Feel extremely tired during a Single Match

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by quik_silver, Oct 22, 2005.

1. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    For some particular reason, I always feel extremely tired during a single match.. >.< I am not sure is it becuase I am a bit too fat or I am too lazy.. But I want to know why I always get so tired..? :confused::confused::crying::crying:

I want to play more single with my friends and they pwnt me really bad!!

2. aL_vin

aL_vin Regular Member

You have the full court to yourself? Instead of doubles... sharing a little larger one? Train your stamina... endurance.

3. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    fat? that has nothing to do with it. not trying to say anything mean but i know some chubby/fat people and damn there great at singles can out last alot of the smaller people while running around the court. i would say work on your stamina thats very important in badminton also might want to work on some footwork and technique cause those last two can rob you of energy if your not ontop of them.

4. BethuneGuy

BethuneGuy Regular Member

Student
    Footwork needs to be more efficient. As well as being able to hit shots that control your opponent instead of letting your opponent move you helps. Like, you are not always the one chasing, but you are making the opponent catch up to the bird.

5. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    Okie Dokie people! Thz for the all replies! Gotta train more on my stamina and footwork! :D:D

6. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    You'll get tired while playing singles and you want to stop, but if you continue playing long enough and not give up, you won't feel as tired. It's all about your will to win.

7. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    In singles, you'll always be more tired than in double or mixed. Just keep playing singles and your stamina will increase soooo much more. Then when it gets to that point, doubles and mixed doesn't even begin to take your breath away.

8. chinek

chinek Regular Member

Technical Administrator
    In singles you have to be more efficient in your strokes. For instance in doubles I tend to go for the jump smash even from the baseline but in singles if you keep doing that you tire yourself out very quickly and you might even lose the point because your recovery may be too slow .The other example is that instead of running backwards and taking the corner base shots directly in front of the shuttle, sometimes I only move back two steps and take the shot after the shuttle has dropped. don't recommend doing it all the time but that's what I mean by being efficient.

Other than that like what you've got from the rest is stamina and footwork.

Pace yourself properly when you play singles and try to analyze your opponent. Also, always return to the 'T' after you return base line shots.
    And another one which I would not always recommend is that sometimes if you know you're not going to reach the shot ,just give it up and try to win on the next point.

Nick

9. Darma Sucipto

Darma Sucipto Regular Member

I dont agree with your point. my opinion is even you know that you wont able to reach the shot, you cant just give up like that. You have to still chase the birdie no matter how hard to chase it. It is okay that you cant take the shot but at least you have tried. The point is this is the way to improve. If you keep on giving up on taking the shots that you cant take, you will forever wont be able to take that shot. I hope you guys get what i mean... haha.... :p

10. chinek

chinek Regular Member

Technical Administrator
    Like I said "I would NOT always recommend" ..what I'm trying to say is to use your judgement ,rather than trying to dash madly for every shot ,you might save some energy by using correct judgement. ;)

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    extremely tired?

well, you will need to strategize and think ahead before every single point to save your energy. Psych yourself up man!:D Just do it!

12. ZoggeY

ZoggeY Regular Member

I played a tournament not so long ago and i played against people that was older than me.I am fat and has bad stamina but when i played i kept runnin
    g. I was extremly tired but i just kept running! So go for it!!:D

13. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    I'd say it's all in your footwork. Afterall, you're a pro at cross-country :p

14. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

haha, mixed? i find that more difficult than singles! :p

15. BethuneGuy

BethuneGuy Regular Member

Student
    Does anybody other than me, find the consistent power/hammering shots in doubles makes one more tired than in singles? Especially trying to push the pace, and taking drops high to push/kill. In singles, I can play at a relatively slower pace, and still be effective (unless opponent pushes the pace faster).

16. chinek

chinek Regular Member

Technical Administrator
    i think one can get equally tired in either singles or double depending on the match and your opponents.if your opponents are as good as you,and it's a close match then you will need to work hard to win the points. there are many factors involved,like if your partner can cover you very well ,then you can get away with less coverage,but if you have a weak partner and you have to cover for him,that will tire you for sure.
    even in singles matches,if your opponent is as good as you are ,then it is going to be a tiring game....

17. Froca

Froca Regular Member

student( must keep a high avg to play badminton an
    Fat???? trust me this has nothing to do with fatness. Have u seen the girl fro Netherland? now she's fat but she can still get around the court pretty fast.
    If a fatty can, then that prove everything. by the way i'm sure u r not as fat as her:p

18. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

fatty??? u sure shes fat or just big size with muscular body.