User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Footwork.

[QUOTE=Pete LSD]Let us, the VRC morning crew, bring out the best in you when you visit Vancouver. You will shed footwork aversion in one night .

hehe.. not before you show up at GGBC for our tournament with VRC!! I'm having Julie arrange it for next year. Do you know Julie King? She only just started last year but she is very active and super crazy too. I'm not sure if she have injury by now though.

But MORNING?? I'm a night player! But I will practice, I will practice. I'm going to do as SOON as Lams concerts are over tonight is last night.

Sally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fifi told me about the tournament too . It will my pleasure to get slaughtered. I will ask Julie about the tournament when I see her next week.

Yes, we stay until 2:00 AM . I think you left pretty early (past midnight) the last time you were here.

[QUOTE=GGsally]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Let us, the VRC morning crew, bring out the best in you when you visit Vancouver. You will shed footwork aversion in one night .

hehe.. not before you show up at GGBC for our tournament with VRC!! I'm having Julie arrange it for next year. Do you know Julie King? She only just started last year but she is very active and super crazy too. I'm not sure if she have injury by now though.

But MORNING?? I'm a night player! But I will practice, I will practice. I'm going to do as SOON as Lams concerts are over tonight is last night.

Sally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=GGsally][QUOTE=manabu]
    Quote Originally Posted by GGsally

Oh Manabu you are sooo right! Twisting lizard! That's ME!! I'm going to use that now cos I couldn't describe how my body was going everywhere! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Yes my footwork is all ascew now. You have really inspired me cos now I know I CAN get to a new level! I will wait for that day VERY anxiously!

Thank you so much! I play at South China in Causeway Bay Tuesday nights 7-10 11th floor, Sunday 1p-3p 3rd floor and again from 5p-8p 11th floor.

Sally
    oh Sally, what a surprise! I seriously didnt expect you to reply so soon and most importantly exposing info about where you normally play.. (another one for you, click on the persons name in blue underlined and use the PM function )

Im not and never will be a popular figure in my life so I dont know how it feels but just worrying about the well known HK paparazzis would be there taking snaps of you when they see your post. You might want to edit your original post so that not many will know but again, just an opinion here.

Back to the lizand thingee , altho the footwork is HIGHLY DECEPTIVE. Make sure you dont play with somebody too advance or they will get annoyed which happened in my case .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Pete LSD]Dude, you should be awarded BF's most fanatical badder under injury. Your determination not to quit the game and to use your left side is just amazing. Do you look at life differently now that you can use left and right side?

Thats very modest of you Pete LSD, its just that my baddy group was constantly running out of people (just like Mah Jong ) so I was forced to be recruited.. Determination was needed even to hold on to a shuttle with my right hand in the first week..

To be honest with you, its kinda hard to explain... the most noticible thing is net kill, since my left arm was much weaker than my right, I turned myself into more of a control type of player at the net, aiming at weaknesses like the opponents body. I used to be more of a speed and power type of player, realising a lot of wasted opportunities of net kills were me driving outa bounds.

I also do a lot of cross court shots with my left hand, it felt abit SMOOTHER somehow.. anyways, end of the **** talks

just like any other injuires sustained, LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN
    Last edited by manabu; 11-18-2005 at 11:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Played at 2am!

Yes, we stay until 2:00 AM . I think you left pretty early (past midnight) the last time you were here.

HEY PETE!

You missed me when I played at 2am with Fi and Julie! I even went while I was doing my concert in Vancouver. Just eat my regular PIZZA before I play and I'm OK! BUT, I still used up all my energy and had no more left for my concert!

Sally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Never mind paprazzi

[QUOTE=manabu][QUOTE=GGsally][QUOTE=manabu]

I'ts OK Manabu. The press have taken photos of me there UMPTEEN Times. Lesley used to play there too. When the HKG games were going on, I was lucky enough to get Xie Zhong Bo to come and play with me when he arrived. There was press outside waiting and when we went to eat after they followed us but so fortunate for me, I hid behind a post during the whole meal so they were never able to get a photo of us together, otherwise they would write alot of innuendo which they did for Loletta when Xie played with us again another day. Actually there were 2 other people there during the dinner, Xie's doubles partner, Little Guo, and another friend of mine, as well as me on the opposing team against Loletta and Xie but they don't ever photograph everything, only what can make a false and juicy story. I don't mind if everyone wants to come play badminton with me. It's OK. Badminton is healthy. I'm not sniffiing cocaine or anything. If I can make one person interested enough to come watch me play and want to play themselves then WELCOME!

As for playing with good players, I FORCE them to play with me. Won't take NO for an answer. They have no choice. I whine!! Since my left arm, I can only use my credit once with each player per time I play now. Hee hee.e....But Xie was very nice. He was most generous. And BTW, he hit a bad shot and I got smacked in the head with a BIG SMASH. The next day I sang with quite a PURPLE golf ball on my forehead! Ha ha.. Xie blamed himself for the shot so I agreed!! These reckless World Champions.... haha...

With my left hand it is very sad though. People thought I actually play so badly!!

Sally
    Last edited by GGsally; 11-19-2005 at 12:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With my left hand it is very sad though. People thought I actually play so badly!!
    At least you can play... I think I'd end up killing myself (or my partner) with my racket if I tried to play left handed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Locomoco
    At least you can play... I think I'd end up killing myself (or my partner) with my racket if I tried to play left handed.
    Hey Loco, have you been a good boy and play at GGBC of late? I keep tabs so make sure you continue to go!! I hope to be able to play you when I get back soon!

