lin dan bt peter gade.

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / China Open / Chinese Taipei Open ' started by red00ecstrat, Nov 4, 2005.

1. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    17:16, 13:15, 15:12

2. rollerbuzz

rollerbuzz Regular Member

that's my lin dan! :p

3. kyiyu

kyiyu Regular Member

General Manager
    Well! History is not on Peter's side:rolleyes: .

4. klaphat

klaphat Regular Member

But what a match

that must have been... just look at the score.. I am often tempted to claim that Gade is over and out... and I have previously written that in this forum.. but then he comes back fighting.. I'm always impressed by Lin Dan.. but I have to admit that Gade still has to be considered as a serious contender.. also for the coming tournaments..

5. Morten

Morten Regular Member

As Klaphat I also considered Gade done after he failed to capture WC 03 and the Olympics... but I must admit that from Singapore Open and forward he has only proved that he is back, perhaps in a shape close to the one he was in before his injury. He has regained his stamina and got better mental strengh and still very fast... only difference before the injury in 01 is that he plays slightly more of an allround play and is not as agressive as before. The last 2 encounters between Lin Dan and Gade indicates that they are very close in lvl. And as mentioned before in and earlier thread I think the last 4 ms in Anaheim are the 4 best right now.

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Indeed, matches between these 2 players were normally tight and long. The same goes for yesterday's titanic battle. It was a VERY VERY CLOSE match and also Peter's best chance to beat Lin Dan. Scores were tight from the very beginning and when I reached the stadium, it was still 9-8 (around 3.40pm). 2 matches had concluded in the other court, but the match between Peter and Lin continued till after 5pm. It must have been close to 2 hrs.

Scores were tied at 10-10 in the third set, then Lin got 3 points in a row before service changed hands. Peter nicked another 2 points to make it 12-13. But, Lin managed to get service back and finished off with 15-12. At the end, Peter looked absolutely devastated after yet another agonizing defeat.

7. yuval_ba

yuval_ba Regular Member

I admire Peter for his determintation. I am sure it will pay off if he continues.
    I hope he will not retire anytime soon. After all, if he can give such fight to world no. 1 we sure will love to keep seeing him around ....
    hopefully next tourney is his .... ;)