how to smash perfect

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by jin, Mar 3, 2002.

1. jin

jin Guest

hi guys i need help on smashing the birdie .. and tips other than the obvious would help..

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Do you mean the obvious tip of using the 'search' function to look up previous postings on the subject? There's been extensive discussion on this in the past. Happy hunting!!

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Well Smashing is something that you have to learn on your own.

How to say, start off by having your body parallel to where you want to send the smash. This is very basic, as more advanced players will have their body parellel but the wrist and racket work will send the shuttle elsewhere.

Position yourself so that the shuttle is infront of you, as opposed to about you in a clear, step forward and swing, making contact with the shuttle at this point will give you a smash.

On a personal tip, i learned how to smash by doing it slowly 1st, make sure that you get the steepness b4 the power. I had very very little formal training, so this is what i learned on my own. Slowly, once you get the direction and steepness right, work on angle and then only power.

4. Jason

Jason Guest

i find that a head heavy racket helps if u got weak wrist ^^

5. Veemal

Veemal Guest

Hmm...
    Looks like u need 2 watch a lot of Gopichand

6. marti juan

marti juan Guest

Well, all I could suggest is that you should always check the placement of your hand's grip on the raquet.
    Here are some tips to be more accurate:

-- When you're near the net, it is better for your grip on the handle, to be a bit nearer to the shaft. This is not only for a more controllable smash but also for a steeper smash near the service line area.

--When your at the back court, your grip must be nearer at the bottom of the shaft. This is to prevent the shuttlecock to be driven in too deep and hit the net.

--And when you're in the mid court, your grip must be in the middle.

Note: If you want to do this perfectly, your hand must naturally adjust the position of the grip during the service return and during the rally. This takes lots practice.
    This of course is what I do, and this is only a suggestion. Its quiet effective for me. But I wouldn't know about you, because this principle also depends on the players height. My hieght is only 5 feet and 3 and 1/2 inches. Please consider before doing this technique. That's all !!!

7. marti juan

marti juan Guest

Well, all I could suggest is that you should always check the placement of your hand's grip on the raquet.
    Here are some tips to be more accurate:

-- When you're near the net, it is better for your grip on the handle, to be a bit nearer to the shaft. This is not only for a more controllable smash but also for a steeper smash near the service line area.

--When your at the back court, your grip must be nearer at the bottom of the shaft. This is to prevent the shuttlecock to be driven in too deep and hit the net.

--And when you're in the mid court, your grip must be in the middle.

Note: If you want to do this perfectly, your hand must naturally adjust the position of the grip during the service return and during the rally. This takes lots practice.
    This of course is what I do, and this is only a suggestion. Its quiet effective for me. But I wouldn't know about you, because this principle also depends on the players height. My hieght is only 5 feet and 3 and 1/2 inches. Please consider before doing this technique. That's all !!!
    >
    > hi guys i need help on smashing the birdie .. and tips
    > other than the obvious would help..

8. jin

jin Guest

thanks guys

hey gues thanks for the advise.. some of them are working especially the dude with the same height as me haha that workedjin wrote:
    >