Armortec 800 DE or Swing Power 900

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Matt, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I guess I'm limited my choices now now between these two above. I had did a few test swings at Tad's with the 800 DE and I like this one. Happened to go there because I wanted to get my 900 SA stringed up for the first time.

Now I'm making a decision if I should get this one or a 900. Your thoughts of which path I should take?

Thanks

#1 Matt, Oct 6, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2005
  2. danielg

danielg Regular Member

If you like the way the AT800DE felt when you tested it then I'd say go for it. I personally love mine. A lot of people are saying that the AT800DE isconsidered as the "new" MP99.

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Thanks for the response Danielg. I think I would go with 800 DE then. My head is just spinning between both of them because I like them but I can only choose one.

4. danielg

danielg Regular Member

Go for it man! I am sure that you won't regret it. :)

5. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    At800def

Hi,
    I too have a AT800DEF, and I love the racket very much.I bought a 900 Swing Power SS before and I broke it when I mishit a shot during a game. Wow, cost me S$215/- man.:crying: I like AT800DEF because it is not so stiff as AT 800OFF and good in defence and attack too. 3U G5 and SP version. Go for it man:p
    Lee:D

6. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    Noooo i already sent th emails T.T O well, as a fellow AT 800 DE owner, I hope you choose the right racket for yourself.

7. lumix

lumix Regular Member

Hi. Are you looking at a 4U AT800DE vs another 900SA? Personally I would prefer the 900SA because I found the 4U AT800DE too light and tend to overswing. Psychologically the sweetspot on the 900SA seems bigger too :p

but if you're looking at the SX or 3U AT800DE, imho I reckon the 3U AT800DE is easier to handle than the SX because its lighter and less stiff feeling than the SX.

Cheers

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Hi Lumix:

Thanks for the reply. The question was more like 900 SA vs. Armortec 800 DE in the 3U. I've heard that the 4U is considered to be too fragile.

I've actually changed my mind and now going to get another 900 SA. Was playing with it for the first time in open gym today and it felt very good on the smash and every other shot. Had some of the people trying my racket out because my racket was the only one making the "popping" attribute on the bird impact - a trait of the 900.

Matt