Sally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So you left half an hour earlier than we did . Darn, I didn't play matches with or against you . See ya at GGBC next year .

Pizza is just like other junk food: instant energy for a very short period of time. Oh well, what can we do when time is short.

HEY PETE!

You missed me when I played at 2am with Fi and Julie! I even went while I was doing my concert in Vancouver. Just eat my regular PIZZA before I play and I'm OK! BUT, I still used up all my energy and had no more left for my concert!

Sally
    Last edited by Pete LSD; 11-19-2005 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sorry to interrrupt your reply to Manabu. But I am just so envious . It's always a pleasure to get smacked by the pros .

[QUOTE=GGsally][QUOTE=manabu][QUOTE=GGsally]
    Quote Originally Posted by manabu

I'ts OK Manabu. The press have taken photos of me there UMPTEEN Times. Lesley used to play there too. When the HKG games were going on, I was lucky enough to get Xie Zhong Bo to come and play with me when he arrived. There was press outside waiting and when we went to eat after they followed us but so fortunate for me, I hid behind a post during the whole meal so they were never able to get a photo of us together, otherwise they would write alot of innuendo which they did for Loletta when Xie played with us again another day. Actually there were 2 other people there during the dinner, Xie's doubles partner, Little Guo, and another friend of mine, as well as me on the opposing team against Loletta and Xie but they don't ever photograph everything, only what can make a false and juicy story. I don't mind if everyone wants to come play badminton with me. It's OK. Badminton is healthy. I'm not sniffiing cocaine or anything. If I can make one person interested enough to come watch me play and want to play themselves then WELCOME!

As for playing with good players, I FORCE them to play with me. Won't take NO for an answer. They have no choice. I whine!! Since my left arm, I can only use my credit once with each player per time I play now. Hee hee.e....But Xie was very nice. He was most generous. And BTW, he hit a bad shot and I got smacked in the head with a BIG SMASH. The next day I sang with quite a PURPLE golf ball on my forehead! Ha ha.. Xie blamed himself for the shot so I agreed!! These reckless World Champions.... haha...

Sally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

oh Sally, that mustve hurt so bad and if the pain still persists, I suggest you go to see the doc for an xray scan.

Im sure Xie has reserved some energy in the smash already, it could have been a crater at the back of your head.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Sorry to interrrupt your reply to Manabu. But I am just so envious . It's always a pleasure to get smacked by the pros .
    Speak for yourself Pete. I'd rather return the shots back with interest
    I'm not sniffiing cocaine or anything.
    You mean like a certain supermodel? Badminton is healthier by miles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manabu
    lol

oh Sally, that mustve hurt so bad and if the pain still persists, I suggest you go to see the doc for an xray scan.

Im sure Xie has reserved some energy in the smash already, it could have been a crater at the back of your head.
    Oh Xie didn't hit me, he played with me against our A players in South China. If Xie hit me I'd be in the hospital! Xie hit a high right corner court, then the guy hit a cross court smash. I didn't expect him to smash from so far back. I'm just skittling about the front like a frantic crab. I should have held up racquet but my left hand is so unco-ordinated I don't know WHAT I"m doing. So I got smacked! I'm just kidding that it's his fault hee hee... of course I'm the one that should get OUT of the way. I've noticed the great players always blame themselves if the OPPONENT hits a bad shot. They blame themselve for FEEDING a bad shot, so that the opponent returns a good shot that cannot be defended. So Xie said he hit a bad shot to them that's why they got the angle to smack my way... Mike says the same thing. I hope I can get the skill to hit good enough that opponent can't return shot so well!

BTW Bay Area open is on in SFO 19-20. Mike Yang and Jinsong is playing there and I'm nervous. Hope they WIN!

Sally

Sally
    Last edited by GGsally; 11-19-2005 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh Xie didn't hit me, he played with me against our A players in South China. If Xie hit me I'd be in the hospital! Xie hit a high right corner court, then the guy hit a cross court smash. I didn't expect him to smash from so far back. I'm just skittling about the front like a frantic crab. I should have held up racquet but my left hand is so unco-ordinated I don't know WHAT I"m doing. So I got smacked! I'm just kidding that it's his fault hee hee... of course I'm the one that should get OUT of the way. I've noticed the great players always blame themselves if the OPPONENT hits a bad shot. They blame themselve for FEEDING a bad shot, so that the opponent returns a good shot that cannot be defended. So Xie said he hit a bad shot to them that's why they got the angle to smack my way... Mike says the same thing. I hope I can get the skill to hit good enough that opponent can't return shot so well!
    oh ic, you took Xie down to SCAA. Didn't he complain about his knees hurting afterwars from the hard floor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Didn't complain

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    oh ic, you took Xie down to SCAA. Didn't he complain about his knees hurting afterwars from the hard floor?
    He is a very polite and good kid. He didn't complain about anything. The place is so awful but I have no choice! That's where all my ball buddies are.

Sally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Now now . . . Getting hit by a pro is educational to say the least .

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    Speak for yourself Pete. I'd rather return the shots back with interest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sally, you are very brave as a net player. Did Xie give you hints about intercepting incoming arrows near the net ?

I didn't expect him to smash from so far back. I'm just skittling about the front like a frantic crab. I should have held up racquet but my left hand is so unco-ordinated I don't know WHAT I"m doing. So I got smacked!
    Sally

Sally

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast