San Diego Badminton online shop or fraud??

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by pcoling, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcoling

pcoling Guest

This concerns a purchase on July 29,2005 which I made on a link from this badminton central website advertised shop called San Diego Badminton at www.badminton.net. Before I was only a guest here and from this site I got to know and made purchase at this website under Order No. 1776 with a value of US$158.37, email correspondents was send to and from me and a certain Mike Walker. After almost 2 months of waiting for my goods which arrive around 3rd week of September!! Mike Walker claimed that his goods were stock in the customs dept for 1 month which is why it was very late already.

The really bad thing is when I check my orders they were all in the wrong sizes. The shoes were undersize by 1 size and the shirts and shorts were oversize by 1 size also. The shoes I gave to my wife, luckily it fit her feet. The shoes and shorts Mr.Mike Walker promise me that he will change it when I ship back the wrong ones which I did send back and a confirmed acceptance from his staff Mr.David Ogatta on Oct.1 document was forwarded to me by the USPS post. After they received my goods...Mike Walker never replied to my email follow ups...not even once.

I want to know if this company SanDiego Badminton have also done this to any one else...I can't believe Mr.Walker will commit fraud for an amount around US$60. What for??? They got a great website which would mislead people to think they are a professional company but Buyers BEWARE!!!

I'm thinking of filing or reporting this incident to athe internet fraud organization so that Mr.Mike Walker and his company San Diego Badminton will be made liable for the fraudulent acts he has done to me and others.

Pls. comment if you happen to be a victim of this on line web shop also.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    www.badminton.net is a fairly reputable company to my knowledge. I think there's might be mis-communication somewhere in between. Instead of waiting for email, maybe place a direct phone call to them instead? :rolleyes:

3. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

I've dealt with them many times in the past and never had a problem. Quiet a few of other players here regularly do business with them with no troubles.

Have you tried calling them and talking to Mike directly? If not, before you bring in BBB, USPS inspectors, et al., you may want to talk to him and try to work things out between the two of you first.

Just a thought, FWIW.

4. keeprocking

keeprocking Regular Member

I agree with LazyBuddy. I recently (about 3 weeks back) bought a racquet from them. It was shipped on time and I recieved it on time including all the freebies. Maybe you can call them up or visit them (if its not too far) to resolve it quickly.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I feel sorry for you, as I know how u feel, if the clothes does not fit at all, after long waiting period.

However, 1 thing I want to know is, what do u mean by "wrong size"? Like SDBS sent the wrong size against the ones u ordered (i.e. u ordered US Size 10 but received US size 11 instead), or, u think the size "suppose to fit", but the reality is not?

No offense on this, as I am not taking any side. All I try to ask is, if it is the 2nd case, I don't think we can blaim SDBS, as we know, the asian lines have different sizes against the wester regions. Our daily shopping expereince in clothes sizes, might not be applied to the imported stuff. However, if it's 1st case, then, SDBS DOES own u an apology.

6. pcoling

pcoling Guest

San Diego Badminton Online shop or fraud?

Thanks for all your responses. SDBS sent me several emails and I repeatedly answer them that I'm a "large" if their shirt are asian size and a "medium" if their shirt are US size. So I think that is clear enough for them to understand but still the send me a "large" US size shirt. They also send me a Large size short when I specifically told them my waist line is only 3 inches. Also the shoes I told them I'm size 9 but they send me size 8.

Regarding the "no reponse" from the emails I send emails almost everyday to follow up if they ship out my correct size shirt and short but nothing. I also went to their website and click the "contact us" so the I'm sure they would recieve my message which their site confirmed as message successfully received but still nothing. I even use another email address to follow up the status but still nothing...as in nothing at all

I tried calling the telephone number posted on their website but after several rings it went dead and nobody ever answer.

USPS already confirmed and send me the document via email re the wrong shirt and shorts which was signed and received by David Ogatta last Oct.1 so I don't know whats' keeping them from sending the correct size short and shirt.

I'm not even after an apology from them all I wanted is for them to send me my replacement shirt and shorts and if they don't have the actual item then they could always credit back my money to my card. Thats also ok for me.

