High school badminton in British Columbia

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by robert 119, Oct 17, 2005.

1. robert 119

robert 119 Regular Member

Student
    Ok, the teachers strike in British Columbia has lasted for around a week and half, and I'm sure anyone in the school badminton teams have missed by now, three or four games. :crying: My point is, when the strike ends, what will happen to the schedule, since I was told by someone on my team we skip all missed games.

2. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    that would suck...Well with all this time you should make up for those cancelled games by going to ClearOne to play (or Cambie Community Centre).

>sigh<...it was 6.5 years ago when I played for London...... Oh well.. I know that cambie is still a very strong (if not the strongest) team but have a dictator for a coach.

don't let a teacher strike stop you from playing badminton! :D

3. DemonsBlood

DemonsBlood Regular Member

ARE U SHUR WE MISS THE GAMES?!!? OMGWTFBBQSAUSE!!!!!!!!!!1111@@

i am on cambie team XD

4. robert 119

robert 119 Regular Member

Student
    Badminton

Well, I'm not 100% sure myself, but that's what I was told. :(

Btw, I'm on Steveston team (haven't won any games so far) :crying:

5. C_Koo

C_Koo Regular Member

Well, it's really hard to reschedule all of the games... Beside Badminton getting cancelled (Bantam, Junior, Senior Badminton), there's also Bantam, Juvenile, Junior, Senior Girls Volleyball, Senior Boys Volleyball (guys volleyball is in spring), and we have to share the gym with them. You see, each of these divisions also miss 3 or 4 games, if we reschedule all fo them, we will not have enough time for our playoffs (of all sports) and will run into the winter season (Basketball and Pingpong mostly). This year, basketball season is starting a week earlier, at which the official start of the year is around Nov 20, comparing to last year's Nov 28 I think. Some schools take basketball very serious, and starts tryouts and practices very early in November... There's absolutely no time to reschedule all the games and then postpone the playoff. Plus, there's also the Vancouver and District (V&D's) the week right after the playoffs. Normally, the V&D's would end around Nov 15ish at which the Fall season starts right after that, very little time to get ready for the next season. There's no time for you to postpone the games anywhere, perhaps a week might be okay, but no more after that. IF we don't postpone anything, and just try to squeeze everything in (all the games we missed), ti's going to be really hard, and there's going to be a big fight over the gymtime.

I'm not certain what they're going to do, and what's going to happen and if we're going to over all still have the season or any other sports for the rest of the year. Some teacher coaches seem to say that if they don't get a fair deal, they're not going to coach anything at all... So, none of us are actually sure of what's going to happen anyways.

6. confuzzledfreak

confuzzledfreak Regular Member

Student
    heard that bmt season will be cancelled if strike goes past nov...
    hey charmaine! XD :rolleyes:

7. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    thats why we're gonna lead a revolt onto RSSAA. rofl imagine every single bdmt player in richmond marching into the office with this face on :mad:.

sup rob..herman..howie..judy...judys friend? lol

8. C_Koo

C_Koo Regular Member

I say that there's going to be a big revolution in Richmond when the strike ends, haha. Like the Basketball people vs Badminton people fighting for gym time.

9. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    i'm with c_koo. LOL

10. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    I think badminton ppl will win....why???

We're all going to bring our $5 old graphite racquets to inflict some pain...hehehe. :eek:

11. C_Koo

C_Koo Regular Member

I don't know what's going to happen to me since I'm on both Badminton and Basketball side... I'm from Steveston also...

12. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    lol we dont have a strike but its always like that. that sucks for you guys with the strike going on and all that, no badminton games and all that. well shouldnt they reschedule the games cause kinda sucks you missed them not really your fault...well atleast you can always go play badminton in the gyms/clubs.

lol thats a good approach.

13. C_Koo

C_Koo Regular Member

At least we got extra time to go to places like ClearOne to play badminton. SO STUPID that they even closed down some of the community centre if not all of them. <speechless> I know that the Cambie Community Centre got closed down, and I've been to the Steveston Community Centre today and it's also closed. I highly doubt the games will be rescheduled... hard to get so much gym time.

14. confuzzledfreak

Student
    oh crap..are bmt games still on tmr?!

15. C_Koo

C_Koo Regular Member

Ask your Athlete Director for more info, he/she should know. Luckily I don't have a game tomorrow. :)

16. confuzzledfreak

Student
    nvm..didn't have a game today, my mistake, read the original schedule wrong
    ok apparently this is wut's happenin...original game schedule is continuing, missed games to be rescheduled at a later date. This means a game wed for a lot of schools.
    also my mistake,c_koo isn't charmaine koo..haha
    funny how someone on my team is a c_koo too =P

17. C_Koo

C_Koo Regular Member

Wow... I thought my last name was rare enough, someone in Richmond also call C Koo? Let me take a guess, are you from Richmond Secondary and the C Koo that you know was on the Junior Bball team last year? Interesting!

Glad to know that the season is continueing now. No Badminton games are scheduled today but I know the volleyball games and Rugby games are continueing. (even though there's still some cancelation of games, but some are still on) Glad to also know that some schools are rescheduling games. Don't have your hopes too high that the games will be absolutely postponed... I"m hoping that one or two games will be rescheduled.

18. confuzzledfreak

Student
    they're all gonna be rescheduled
    plus, cambie tourney on nov. 8
    SEEYOUTHERE HAHAHSDADH
    *hyper*

19. J.T.M.X.

J.T.M.X. Regular Member

My badminton's season over already. I'm on the Killarney team. Placed 2nd out of 4 bantam teams. Got creamed in the last match, sigh... How did you guys do?

20. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

Anyone know how provincial actually works?

Cause im the coach for Moscrop in Burnaby, and this year we won Jr, and Sr for the District. And i know we'll have to play North Shore next week.

Cause what i use to think it was the top 2 from each District goes Automatically. So if we got 2nd playing against North shore will we get in? or we only get in Automatically if we get 1st?

Really wanna take the team to Cranbrook this year! :)