User Tag List

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default well...

Gade could be the champion he got the gutts... and whe only top player who ever make lin dan and taufik fought till the end... high skill, speed, power,

and for MD i'll go for all indonesian final...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S4dMadMan, I agreeeeeee with you 100% Add more and more oil Chen Jin... Beat your roommate Chen Jin!!!!! The pic shows Bao and Chen's room
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

waiting for Peter Gade to make a comeback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I support Peter Gade.
    Long time he didn't get any title .....
    Hope he can come back~!

"Tai Xi Heng Fan Lei La!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone know what time semi's are?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MusclePower100
    The website says they start at 6PM of all times! That 6PM starting time seems to be geared toward ticket sales purposes so there is no guarantee that matches will actually start then. At least I hope that's the case because...
    Guangdong Sports says they'll show 4h of coverage from 18:55 Beijing time (GMT +8h) and CCTV says they'll start at 19:00 and run until 23:00. I don't see anything that shows the order of matches. As of now, neither the "live-scoring" site nor the tournament site, nor BAM have the results from last night's INA:KOR women's doubles match, let alone a lineup of tonight's matches.

What I'm concerned about is that they'll only show the all-Chinese yawners on TV. In other words, no men's doubles (which is always the fastest and most exciting) and, even worse, what are the chances you'll have anything but a blowout in the Chen/Bao match or the Xie/Wang match? If they turn out to be competitive, I'll happily eat my words. I'm begging to be proven wrong.
    Last edited by event; 11-11-2005 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MusclePower100
    Yes please, inquiring minds want to know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nugroho
    Gade could be the champion he got the gutts... and whe only top player who ever make lin dan and taufik fought till the end... high skill, speed, power,

and for MD i'll go for all indonesian final...
    That's a kind of step on your own tail question. "the only top player"? Do Lin Dan and Taufik count?

In fact, Bao Chunlai is more suitable to have that title. Look at the records:

Lin Dan vs Gade: 8:1
    Bao CL vs Taufik 4:2
    Bao CL vs Gade 3:2
    Lin Dan vs Bao 9:4
    Gade vs Taufik 7:5
    Obviously Bao CL is definitely not the weakest link among them. Just from their head-to-head records, except Lin Dan is exceptional the best, Bao CL is definitely the 2nd best. Bao only has a losing record against Lin Dan, but holds winning records against both Taufik and Gade.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents
    That's a kind of step on your own tail question. "the only top player"? Do Lin Dan and Taufik count?

Obviously Bao CL is definitely not the weakest link among them. Just from their head-to-head records, except Lin Dan is exceptional the best, Bao CL is definitely the 2nd best. Bao only has a losing record against Lin Dan, but holds winning records against both Taufik and Gade.
    Well, scratch the surface of that record - Lin Dan vs Bao 9:4 - and you find that 3 of Bao's wins were 2001 or earlier. He's beaten Lin once since the end of 2001, Lin won the other 8 from 2003-2005 (IBF says 9:4 but only shows 8 wins by Lin) and of those 8 times, Bao only took it to 3 games twice. Lin may have beaten Gade the last 8 times, but 5 of those 8 took Lin 3 games to win. That seems to be what Nugroho was referring to. Bao is also the only one of the four you mention who has a losing record against Chen Hong(2:5). Gade is 7:1, Taufik 7:1 and Lin is 4:3 against Chen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very agreed with you!!! I have no doubt with Bao CL's skill, he just need to accelerate his speed and adjust his mentality then he can beat any of his opppnents! Bao CL go go go...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by event
    Well, scratch the surface of that record - Lin Dan vs Bao 9:4 - and you find that 3 of Bao's wins were 2001 or earlier. He's beaten Lin once since the end of 2001, Lin won the other 8 from 2003-2005 (IBF says 9:4 but only shows 8 wins by Lin) and of those 8 times, Bao only took it to 3 games twice. Lin may have beaten Gade the last 8 times, but 5 of those 8 took Lin 3 games to win. That seems to be what Nugroho was referring to. Bao is also the only one of the four you mention who has a losing record against Chen Hong(2:5). Gade is 7:1, Taufik 7:1 and Lin is 4:3 against Chen.
    Found some double standards. You mentioned Bao's wins against Lin in early days, mostly it's true. But same things happened to Bao vs Chen Hong also. Bao lost consecutively to Chen in early days, but not now. Some important wins are not recorded by IBF also. Most recently in 15th of October, less than 1 month ago, Bao defeated Chen convincingly (2:0) in the China National Games semifinal. I witnessed that, and cannot find this record in the IBF database, then a week ago, Bao did beat Chen Hong again at Hong Kong open quarter finals. Bao beats Chen Hong back 2 back, againa and again just now! and 50% of the winning records not in the IBF database. Anyway, I agree with you that Bao is not that strong against other Chinese players, but I have to insist that Bao is not that weak against Gade and Taufik. You have not made me not believe the following data yet:

Lin Dan bt Gade: 8:1
    Bao CL bt Taufik 4:2
    Bao CL bt Gade 3:2
    Lin Dan bt Bao 9:4
    Gade bt Taufik 7:5

these are all IBF official head-to-head records click here for more
    Last edited by 2cents; 11-11-2005 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found some double standards. You mentioned Bao's wins against Lin in early days, mostly it's true. But same things happened to Bao vs Chen Hong also. Bao lost consecutively to Chen in early days, but not now. Some important wins are not recorded by IBF also. Most recently in 15th of October, less than 1 month ago, Bao defeated Chen convincingly (2:0) in the China National Games semifinal. I witnessed that, and cannot find this record in the IBF database, then a week ago, Bao did beat Chen Hong again at Hong Kong open quarter finals. Bao beats Chen Hong back 2 back, againa and again just now! and 50% of the winning records not in the IBF database. Anyway, I agree with you that Bao is not that strong against other Chinese players, but I have to insist that Bao is not that weak against Gade and Taufik. You have not made me not believe the following data yet:

Lin Dan bt Gade: 8:1
    Bao CL bt Taufik 4:2
    Bao CL bt Gade 3:2
    Lin Dan bt Bao 9:4
    Gade bt Taufik 7:5
    Lee Chong Wei is weak against LD and Taufik
    LD is weak against Taufik
    Taufik is weak against Bao
    Bao is weak against Lee Chong Wei
    Last edited by tutu_h; 11-11-2005 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tutu_h
    Lee Chong Wei is weak against LD and Taufik
    LD is weak against Taufik
    Taufik is weak against Bao
    Bao is weak against Lee Chong Wei
    Well, this is never ending link chain, so that's why we have a ranking system. Overall, you are absolutely right, at least according to IBF, who are not supposed smart enough anyway. Lee Chong Wei is the 2nd, just after Lin Dan, and Bao is not that bad, currently, Bao is just the 3rd. Taufic and Gade are following by several positions, even this year, could be count as the best year for Taufic now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bao lost consecutively to Chen in early days, but not now.
    Actually, Chen has beaten Bao twice in the past year.
    Some important wins are not recorded by IBF also. Most recently in 15th of October, less than 1 month ago, Bao defeated Chen convincingly (2:0) in the China National Games semifinal.
    I didn't know that. Interesting.
    a week ago, Bao did beat Chen Hong again at Hong Kong open quarter finals. Bao beats Chen Hong back 2 back, againa and again just now! and 50% of the winning records not in the IBF database...
    Actually, the 2005 Hong Kong Open win is factored into the IBF stats. Check the link I provided.
    I have to insist that Bao is not that weak against Gade and Taufik.
    Point conceded.
    these are all IBF official head-to-head records
    Yes, I know. I provided links in my posting. Actually, IBF only shows Lin 8:4 against Bao(it says 9:4 but the list has only 8 wins by Lin. As you say, though, some could be missing) and Bao 2:1 against Gade though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

both CH and bao use similar racket.
    i still think ns8k doesnt suits bao's style of play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match times?

Anyone know what time the first semi-final match starts on GDTV?

Please post the match times, please.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

19 pm for the cctv5 and 18 pm for GDTV that is 2 am and 3 am pacific time in the morning

guess i am goin 2 miss the semi-final match

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast