User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sally,

My Lord, your are nut! (No disrespect here) How about a song of BADMINTON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sally,

Punch Gunalan is a malaysian and he was once a great badminton player in his old days. Most of all, he was the team manager who managed to help malaysia getting back the Thomas Cup in 1992.

Is it true that you are getting a post in IBF later?

Have a nice day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ibf

Well..there are plans but I won't announce anything until it becomes factual. I want to make sure there is something I can do. I'm not good with Politics so I really don't know how suitable I am for this type of thing.

Sally

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    I was trying to get a seat for the final, unfortunately, it was SOLD OUT!!!
    It was disappointing to see that the stadium eventually had empty seats that were not sold to fans. I know of a few more badminton fans that could not get seats for the final.
    Yes, my friend, you are a fellow Singaporean who queued just behind me when I was getting my tickets for the QF and SF but was told that the Finals tickets were all sold out. How disappointed I was then but luckily another BF'er who came all the way from Brisbane, managed to get a HK$90 ticket for me through an acquaintance he made at the QE Stadium itself.

As you probably know, I bought the cheaper tickets for both sessions of the QF and SF for a total sum of HK$100 and this, together with the cost of the Finals ticket, were relatively more expensive than less than S$20 for the season ticket for all matches we paid for the Aviva Singapore Open 2005.

Another point to note is that whereas the Singapore Open charged on a whole day basis, the HKO charged separately for the two sessions for each day. Maybe they should get more sponsors to bring the price down to enable more badminton fans to watch at least the earlier rounds, since the Finals were all taken up much earlier, in part due to company sponsorship for clients, quite a number of whom did not turn up, unfortunately!

As Sally has said, the QE Stadium is rather viewer friendly in that it is relatively small in size and capacity. Even the cheaper ticket seats are not too far different from the more expensive ones as everyone is quite close to the centre court. However, I suppose in trying to put in more seats into a small space, there is little room left for walking between seats and not a few spectators resorted to climbing over the railings to get out.

In comparison, our Singapore Indoor Stadium is more comfortable and can hold much bigger crowds. The Finals of the Aviva Open this year saw a record attendance of over 8,000. So it will not be too far-fetched to shift the venue to the larger (and more comfortable?) HK Coliseum one day as suggested by Sally.

But Sally, you are really a badminton fanatic and we are all proud of you and hope you will continue to enjoy being an ambassador for badminton to especially your 'famed' friends.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    Yes, my friend, you are a fellow Singaporean who queued just behind me when I was getting my tickets for the QF and SF but was told that the Finals tickets were all sold out. How disappointed I was then but luckily another BF'er who came all the way from Brisbane, managed to get a HK$90 ticket for me through an acquaintance he made at the QE Stadium itself.

As you probably know, I bought the cheaper tickets for both sessions of the QF and SF for a total sum of HK$100 and this, together with the cost of the Finals ticket, were relatively more expensive than less than S$20 for the season ticket for all matches we paid for the Aviva Singapore Open 2005.
    Yup...I was standing behind you and was in fact looking for you after I bought those tickets. Too bad, I could not find you! Wel, I am actually still an Indonesian citizen, but have been in Singapore since I was young. That's why I said that I am from Singapore too

Actually, the view from my seat is also good (HK$20). I could watch all the matches. The only disadvantage is that I have to walk all the way up and when I switched seats during the match, the stewards pointed out that those seats were HK$50, so, I had to go back to my own seats.

I was disappointed to see them charging tickets for separate sessions, even during the first few rounds. As far as I know, tickets for the Indonesia Open and probably Singapore Open were free to public up to the quarter-final stage. Then, you do have to pay for one session a day. Is that correct?

The television coverage in HK was disappointing as well because they only have like 2 hrs telecast at TVB Pearl during the semis and final. I had to go to Shenzhen to watch the Finals at GDTV. I know I can use pplive, but, for the final, I would rather watch the matches without any delay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GGsally
    Hello Red,

I appreciate that you understand my concern to justify the situation in this forum regarding your misunderstanding. I'm glad you realise that sometimes things can get very twisted out of proportion if you don't know the facts properly. The worst thing is that other people will believe what you write or say and it becomes harmful. This is how idle gossip gets started and it is very hurtful. I'm sure you didn't realise that, but I hope you do now.
    hi ms.yeh,

i guess i was so eager to express my feeling and anger without realizing the consequences. because of that, i m gonna make some adjustments for myself and i hope u understand. i m not that evil .

Anyways, good luck with everything and hope alot of goodness comes out of this for you. Since you are in HKG maybe we will meet on the courts one day. In that circumstance I'm sure I might be standing.
    if i get that chance. i will surely get down on my knees before u stand up.

best regards

red

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thank YOU Red!

i guess i was so eager to express my feeling and anger without realizing the consequences. because of that, i m gonna make some adjustments for myself and i hope u understand. i m not that evil .

if i get that chance. i will surely get down on my knees before u stand up.
    Hi Red,

I think you are a great person and it is the highest of character traits to show your strength as you have. Pls don't get up for me!! Just love and play badminton and let's all try to let others know why why why we love this sport so much! See you very soon!

Sally

BTW. How does everyone get that little quote box in the replies? I don't know how to do that la...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BTW. How does everyone get that little quote box in the replies? I don't know how to do that la...
    you just click the reply box which is found slightly to the right and below the post. The small box to the right of the 'edit'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or this link explains it, right at the bottom:

http://badmintonforum.com/vb/misc.php?do=bbcode

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    you just click the reply box which is found slightly to the right and below the post. The small box to the right of the 'edit'.
    OH good! It worked! THANKS! I just don't edit anything from the original text right?

Sally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH good! It worked! THANKS! I just don't edit anything from the original text right?

Sally

Hi Sally,
    I'm TC Ong from Malaysia. I'm a badminton fanatic too like u..
    i would be thinking of all the hits and shots to use in my next game at night prior to any game with my frens. Its difficult to get ppl to play nowadays.
    I'm surprise that u manage to talk Jacky into it!! How did u do it?
    Any advise that i can learn from u? Good Luck and All the best.

Btw: i also idolize u since i'm in my teen.

regards,
    TC Ong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    Hey, I recognise this girl from BF!
    wow they are pretty hot for badminton players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sally
    you can edit the text, but just have to keep the quote mark in [] i guess,try it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Growing Sport

[QUOTE=tc_ong]Hi Sally,
    I'm TC Ong from Malaysia.
    >> Badminton was and still is predominantly Asian for some reason. The English discovered the game. Since Tony and Howard it has gained much more reputation in US. What I see in GGBC is that alot of different nationalities are now getting started and once they get started they are quite hooked. It's great cos you don't need to get sun spots, can play in the rain, much more interaction, healthy and strategic than racquet ball, or squash hitting against a wall. Badminton is about outsmarting your opponent with speed and mental calculation so it benefits mind and body. Thats what I tell everyone and I literally bombard them till they get started. (Jacky Cheung) I might lose that friend a while from my pestering but they all come back after they love it! Ha ha.. It will take a few years to see the results cos they need to play a couple years to get better.

ONE THING, that is REALLY important is that you LEARN the basic FOOTWORK and fundamentals. I am clamoring ALL over for a program that local Clubs anc coaches can use rather than the only training program for National team Coaches and players that cannot benefit normal players not looking to go into the Olympics like us, or like me, start at 38! I see so many injuries which the worst is Tennis elbow! Oh GOD I have that which I cannot play for 3 months so I'm playing with my DARN LEFT ARM. Now I'm starting from SCRATCH after 6 years! I'm going to take serious lessons now but I want to make lessons interesting, SOOOO.. I'm working on that. Hope I can succeed with something. I will do alot of research and do my best. Until then, please just keep pushing. When your friend see what great shape you are in, they will wanna hop on our wagon!

Sally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=GGsally]
    Quote Originally Posted by tc_ong
    Hi Sally,
    I'm TC Ong from Malaysia.
    >> Badminton was and still is predominantly Asian for some reason. The English discovered the game. Since Tony and Howard it has gained much more reputation in US. What I see in GGBC is that alot of different nationalities are now getting started and once they get started they are quite hooked. It's great cos you don't need to get sun spots, can play in the rain, much more interaction, healthy and strategic than racquet ball, or squash hitting against a wall. Badminton is about outsmarting your opponent with speed and mental calculation so it benefits mind and body. Thats what I tell everyone and I literally bombard them till they get started. (Jacky Cheung) I might lose that friend a while from my pestering but they all come back after they love it! Ha ha.. It will take a few years to see the results cos they need to play a couple years to get better.

ONE THING, that is REALLY important is that you LEARN the basic FOOTWORK and fundamentals. I am clamoring ALL over for a program that local Clubs anc coaches can use rather than the only training program for National team Coaches and players that cannot benefit normal players not looking to go into the Olympics like us, or like me, start at 38! I see so many injuries which the worst is Tennis elbow! Oh GOD I have that which I cannot play for 3 months so I'm playing with my DARN LEFT ARM. Now I'm starting from SCRATCH after 6 years! I'm going to take serious lessons now but I want to make lessons interesting, SOOOO.. I'm working on that. Hope I can succeed with something. I will do alot of research and do my best. Until then, please just keep pushing. When your friend see what great shape you are in, they will wanna hop on our wagon!

Sally
    keep the /QUOTE mark in [] too ... sorry i wasn't clear with this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.........see so many injuries which the worst is Tennis elbow! Oh GOD I have that which I cannot play for 3 months so I'm playing with my DARN LEFT ARM.Sally....
    I recently see you in the entertainment news. Even the host mentioned that you are now very into badminton. The news showed you with an injured wrist! Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badminton was and still is predominantly Asian for some reason. The English discovered the game. Since Tony and Howard it has gained much more reputation in US. What I see in GGBC is that alot of different nationalities are now getting started and once they get started they are quite hooked. It's great cos you don't need to get sun spots, can play in the rain, much more interaction, healthy and strategic than racquet ball, or squash hitting against a wall. Badminton is about outsmarting your opponent with speed and mental calculation so it benefits mind and body. Thats what I tell everyone and I literally bombard them till they get started. (Jacky Cheung) I might lose that friend a while from my pestering but they all come back after they love it! Ha ha.. It will take a few years to see the results cos they need to play a couple years to get better.

Sally
    Hi Sally,

I'm a big badminton fan, just like you, that's why I'm here. But I also play squash fairly often. So from what I can tell, everything you say about badminton also applies to squash. To quote you - "about outsmarting your opponent with speed and mental calculation so it benefits mind and body". Please give squash a try. It's miuch more than just hitting the ball against the wall. You may find them equally fun.

BTW, at the age you mentioned, I think the worst injury is a ruptured achilles tendon, not tennis elbow. Ask Eric Tsang if you have a chance, he probably will tell you.

Hope to meet you on the court one day.

-dw

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast