User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Question about Grommet sizes

    Would you please let me know what is the grommet sizes for Yonex AT800, Yonex TI SwingPower and other Yonex racquet in general?

    Also, if you can let me know where I can get this info online, that will be great.

    Many thanks.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bell tower
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FAST!
    Would you please let me know what is the grommet sizes for Yonex AT800, Yonex TI SwingPower and other Yonex racquet in general?

    Also, if you can let me know where I can get this info online, that will be great.

    Many thanks.
    Well, you can search this forum. Which is not a bad idea to do in general because many excellent questions have been asked and answered here.

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=23914

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo
    Well, you can search this forum. Which is not a bad idea to do in general because many excellent questions have been asked and answered here.

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=23914
    Quasimodo,

    Thanks for the info.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo
    Well, you can search this forum. Which is not a bad idea to do in general because many excellent questions have been asked and answered here.

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=23914
    However, in the above thread, it only talked about the HQ racquets. Does anyone knows about the Yonex racquet? Thanks

  5. #5
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FAST!
    However, in the above thread, it only talked about the HQ racquets. Does anyone knows about the Yonex racquet? Thanks
    I don't know the size but in general the smaller/one pass grommets for the AT800-OF are the smallest replacement ones you can buy.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S4MadMan
    I don't know the size but in general the smaller/one pass grommets for the AT800-OF are the smallest replacement ones you can buy.
    Here is the four types:

    Type A - 2.1 x L 9.3 mm

    Type B - 2.6 x L 6.0 mm

    Type C - 2.6 x L 7.9 mm

    Type D - 2.1 x L 13.0 mm

    Are you talking about the type A then?

    Thanks

  7. #7
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FAST!
    Here is the four types:

    Type A - 2.1 x L 9.3 mm

    Type B - 2.6 x L 6.0 mm

    Type C - 2.6 x L 7.9 mm

    Type D - 2.1 x L 13.0 mm

    Are you talking about the type A then?

    Thanks
    I don't know about the length but it's gotta be the 2.1mm in width because only one string will pass through.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bell tower
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Hi-Qua grommets will fit many racquets other than HQ's own. Save, perhaps, for some YY Armortec racquets that have square head grommets. I'm not sure about those because I've never had to replace them. If needed, I think we can call Yonex USA and get some from them.

    The 2.1mm grommets are the single string ones, as S4MadMan said. Don't worry about the length, you can always cut it. Though, the 13mm long ones are more to replace those main 4 at the throat.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo
    The Hi-Qua grommets will fit many racquets other than HQ's own. Save, perhaps, for some YY Armortec racquets that have square head grommets. I'm not sure about those because I've never had to replace them. If needed, I think we can call Yonex USA and get some from them.

    The 2.1mm grommets are the single string ones, as S4MadMan said. Don't worry about the length, you can always cut it. Though, the 13mm long ones are more to replace those main 4 at the throat.
    Thanks for the info. So, you only ordered the longest one?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FAST!
    Here is the four types:

    Type A - 2.1 x L 9.3 mm

    Type B - 2.6 x L 6.0 mm

    Type C - 2.6 x L 7.9 mm

    Type D - 2.1 x L 13.0 mm

    Are you talking about the type A then?

    Thanks
    Personally, I only ordered A and C. C could become B, as u can always cut it. D is rarely to be touched, as it usually only to be used around throat area. By using A/C, I think i can easily replace 90% of the gromment w/o any difficulties. There are certain brand/model might require special sizes, but with some modification, I think A/C should be converted to the desired pieces, even though the fitting might not be perfect.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Personally, I only ordered A and C. C could become B, as u can always cut it. D is rarely to be touched, as it usually only to be used around throat area. By using A/C, I think i can easily replace 90% of the gromment w/o any difficulties. There are certain brand/model might require special sizes, but with some modification, I think A/C should be converted to the desired pieces, even though the fitting might not be perfect.
    Great. I will order A/C then.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Personally, I only ordered A and C. C could become B, as u can always cut it. D is rarely to be touched, as it usually only to be used around throat area. By using A/C, I think i can easily replace 90% of the gromment w/o any difficulties. There are certain brand/model might require special sizes, but with some modification, I think A/C should be converted to the desired pieces, even though the fitting might not be perfect.
    Question: After I cutted the C to become B, how can I prevent the sharp edge of B? How can you make it smooth, so that it will not cut off the string?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bell tower
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FAST!
    Thanks for the info. So, you only ordered the longest one?
    I've A, C and D. I rarely use D, occasionally I do find bad grommets in that throat area.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo
    I've A, C and D. I rarely use D, occasionally I do find bad grommets in that throat area.
    Thanks for your info.

Similar Threads

  1. Question on Yonex SHB-200/101/100 Sizes
    By trancemode in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 8
    : 10-10-2010, 12:25 AM
  2. Grommet Size Question-Quick help needed!!
    By Nightbird in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 7
    : 11-27-2009, 10:51 AM
  3. A question about grommet tubing?
    By dangler in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 6
    : 11-26-2008, 05:24 PM
  4. Grommet defect? Grommet falling out....
    By Neosakai in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 31
    : 06-15-2005, 09:19 PM
  5. Q: Common Grommet Sizes, Flying Clamp, Cheap String.
    By Quasimodo in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 4
    : 05-17-2005, 06:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •