Improve badminton skill

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by yadi_susan, Oct 29, 2005.

1. yadi_susan

yadi_susan Regular Member

Hi Everyone. We want to open a badminton group (level intermediate) for primary 3 to secondary 2.

We'll provided shuttles and booking of courts. Maximum students up to 6 peoples.

First time class, We'll doing assessment to know the Student skill (take around 5 minutes per player).

From the assessment result, we must improve the bad skill and doing agreing wrong directly.

We need also requirements from any player to improve them skill.

If you need more information, feel free to give us some question. Thanks..

yadi_susan

2. protomedea

protomedea New Member

First of all, I think it might be a good idea for you to introduce yourself first, tell us your experience and expertise and how this will translate to benefits for your potential student(s).

Secondly, I don't mean no disrespect in this matter, but I think you also need to work on your language skill. This will help you to send the message across in a much more efficient way.

Thirdly, I've given some thought on this and would also like everyone else's opinion on this. I don't think it's really appropriate for you to jump into Iwan's thread and hijack it to your benefit. I think an apology will be nice :)

Thank you and I wish you all the best in your coaching career :)

3. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Thanks for the support, but I'm actually quite fine with it because the person she tried to get was someone that I provide a coaching service for.

4. SkyRider

SkyRider Regular Member

Ha, skyrider here, I agree with IWAN comment, as he was having a tight schedule. I welcome anyone who can povide a coach session. If it cause any misunderstanding directly or indirectly , I apologise. This forum is to help those who love to play badminton. It should encouraged those with experience to come forward to share their knowledge to other. Yadi was respond to my help on this forum, so no offence.

Bye. :crying:

5. Scanner

Scanner Regular Member

Accounts
    hi all,i m replying not in support of yadi or sky,and no disrespect
    to iwan.this forum allow anybody who is interested in coaching
    to come forward to help those who cannot find a coach or in this
    case iwan is not available.so hijack is not a very nice word to use.
    let's not make this an issue.there are many ppl here looking for
    coaches so plenty to spread around no worrries.let's get on with
    the game and be happy.if i did offend anybody i m sorry.
    have a nice day.

cheers

6. yadi_susan

Yes, Skyrider allright. Thanks for your comment.

I don't know why everyone always negative thinking.

Badminton is my hobby. Ya iwan said: I tried to get was someone that iwan provide a coaching service for. Ok lah.... I am sorry....This service is only for you.

I'll share my badminton skill for my children, my friends, and not in this forum.

Thanks,
    yadi_susan

7. protomedea

protomedea New Member

My bad :eek: . I wasn't trying to blow up the issue. My sincere apology then :)

8. yadi_susan

Hi protomedea,
    Are you iwan's friends? I think so. I've created new thread (not jump into Iwan's thread and not hijack it).. wah Really negative thinking.

9. protomedea

protomedea New Member

OK. I guess I misinterpreted the corresponding thread. And as I said before, my sincere apology. Next time I should remind myself to ASK first (me hitting myself in the head...)

10. haryZng

haryZng Regular Member

Hi Yadi, could I have your contact? I ve a kid at pri3 and still looking for coach.. Thanks! My 9780 3887.

11. SkyRider

SkyRider Regular Member

Your kid will benefit for it. It is better to start young. Nowaday the standard of play have gone up ever for primary school. Look at Montfort ,Maris Stella High , so strong.:eek:

If you kid is good, he will be approach by those top Badminton primary school. :)

Good Luck

12. haryZng

haryZng Regular Member

Thanks for your valuable sharing... :)
    Good Luck to you too!

13. SkyRider

SkyRider Regular Member

Yadi,today trial conduct by you was good everthough it was a one hr session. Yr footwork is excellent as it is fast. Young & old player will benefit from it. Yr encouragement & patient help the player to improve their skill especially the wrist power, the forehand smash, back hand net drop. The ability to hit the shuttle fr baseline to baseline rally.:p

14. yadi_susan

Thanks. We try to give more benefit. I think I have a good chance to share my skills to everyone. I'll satisfied if can do it.

Cheers,
    YS

15. haryZng

haryZng Regular Member

Yeah.. Skyrider, my kid also directly benefit from the last 2 sessions (tues & Thur) His lob seem improve. You know, sorry to say, his level is beginner!!:eek: so I hope Yadi could accelerate his playing level, in order could get 1 or 2 point from your kid!:) Your kid is fantastic! He gave me 11 only!! Losing to a lady player is embrassing enought..:eek: But now the Climax, losing to Pri3 kid??? :crying: :crying: :eek: :crying:

16. SkyRider

SkyRider Regular Member

It is ok to lose to a PR3 KID. At our age, we play for lesisure. For them, more for competition & improvement. Lucky it is not a PR2 KID instead. There are a few good player from PR2 whose standard is almost on par with my kid But this kid whose parent are either a professional coach or a coach themselves.

The most important thing is to get the right coach for the kid. Then find a badminton grp to join on a regular. For then can our kid improve. As for stamina , just bring him for jogging, swimming,cycling on a regular.:)

Hope the above will improve yr kid to play a better badminton game.:p

17. yadi_susan

Hi Hary and SkyRider,

Thanks for supported for our Coaching.

This is evaluation for 3 sessions for training group under us:
    1. Hary: Your son already improve for the Footwork and smash, lop but need to be practice more. For Iwan's Class your Son can practice that also. I try to improve drop shot, netting, and feeling for your son. For another skill, I can't improve as long as your son already improve the better lop and better smash perfectly. I try to improve one by one. After Your son can lop and smash perfectly, I can continue to improve the drop shot using Hand Finger, Jump Smash, Stroke (Latihan Bayangan..), Backhand, etc. There are 3 levels for Latihan Bayangan. Later, We will show you (Related to Feeling and Reflex-This is High Level Advance Player). We try bring your son skill it level with SkyRider's Son Level. It is important things for me, happy can do that and also has benefit for SkyRider's Son, Joseph's Son and benefit in group.
    Remember to practice your son about: Push Up, Sit up, Skipping.
    Don't worry about that. As long as your son has willingness, Your son can improve. Please understand this...

2. SkyRider: I already repair for your son such as: Footwork, Cop, Drop Shot and smash. Another Skill Drop Shot using Hand Finger need to be practice.

We want to improve your Son such as: Latihan Bayangan (Stroke), Jump Smash, Backhand, Return Right Smash, Return Left Smash, Cross Drop Shot, etc...and included how to maintenance your son stamina. Please understand this...

We have 1 intermediate Son and will join us regularly. His Footwork, Lop, Service, Smash need to be repair and practice. Thanks for Jeseph: Give us opportunities. I try to give all my skills for you Son, Hary's Son, and SkyRider's Son.

Note:
    --> If your son need to improve the stamina, I can help but only 1 time every week. The schedule is Saturday (Foot Ball Stadium) - Yiu Chu Kang. This is free one. Before your son doing this, make sure no other activities.

--> For SkyRider's Son, Base on my experiences, If you want to improve and make your son the best player, important things are:
    - 2 or 3 days (2/3 hours every day) technic practice is better.
    More than 3 not good, your son will be boring (This is natural).
    - 2 days Stamina practice is better. less than 2 days not enough.
    More than 2 days not good because your son still 9 years old.
    9 - 15 years old - Stamina practice should be enaugh 2 days.
    15 - 26 years old - can take 3 days for stamina practice.
    Remember after attented stamina practice, give him hot sugar tea, banana.
    - 2/3 days for take the rest.

For example:
    Monday (2/3 hours) - Technic Practice
    Tuesday (2/3 hours) - Technic Practice
    Wednesday (2/3 hours) - Stamina Practice
    Thursday (2/3 hours) - Stamina Practice
    Friday and Saturday - rest
    Sunday - Go for refeshing

Cheers,
    YS

18. SkyRider

SkyRider Regular Member

Ho, banana, he love it.:eek: Banana contain sugar & energy. You help to fine tune his weak point & I will help with his speed play.

19. SkyRider

SkyRider Regular Member

Ho, banana, he love it.:eek: Banana contain sugar & energy. You help to fine tune his weak point & I will help with his speed play.

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Charity coaching.

We need more evangelist like this one. Badminton is getting expensive for children now days. Keep going Yadi.:D
    rgds