towel grip wrapping..how?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by jerby, Oct 8, 2005.

1. jerby

jerby Regular Member

hi there,

i'vr always used tacky-overgrips..but hów do you wrap a towel grip? i got a 20m roll...How much do you cut of?
    and How do you start? can somebody illustrate it?

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

shamefull bump...
    anybody???

3. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

Although my grip wrapping skills are questionable, I believe the same principle is applied to all grip tapes (incl towel). Don't cut off any set length. Start from the butt end of the handle and wrap towards the cone WITHOUT any overlapping layers. At the cone, cut at an angle and finish off with electical tape.

The reason you don't cut off a specific length (the first time) is to prevent wasting grip from cutting too long. After the first wrap, you will know exactly how long.

4. jerby

jerby Regular Member

well the problem is mor ethe beginning. since i have a 17m roll you dont start with a pre-cut starting point (slowely inclining) but wiht just strait cut-off. so hwo do you start? just stick it on? were do i start inclining?

5. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

Incline the same angle as your original grip / undergrip. Cut at an angle at the start and discard the triangle excess.

PS remove the sticky backing in small stages, as you go along with the gripping.

6. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

For the first time, you can estimate how much you need just by wrapping the grip around the handle (without removing the sticky back) up as far as you want.

When you cut off a length, use a diagonal cut so that you always have an angle at the start of your next length

If you estimate your first length and cut it off, you can use the angle you make by the cut as the starting angle.