PETE LSD - Re: Gosen 88

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by ViningWolff, Oct 12, 2005.

1. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    (you need to clean out your PM mailbox - won't let me sent you a message)

Hi-Qua is the cheapest I've been able to find for Gosen string online and their prices on some of the Yonex string was pretty good, though I'm not a fan of BG-65 except in a back up raquet as I know it'll last.

They also give a 25 for the price of 20 deal which I took advantage my last order.
    http://www.hiquasports.com/badminton/strings.htm

Think it worked out to be a little less than $3 CDN/pack including shipping, exchange and GST. Their shuttles are reasonably priced too, though I'd go with minimum blue or better. ( I use them for my annual tourney - at about 10.50 US a tube)

#1 ViningWolff, Oct 12, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Dude, send him an email instead. This is not a personal message board and it's hard for us to participate in a thread like this.

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Guess you got a point. However, if he doesn't have his email, he would have to send email via profile. Checking his profile, it's turned off - for most of us anyways.

4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Sorry, the problem has been corrected.

5. ViningWolff

Process Engineer
    Jeff - this is actually a re-hash of an earlier post about Gs-88 string, (which I'm now a big fan of).

To continue the thread - has anyone tried the Gozen Pro-66 yet? (I've got 21 packs of 88 yet, so I don't see buying any soon)

I tried to Bioroots 505 Ti. Very good touch, but couldn't get any great power from it.

Check out the Hi-qua website - some excellent prices in string. As the VRC guys can tell you, I'm heavy hitter and this .66 micro string has been in my raquet for well over 30 games and still hanging in there.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I currently use the Gosen Pro 66, as a replacement to the B505 (original). Very well performing string.

7. ViningWolff

Process Engineer
    How is the durability?

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Since it's my first time using the string as of last week, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I think Pete would have a better idea since he's used them I believe.

I can comment about the orignal B505 because I have used them in the past and recently got 3 packs as it's getting hard to find (discontinued).

9. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    No, I haven't tried the Pro 66 yet. I am loaded with strings right now. I just have to wait a bit longer to use up existing stock :) .

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    ahh I see!

Well I assume the durability is good because my dealer told me about it when asking him about this one. I switched over to these strings once I was able to go back to Vancouver to get my rackets stringed up stringed up.

Had a short experience with the Bio Root 66 (it's a bit soft) while it was on one of my rackets, but it had to be changed out because the stringer apparently gotten the string caught on a grommet during stringing, which caused the string to split on 3 different areas of the string (all 3 were in-between 2 grommets on the frame.

#10 Matt, Oct 12, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2005