User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oh nasty . . . I feel sorry for you. How come you are using a tennis clamp on one side and badminton clamp on the other?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    baumbaer,

sorry to see the loss.

i noticed you are using an Eagnas machine.

the side supports are poorly designed and very very very prone to slipping. in normal situation when the supports are secure, the crack should not have occured. did you tighten the supports adequately?
    the sidesupports were tightened correctly. It's the first time I cracked a racket on this machine. I should have strung some more than 50 or 60 on it.

Actually I think the crack is due to the new stringing pattern. because even when I started the crosses with the same tension as the mains (22lbs) the top of the head was deforming itself much more, as it is the case when I start the crosses from the bottom.
    But perhaps the racket was already too weak to withstand the tension.

I'm using a tennis clamp because my other badminton clamp has a very uneven surface on the inside.

Lets see what yonex is saying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Structural Failure

Baumbeer,

The crack has all the telltale sign of graphite failure. How many times have you strung this racquet?

Regards,

Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Baumbeer,

The crack has all the telltale sign of graphite failure. How many times have you strung this racquet?

Regards,

Pete
    Hi Pete,

I think I have strung it about 5-6 times. But to be sure I need to have a look at my notes at home.

As you can see the racket is a blue MP88 so it not that old. I've bought it 1 1/2 year ago.

Regards Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baumbaer
    Actually I think the crack is due to the new stringing pattern. because even when I started the crosses with the same tension as the mains (22lbs) the top of the head was deforming itself much more, as it is the case when I start the crosses from the bottom.
    What makes you think it is because of the new stringing pattern ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Don't you need to add another 2lb for cross?

2. Get at least 2 flying clamps, if ur original clamps can't get the work done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    1. Don't you need to add another 2lb for cross?

2. Get at least 2 flying clamps, if ur original clamps can't get the work done.
    I thought it was 2lbs less for cross since they are having to interweave through the mains and will thus get more tension

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SandeepD
    I thought it was 2lbs less for cross since they are having to interweave through the mains and will thus get more tension
    Oh no no no; it is 2 lbs more for crosses, otherwise the racket head will look like a circle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fast3r
    If you send it back and Yonex find a manufacture defect they will most likely send a replacement blue MP88, I know someone who got 2 old style red ones replaced with blue ones
    i think ur all misunderstood me

red or blue mp88 is just my general guide to estimate your mp88 age because at first u did not gave purchase date info. (some posters ask tough questions but give readers very little info to go on**) If u bot a new red mp88 from a legit store last week, u got a legit warranty. However, in baumbaer case, even if he got the latest blue mp88 but it was 1.5 years ago. Yonex warranty dont go that long. If some people do gotten replacement outside yonex warranty period (dependent on country and/or stores u bot it from) then he is lucky because the store or that yonex distributor overlooked the warranty period.

** as of now, key racket info still lacking, ie 4u or 3u?

a stringer gotta be aware of ALL techy parameters, u just cant throw a racket on a machine and start weaving and pull.
    Last edited by cooler; 11-09-2005 at 10:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imo, the pic showed that failure was due to inappropriate stringing methodology. If it was a factory defect, it would had failed on the first string job. As i've said before, one can still crack a new racket at 18-20 lbs if done inappropriately.

a stringer gotta be aware of ALL techy parameters, u just cant throw a racket onto a machine and start weaving and pull, feeling safe because a 'suggested' pattern is used. Expensive stringing machine can only back up a stringer for so far (also see twobeer experience) or worst because it give the stringer a false sense of confidence in his ability.
    Last edited by cooler; 11-09-2005 at 10:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler

** as of now, key racket info still lacking, ie 4u or 3u?

a stringer gotta be aware of ALL techy parameters, u just cant throw a racket on a machine and start weaving and pull.
    It's a 4u racket.

I've strung it several times before with 2 knots. Yonex suggested this new pattern though I thought it's save to use with ALL rackets. Perhaps I'm mistaken in this case, but it's true I'm no expert stringer.

Do you mean this new pattern is only save for new rackets (At700) and heavier ones <3u ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a 4u racket.

I've strung it several times before with 2 knots. Yonex suggested this new pattern though I thought it's save to use with ALL rackets. Perhaps I'm mistaken in this case, but it's true I'm no expert stringer.

Do you mean this new pattern is only save for new rackets (At700) and heavier ones <3u ?
    i never had used this suggested method before, even on my inaugural stringing day #1. Therefore, i dunno. Maybe taneepak knows a bit more know about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2