS Combo 810 Stringing Machine (SG only)
    By kewei88 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 12-13-2010, 01:22 PM
  3. FS: Eagnas ST-250 (used)
    By gary_seeker in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 9
    : 11-19-2008, 01:42 AM
  4. Eagnas ST-250
    By Pete LSD in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 22
    : 10-17-2007, 10:55 AM
  5. Flex740
    By KooGuy in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 14
    : 07-02-2007, 07:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •