help me, badminton injury

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by mansour, Oct 27, 2005.

1. mansour

mansour Regular Member

well 1 week ago, I was playing at a advanced local club, and you gotta play really agressively when you play with those guys. The day after my private part (or if you would like to call it "nuts") started hurting. I waited 3 days to see if the pain would go away, but it got worse. So I went to the hospital and they said I bruised it by it being banged around. It's from badminton I know because I recall nothing happening to that area. anyways I was wondering if anyone of you guys has had this or heard about this, and know any way to prevent it, because I really enjoy training(I'm only 16 years old) but I don't want to affect my future. thanks guys.:)

2. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    i admit i have had a few stray smashes where the racquet just vears off course and gives me a good wack in the nuts...not the greatest feeling in the world and sure can hurt at times. i have however never come across a case like yours where it hurt for more than 1 day. hum well the only way to avoid this is to get the right technique but even then its inevidible and will happen once in a while, dont let it rule your life though, "oh no if i smash i coudl nail myself" just play like you usually do. im a little confused you say its from badminton but you recall nothing happening to that area? do you mean nothing happening to it outside of badminton? you might have also pulled a muscle while preformiing a shot and also hit it..the many possibilities. in the future make yourself aware of where you are on the court cause i remember when i first started smashing i would always hit my left knee but when i changed my technique for a better one i havent hit it since unless its the rare one that goes down low for some reason.

3. mansour

mansour Regular Member

no i didnt hit it...i believe it got smacked between my legs when i was moving around the court very fast and you know how sensitive that area is...

4. Russki Bear

Russki Bear Regular Member

IT
    Maybe you need to wear something tighter :D

5. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    :D Sorry........................!

6. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Injuries

Hi Russki Bear,
    We use call it "ball guard". Just to protect the testicles from whack and heavy impact like karate or tae kwon do. wow, if badminton does sustain such injuries, I think most likely in doubles it might happen!!!:eek: Do anyone sustain it in single? Whack own testicles???:crying:
    Lee:p

7. terror

terror Regular Member

u know u might have got hernia. better see a doctor about it. most soccer players have it cos they dont wear undergarments which are tight enough, and it takes a toll on... yeah if u like to call em the "nuts"

by the way hernia is usually caused by excessive stress on those areas which arent supported properly if im not wrong. ruptures of internal organs. can be quite serious. get some professional advice and if necessary, treatment. it can save a lot of problems later on. all the best:)

8. dpc1l

dpc1l Regular Member

9. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    lol oh my goodness u guys are taking this too extreme...
    wassup with all the professional undies or nuts protector lol
    anyway a good old fashion Superman's will do dont u think :)
    Give your balls a rest till the pain go away.. then start playing..
    Body pain is a sign telling u to rest, listen to the body! Dont be foolish like me who go and play on and aggrevate the pain.. now its permenant lol

10. mansour

mansour Regular Member

yea...I havent played for 5 days now, because I dont want to hurt it any farther. But I'm gonna get some "compression" shorts, meaning very tight shorts to prevent my uh, private from banging around. Thanks a lot guys.:D

11. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

u need something called briefs...or to be exact sport briefs. fruit of the loom has one called FIT. Sold at Zellers. Always use briefs when playing sport, at least I do.