question about yonex serial number

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by schmoey, Oct 24, 2005.

1. schmoey

schmoey Regular Member

hi~

i got bored one day, so i went to check out my racket's serial numbers... and then i went to check out my brother's racket's serial numbers..

you know the serial number on the shaft? i read on the site that:

The serial number is a simpe 7-digit serial number that increases with each manufactured racket. This number is unique.

... yet, when i looked at my racket (manufactured in year 2000), this serial number was higher than my brother's (manufactured in year 2005)

so what's up with this? (or are the numbers just random?... what'll happen if yonex hits over 999,999 rackets? haha :p )

i'm sorry if someone has pointed this out before in a separate thread (i didn't find anything though)

just a question out of curiosity ^^"

2. blinan8088

blinan8088 Regular Member

IT Programmer
    It's seven digits, so I think the limit is 9,999,999 or almost ten milions rackets :)

3. schmoey

schmoey Regular Member

oops.. haha, right... i was thinking of the date code for that moment..

but does anyone know the reason for this? mine's like... 58_ _ _ _ _.... meanwhile my bro's is like... 53_ _ _ _ _ o_O"

4. blinan8088

blinan8088 Regular Member

IT Programmer
    I have no idea. But my rackets' serial number seems to add up following its production timeline. Perhaps when the serial number reaches a certain number, then it will be repeated again from a lower serial number? I am not sure and I don't believe it's true though because serial number is supposed to be unique, right? I am sorry I cannot answer your question. :)

5. other

other Regular Member

Student
    they are supposed to increase in order i think, so it's possible one of u have a a fake racquet.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's impossible to start with 58 for yr 2000 racket, if they are following the yonex modern day's serial # format. If your racket does follow that format, then it's a good chance it's a fake. :eek:

7. schmoey

schmoey Regular Member

meh, could be a fake. i wouldn't be that worried anyway, it's not like it's super top-of-the-model lol (yonex iso95vf.. haha).. if it were, it'd be a pretty good fake though.. it serves me pretty well :)

now that i think about it, not everything's so symmetrical about it... but then again, i always thought it was because it's old :p .. maybe not then! *gasp*

but anyway, does anyone else here have a racket dated 2000 from canada?

8. schmoey

schmoey Regular Member

actually never mind... i asked some guy who works at a store who was (or at least seemed) quite knowledgeable about the serial code... according to him, the number on the shaft is only for that certain model.

i saw some lower end rackets (like iso75MF and carbonex 8400 light?) up to like.. 7000000 lol... while all the lower end rackets were still in the 5300000 area..

is this a possible reason as to why they stopped manufacturing the Ti-10? did the racket become so popular that they went over 9999999 rackets?? haha, just a random and probably incorrect thought of mine. :D

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. Not true. All different models will follow the sequence of shaft serial. Say, all the higher end MP, AT, CAB, Nano, etc are all in 1 list.

2. Higher end JP made models are current in 5****** range. Made in TW models (lower end) are currently in 7****** range. Very low end (made in CHN) are currently in 9****** range.

3. Not true. That's like 10 million rackets...

10. schmoey

schmoey Regular Member

2. then how does that explain the huge loads of lower-end models i see fashioning a 7****** shaft serial? you're not meaning to tell me that they're ALL fakes are they? from ALL the shops i've seen, they're all like that.

11. SandeepD

SandeepD Regular Member

I don't think that he's saying they're fakes, from what he just said it seems that all those low-end ones are authentic Yonex racquets but made in Taiwan. Correct me if I have misinterpreted....

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you're correct. the genuine made in Taiwan Yonex do have 7,xxx,xxx serial numbers.

13. schmoey

schmoey Regular Member

oh darnit, he lied to me. XD

so in other words, the chance of my racket being a fake is now super high? :p

iono.. i was just wondering though if the first year of the new serial code followed a slightly different system than it currently does... i checked another racket that is the same as mine (same model, same year) and the shaft serial is also within the same range... just off by a couple hundred.

what were the quality of fakes like back then? i haven't seen many fakes with CD distr. code.....

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    post some pics. we will be able to spot fakes much more accurately than just talking numbers.

15. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Yonex has 3 different manufacture lines:

1. Factories in JP produce high end models, currently, serial already up to 5****** for 2005 products.

2. Factories in TW produce lower to some med lines, serial starts with 7******.

3. Factories in CHN produce lower end models, serial starts with 9******.

The above 3 are completely different production lines, you need 3 separated data charts to verify the serial #.

4. Serial # is ONLY ONE method to spot fakes. Even if the serial # fit nicely, it might still a fake.

16. wongccw

wongccw Regular Member

sorry few questions
    1. what is serial #
    2. so what is the CH ver yonex racket(high end) start?
    3. uk/GR/FR ver high end models start at 7******?

17. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) Read the first post.
    2) Please be more specific. Are you talking about the CH on the shaft or CH on the cone? I assume you are talking about the cone. If that is the case, 1000000.
    3) Same as all other region.

18. wongccw

wongccw Regular Member

oh sorry..:eek:
    i was talking about the shaft one..
    coz i feel amazing u guys can identity the yonex code..
    and i just try to understand how it is work:D