Love me some badminton, hope to learn alot<3

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by MenosGrandeIchi, Oct 17, 2005.

1. MenosGrandeIchi

MenosGrandeIchi Regular Member

Hey Im Daniel, 23 from BC canada. i play 3 times a week about 9 hours only, small club where i live, rather kinda growing steadily lately , but 4 court rec gym =(. I wish i could play everyday, Badminton has become my passion of late, so i hope to absorb more from here, and hopefully improve on my game with your help<3 ^_^(\ see yas around

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Welcome to BF and to the wonderful sport of badminton:)! Hope you enjoy your stay here and find answers to all your badminton questions. Which part of BC are you from?Whereabouts do you play?

3. MenosGrandeIchi

hey Thankz ^^, i live in Kitimat Bc, Play in a recreational type club here, been going for just around 2 years, played a bit in HS, won a tournie for school, but moved and didnt get to play for a good part of junoir and senoir HS, there was no badminton at the school at the time , so badminton was lost in my memory<3 til around last year, needed soemthing fun, athletic, and competitive, Badminton Club totally does it for me ^-^, wish i never had to part from badminton, now i gotta catch up ><. so anyways yeah this site is awesome BTW, lots of info to cover, thanks for the warm welcome Cappy

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I came across a guy visiting from Kitimat last year while dropping in at a community center in Vancouver, he told me that there's lots of things to do outdoor but not much else indoor. It's definitely hard to play regularly in a small town:(.

5. MenosGrandeIchi

oh yeah, hes right, theres a lack of interest from the town, and youth here in anything sport, big hockey town, aside from that, everyone else does outdoor things, but ya know the town jsut took down a crappy old hospital, perfect space for a NEW Rec centre, or some indoor sporting venue. (maybe just a pure badminton gym) would certainly rock. but hey we got 4 courts, some good quality players to play with so its all good !

6. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome, MenosGrandeIchi :D

-dave

7. adidas_lee

adidas_lee Regular Member

Regional sales manager
    Bc

Hi MenosGrandeIchi,
    Welcome to Badmintoncentral forum.Where is yr town Kitimat? Is it far from Vancouver? I have heard that Vancouver is a beautiful place with coold weather. U mean there is only a few places for badminton there. In Malaysia especially Kuala lumpur, there are alots of venues for this game. Anyway, welcome to BC forum.
    Adidas:D

8. MenosGrandeIchi

hey Dave and Adidas , nice to meet ya guys, hey Adidas, i live about 18 hour drive from Vancouver, Population is under 9000 i think, i should just move to the city really or move to Asia. Just the thought of playing compeitive badminton all day... yeah...i'd be so up for that...time to save up XD, i bet your pretty good at badminton eh Adidas, u play in such a Badminton commited place, Canada loves hockey ^_^... as do i , but hockey takes all the towns resources in the small towns, so the indoor facilities in the small towns often suck. I had some badminton tonight actually, 25 ppl came with 4 courts, 16 ppl on , 9 off, not bad numbers today, had two east indians fighting over me LOL, ahhh today was good,

So ahhh This is a question or request for all of you
    how old are you guys, how long have you played? what game do u play, singles, or doubles? Thankz ! ^_^ talk to ya soon~

9. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Well, I think I qualify for the Canadian Masters :D ... I've played on and off, but this is 5th year back playing continuously.

I play most doubles, but I think my rotation is pretty bad, being self-taught.

-dave