Wanting to play in HK

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by erikfsx, Nov 4, 2005.

1. erikfsx

erikfsx Regular Member

Hi there guys and gals, I'm going to HK next week and I'm having a second thought if I'll bring my badminton racket since I'm staying there for about a month. I don't know anyone from HK who plays badminton, hopefully you guys can tuck me in if ever. My level, I'm not really sure, honestly I feel I'm still learning the curve, but hopefully I can give a good game...

I don't know yet my destination, next week or maybe by tomorrow I'll post it...I want to have new friends from there... thanks guys!

Anyone from HK, email me or reply here...
    email: rdelavin@pldtdsl.net, erikfsx@yahoo.com

2. erikfsx

erikfsx Regular Member

additional questions, how much per hour? places to play?

3. jeepu

jeepu Regular Member

Web Guy
    Dude you're welcome to contact me at messenger@jeepu.net ATTN: Calvin.

Regarding court rent, it's $59 HKD / hour for most public gym. You can check availability at http://esd.gov.hk/ga/leisurelink/eng/default.asp...this site seems only work on IE, so I don't really like it btw :(

Haha if you don't have much luggage to carry, sure you can bring your racquet with you...but racquets are cheap in HK relative to Vancouver, although I'm not sure where you're coming from :D My new AT800 (offensive) was $1200 HKD, which can worth $220-250 CAD. Go to google and enter "1120 hkd in cad", you see the different.

4. erikfsx

erikfsx Regular Member

i'll be staying in tin sum village, taiwai shatin n.t. is that near enough to play with you? i might be available only on weekends...

5. psplrd

psplrd Regular Member

Well...
    Hey erikfsx...I can pick you up somewhere if you decide to play in my club...send me a message...:)

6. psplrd

psplrd Regular Member

Well...
    Haaa:D ...nice pick man...I am using the exact same racquet and HKD$1200 is a decent deal!! :rolleyes: Is it a racquet for gals anyway?? Seems not a lot ladeis are using AT800 offensive??

7. jeepu

jeepu Regular Member

Web Guy
    AT800(off) is one nice piece of racquet...stiff, head heavy, gives you hard smashes, suits my playing style. If you're the offensive type (prefer smashes than drops) its good for you.

My retired racquet is a MP99...got some serious fracture that the stringing guy recommended me to give it up :( I really liked it, it's more flexible which is good for more variety of attacks / defences...would recommend to people who likes more control.

BTW psplrd I'll reply to your email regarding the club :D