Yonex racquet prices in UK

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by SandeepD, Nov 10, 2005.

1. SandeepD

SandeepD Regular Member

Sorry if this topic has come up before - I did several searches but couldn't find anything relevant. If you know of former threads about this then please direct me to them.

I just wanted to ask some of the UK people on this forum how Yonex racquets tend to change in cost over time (in the UK). I've only recently bought my first one, and so I can't tell what prices were for these same racquets in the past.

Do you tend to see much decrease year-on-year, with the high end models coming in at £130-£150 and the older models decreasing gradually? Or has Yonex been maintaining the racquet prices and just giving newer high-end models an ever-increasing high price at launch?

Just curious about how things have gone over the last few years in this regard.

2. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Well, I remember the Ti-10 about 5 years ago was £100, and it was the most expensive Yonex racket, then the MP100 came out at the same price I think.

But recently, they've been getting higher and higher.

I think the Armotec 800 broke through the £100 barrier, then it's been steadily increasing to the ridiculously price for a Nanospeed 8000.

Back in the late 1980s, the Carbonex 20 was £100. To think that the Ti-10 still only cost a £100 more than 10 years later, taking into account a steady decrease in the value of the pound, the real price had been coming down.

I guess at the end of the day, Yonex will charge what people are willing to pay, and people in the UK are willing to fork out over £130 for a NS8K.

Whether that's good value or not is probably subjective.

3. SandeepD

SandeepD Regular Member

I thought something like this might be happening. I have a feeling the prices of racquets will be sustained over the next few years - unless of course there was some sort of true technological breakthrough which signficantly supersedes the racquets of today.

I'm mainly curious because of the prospect of my expensive Yonex racquet breaking. If that should happen and prices aren't going to decline, I won't be getting another AT800. Hopefully I can manage to make use of this for 4 years like my old one :D

4. other

other Regular Member

Student
    more than 4 years hopefully:D