serious badminton injury

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by mansour, Oct 27, 2005.

1. mansour

mansour Regular Member

this is probably waaay off topic but, well 1 week ago, I was playing at a advanced local club, and you gotta play really agressively when you play with those guys. The day after my private part (or if you would like to call it "nuts") started hurting. I waited 3 days to see if the pain would go away, but it got worse. So I went to the hospital and they said I bruised it by it being banged around. It's from badminton I know because I recall nothing happening to that area. anyways I was wondering if anyone of you guys has had this or heard about this, and know any way to prevent it, because I really enjoy training(I'm only 16 years old) but I don't want to affect my future. thanks guys.:)

#1 mansour, Oct 27, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  2. GTO-demon

GTO-demon Regular Member

student
    outch.. that gotta hurt.. well i haven't had that kind of injury B4,, but i hope you get well soon...
    best wishes...

3. mansour

mansour Regular Member

for those 3 days, when I sat it hurt my lower abs and my lower back, it was a horrible experience. I'm hoping someone can respond to this thread and tell me if theres anyway I can still continue to play competitivly and do something to protect my you know what. thanks

4. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Woah.. u must have got a big one!:eek: haha just kidding.. sorry ;)
    Anyway.. sounds like u might have injured your back... As the nerves from spinal cord innervate to different part of the body.. it is possible that u have sprained your back during the intensive game. And the swelling of the joint cause the compression on the nerve thus pain...
    Believe me.. I have ongoing sore lower back for 1 and a half year already..
    Now the pain has spreads to the calve and hamstring..
    So I think u should rest till the pain goes away...
    As for me I cant be bothered and play on... and look at the consequences:rolleyes:

5. mansour

mansour Regular Member

I know its not my back, because there are signs on them that I know I hurt by either banging them around when I was moving around the court quickly, anyone recommend something that maybe can like hold it in place or protect them from injuring them when I'm playing badminton? maybe like tight spandex underneath my shorts or like tight underwear?

6. terror

terror Regular Member

hey i replied to your request in another section of the forum. i think its the general forum. hope it helps. get well soon.

7. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    But didn't u mention that it hurts your back and lower abs when u are sitting down?
    What did the doctor say anyway? U wear boxers or normal undies?