User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton places in Melbourne?

Hello. Can anyone tell me where one might find a badminton shop in or near to Melbourne city, and if they were to have an online presence, their internet address as well?
    I had a look through Google and one of the 'Australian' search engines, but it was a nogo.

Thanks!

And 5 seconds later I find a place in Sydney named Top Serve Tennis who still list the MP99, anyone dealt with them?
    Last edited by Russki Bear; 10-13-2005 at 10:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread should be posted in the market forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russki Bear
    Hello. Can anyone tell me where one might find a badminton shop in or near to Melbourne city, and if they were to have an online presence, their internet address as well?
    I had a look through Google and one of the 'Australian' search engines, but it was a nogo.

Thanks!

And 5 seconds later I find a place in Sydney named Top Serve Tennis who still list the MP99, anyone dealt with them?
    Hi,
    There's a really good racket shop in Blackburn South on Middleborough road:
    http://www.xinsports.com.au/index.ph...847336250-7061
    This shop has the cheapest NanoSpeed and Armortec rackets I've seen in Aus (even online). The shop also has a very good range of Apacs rackets (which i recommend you getting). I've been there before and the rackets are all genuine. You can buy rackets online from here as well. re-string is $18 for bg-65

Another shop is at:
    http://www.jtultra.com.au/contacts.aspx
    This one has extremely cheap muscle power rackets

Whatever you do, i suggest not going to tension 24 because they are way too overpriced. They could charge up to $80 more than other places and use the excuse of a restring. $48 for BG-65 re-string clothes are just painfully expensive... don't get me started.

You can keep an eye out for sales at sportsmart at moorabbin as they sometimes clear badminton rackets really cheaply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I will take a look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sudda
    Hi,
    There's a really good racket shop in Blackburn South on Middleborough road:
    http://www.xinsports.com.au/index.ph...847336250-7061
    This shop has the cheapest NanoSpeed and Armortec rackets I've seen in Aus (even online). The shop also has a very good range of Apacs rackets (which i recommend you getting). I've been there before and the rackets are all genuine. You can buy rackets online from here as well. re-string is $18 for bg-65

Another shop is at:
    http://www.jtultra.com.au/contacts.aspx
    This one has extremely cheap muscle power rackets

Whatever you do, i suggest not going to tension 24 because they are way too overpriced. They could charge up to $80 more than other places and use the excuse of a restring. $48 for BG-65 re-string clothes are just painfully expensive... don't get me started.

You can keep an eye out for sales at sportsmart at moorabbin as they sometimes clear badminton rackets really cheaply.
    Yep.. xin's is a great place to go. Jacky's (jtultra.com.au) also gives good deals - i've dealt with both. And YEP.. forget tension-24! Their prices are just high as!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ErrBerr
    Yep.. xin's is a great place to go. Jacky's (jtultra.com.au) also gives good deals - i've dealt with both. And YEP.. forget tension-24! Their prices are just high as!
    I like the idea of Xin's shop really I am still gonna go pop in when I get to Melbourne, though I only have one day before I go to the rural area, and it's a fair way out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of Xin's shop really I am still gonna go pop in when I get to Melbourne, though I only have one day before I go to the rural area, and it's a fair way out.
    Oh where abouts are you heading, Ruski Bear..? If you don't mind me asking..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ErrBerr
    Oh where abouts are you heading, Ruski Bear..? If you don't mind me asking..
    Kyabram. I was born there in 1980. Basically it's a big Christmas drinkup with my extended family, it's good fun And the food is fantastic, all homemade roast chicken, lamb, turkey etc, homemade Ice Cream. Pudding! Apricots off of a tree..... *drool*

We'll probably go to Shep once or twice too. I dunno if Ky is big enough to support a badminton club, but people were gonna find out for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kyabram. I was born there in 1980. Basically it's a big Christmas drinkup with my extended family, it's good fun And the food is fantastic, all homemade roast chicken, lamb, turkey etc, homemade Ice Cream. Pudding! Apricots off of a tree..... *drool*

We'll probably go to Shep once or twice too. I dunno if Ky is big enough to support a badminton club, but people were gonna find out for me.
    Oh wow! Sounds really good. mmmm.. roast chicken n lamb..

Hope it all goes well and most of all, enjoyable!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I am sure it will be. Thanks all for your assistance, looks like I am gonna get a couple of racquets.

Cheers