Badminton Birdie Laucher

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by tmztr, Nov 6, 2005.

1. tmztr

tmztr New Member

Is it possible to make a fully gravity-powered badminton birdie launcher? The launcher must be placed on the ground and successfully shoot birdies that can reach the height of an average basketball net. Please let me know if anyone have any ideas or design or any comments as to how to make this launcher. thx~

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Can you tell us what is the reason for building this machine? I assume this is for a school project right? I only saw a mcahine in this forum before and it is electric powered.
    I thought of a badminton shuttle launcher before. Depend on what you need. If you need a machine to launch shuttles consistenly to parctice by yourself. The best method will be power by compressed air. If you just need a device to launch a shuttle for some physic experience, build one power by rubber band. Foe a gravity machine, you still need a person to reload after each shot. If a one shot launcher is what you are looking for, yes, there is a way to build one to launch 1 birdy only using gravity. Study the catapult machine design. Depending one what you are looking for, underhand serving motion or overhead serving motion, you might need a gear to reverse the direction of the arm. unough said. Good luck and have fun.

3. tmztr

tmztr New Member

birdie

>>Yes, this is a school project and the challenge is to only use gravity power to build this launcher. Since gravity can only be the factor of this launcher, the materials that can be used are very limited. So, I am not sure how this launcher will be able to function.

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I will not give you the design of the machine. However, use [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Trebuchet as a reference design. Maybe attach a racquet on top of the arm to hit the shuttle from like an over head shot or put a reverse gear so the arm will swing down and hit it like a underhand serve. One more thing, make sure the release shuttle release can be controled so you can hit the shuttle at a good position.
    [/font]

5. joanz

joanz New Member

excuse me guys...

Im also interested of how this launcher works and its design. If u woud be generous enough to give me any sites or links so as to where could i access
    this info.