Ye Zhaoying ( 叶钊颖 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by accent, Mar 12, 2002.

1. accent

accent Guest

I'm wondering if Ye Zhaoying is still playing for China. Didn't hear about her for quite some times. I think when at her best, she's the best woman single player in the world ever! Agree? Also how are the stastistics between her matches against Camilla Martin, and against Gong Zhichao? Thank you

2. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Re: Ye Zhaoying

Oh you are looking for the best woman - that has to be Susi Susante - I think she would make mincemeat of all of them...

3. marshall

marshall Regular Member

Computer Security Manager

Susi always made it look easy, and her movement about the court was incredibly efficient.

4. viver

viver Regular Member

Susi is much more consistent on tournaments. Not necessarly technically better.

5. ray

ray Guest

agree, susi susanti is better than ye zhaoying.
    for chinese player, i think li lingwei is better than ye.

6. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer

Yes agreed!

Ye ZhaoYing is very similar to Zhao Jianhua in technical ability relative to the female players that is. On her day, she is unmatched, she has ever beaten Susi in straight sets under 5 points each before. Not once, but 2 or 3 times. Which shows what she is capable of.

However, she lacks consistency probably because she was beset with some personal problems throughout much of her career.

Likewise for Zhao, Morten Frost and Ardy Wiranata both have ever admitted publicly to the press that on 'his' day, Zhao is simply untouchable.

However, Yang Yang was a lot more successful as he was more consistent though I don't think a head-on clash with both players on top of their game will see Yang Yang emerge the winner.

7. viver

viver Regular Member

I consider Ye Zhaoying one of the best female players that appeared lately. Don't heard about personal problems but mostly about her mental strenght. From the games I watched between her and Susi, it's Ye who usually makes the unforced errors. Technically I consider Ye better. After she learned to play more patiently, she was able to beat Susi. Similar story between Han AiPing and Li Ling Wei. I like Han's style but she loses to Li on tournaments. But heard that during practice, Han won most of the times.

8. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    for me i prefer ye zhaoying... i prefer her attacking style compared to susi's long rallies game... i also prefer huang hua's game... btw, where is huang hua now? any news?

9. suhendra

suhendra New Member

huang hua now lives with her husband in indonesia

10. seawell

seawell Regular Member

Former world champion Ye zhaoying played billiard in a reality show.She is so great,run a marathon and climbed a 7,500 meters mountain.Himalayas is her next objective.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5GMLOfi57w

11. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    She is quite good in pool. I remember she play golf also. I'm surprised that she can run marathon mainly because of her size.

12. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

13. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    https://www.scmp.com/sport/china/ar...zhaoying-claims-she-was-ordered-throw-olympic
    It looks like fresh news to me, I see this everywhere in the online newspapers.

14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Just read the news that Ye ZhaoYing was forced to lose that Semifinal in Sydney2000 on Purpose as not to tire GongZhicao and now she lives in exile with her name removed in Baidu Weibo etc.

was given only 13,900 Euros which is A chump sum in todays money for once in a lifetime opportunity.

the only though was to ensure the country’s success, the Olympics is the most important for China’. She will be considered a traitor if she beats Gong and Lost to Camilla in that Final.

hope these things never happen again. The allegations took badminton world by storm.

#14 Yoji, Aug 28, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  15. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

A harsh reality in China.

When you succeed you have all good things, when you lose, lose everything.

16. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

China is forever control people's destiny, if they want a player to win, a player has to win; if they want a player to lose, a player has to lose...

17. Bao Tran

Bao Tran Regular Member

I wonder if the same happened with HBJ vs CYF in the Semi of the Olympic.
    CYF had a much better chance of beating TTY compared to HBJ.

18. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

I hope they would never do it to the two mixed doubles pairs. It would really sucks if they did.

19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah , i asked my chn friend , you have to bow to the system (GV). Its not you that earned the gold, but the GV are the one that give it to you. Government can give to you , also can take it away from you.

For example, 90% likes MaYun in the past (Alibaba owner) but now 70% people in CHN hates him.

20. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yes its very hard to say. imo Ye and Gong is much closure in stature compared to He and Chen. Ye is already 2x World Champ (not played every year) while Gong happens to be WR1 at that time but she was beaten against Ye in WC final. So it must be really really close, its not like Chen and He so obviously i hope that doesnt happen in CYF and HBJ case but people will just speculate while the XD2020 met in Olympic Final which is you can give it your all since the winner will still be CHN.