I would really apprecite it if somebaody can try contacting SDBS via their toll free number or just by regular email to help me regarding my order number 1776 and inform them that their company's reputation is already being discussed on Badminton Central. I don't think I should be the one to mention this matter to SDBS as I would seem like I'm threatening them or harassing them. But to get someone's money and not deliver the goods is equivalent to FRAUD....so as long as my matters are not settled...Future buers BEWARE!!

Pcoling

7. pcoling

pcoling Guest

San Diego Badminton Online shop or fraud?

Sorry for the typo but I meant 32 inches for my waistline

Pcoling

8. HoustonRockets

HoustonRockets Regular Member

We never had any problem with www.badminton.net
    Maybe he s the coach of our team. He s a smart business man, he always make his product price a slightly lower than others.....
    We love him!

#8 HoustonRockets, Nov 8, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2005
  9. HoustonRockets

HoustonRockets Regular Member

btw, I got all my badminton gears from www.badminton.net before I even joined his team. I am very satisfied with my shopping experience. Mike likes to give away little things to his customers. Like I purchased two yonex racquets from him. I got a free T shirt and a nice free racquet bag

10. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    Never had problems with badminton.net; Have made several purchases from him & it has always been on time & the right products. Seems to me like a mis-communication issue....

11. Javalina

Javalina Regular Member

student
    I have personally dealt with SDBS twice with purchases of two racquets and an racquet bag. So far the experience is pleasant the products were delivered on time and with the specification. I would call them and ask them about the order and their tele person is quite friendly. Good luck!

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok... I feel sorry for you.

Maybe keep trying with the phone#? I did not ordered anything from them before, but I did contact them several times, regarding to some product information. Never got the communication as u described, as their staff were quite helpful.

Best luck! :)

13. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

well my experiences with san diego badminton were nice for the most part.

bought my at800 of and cab30ms from them at separate times.. also 30 pack grap and bout 10 strings of various types.

the at800 off was no problem but the cab30ms was sent to the wrong address.... to my old address

yes between the armortec and carbonex purchase i moved apartments and i already updated my account to the new address before i order the carbonex..

but they send the carbonex to the old address

well lucky for me the new tenant on the old address didn't accept the package or else.... i wouldn't receive it at all and imagine if i come to UPS asking them where the hell is my package !!!!

i emailed mike that guy bout the incident but apparently no reply at all until now... which is already more than 1 year now....

i probably like his free t-shirt with the armortec purchase but well

this send-me-wrong-address thing got me mad because of the no-reply.....even after repeated inquiry email and phone....

other than that i would really buy from them again actually coz they have pretty complete selections of stuff compared to others here in north america area......
    regards....

14. xflubb

xflubb Regular Member

again...no problems with badminton.net...

15. mtnbf

mtnbf Regular Member

I would not recommend badminton.net. My personal experience wit them has not been satisfactory. They did not string the racket to the correct tension. I did not receive my free item in the shipment and they refused to answer all emails after the sale.

16. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Well, how about give them a call? that might help.

17. AMRaider

AMRaider Regular Member

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them. I have bought grips, string, and birdies (no clothing or racketss) from them in the past and never had any problems.

18. A_F

A_F Regular Member

Electronics MFG
    I have bought numerous items from San Diego Badminton Supply for probably 8 years at least. Never had any problems whatsoever.

19. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I would not recommend badminton.net because I also had a bad experience.

One problem is Mike Walker because he is telling me inconsistant information on a product which I was looking for which he was trying to locate for me on the phone. I took notes at the end of each call so when I called him up next time to follow up, it was slightly different story and when trying to review with him of what we spoke of last time, it's like he did not say that.

The other problem is with him failing to respond to emails - he only responded to two of my emails which is unacceptable. With these two problems, it is poor customer service and will not do business with a company with this kind of reputation.

Luckily I found a different store who found the product I was looking for and did business with them. I can say they responded fast and responded to all my emails.

#19 Matt, Mar 4, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  20. slam_w2k

slam_w2k Regular Member

Hard to buy stuff over the net

I brought from Mike over 10 years ago. He is nice to talk to, but he would recommand something may be he is overstocked. I guess you have to be very specific with him or you will received something that's not exactly what you think you are buying. I stopped buying from them and try to buy locally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.