User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 25
  1. #1
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default China Superstars dine at HK Restaurant

    One evening during the Hong Kong Open, probably just before the second session of the quarter finals, I rushed to a nearby restaurant to have a bowl of wanton noodles.

    When I entered, I was pleasantly surprised to see some of China's badminton superstars dining at a table near the door. My favourite was there too, but I decided not to disturb them and settled down to another table nearby. Coincidently, the TV news were relaying excerpts of the first session of the HKO QF and this excited and encouraged some fans who then identified the stars in the restaurant.

    Without hesitation, they hastily made their narrow and circuitous way to the first table and brandished their autograph books and pens. Our superstars obliged willingly and were also game enough to take pictures with them. Every fan was happy!

    I did not join in but was quite happy to record the unique occasion with my camera. Here's what I've captured:
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by Loh; 11-12-2005 at 04:08 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i had my dinner in this restaurant on the day of SF...for QF, i went to another restaurant..
    OMG..how bad luck i was

  3. #3
    Regular Member red00ecstrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong S.A.R. China
    Posts
    1,985
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    cheung and i had been there 2. we had seen a numbers of chinese players there as well!

  4. #4
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat
    cheung and i had been there 2. we had seen a numbers of chinese players there as well!
    Now that you said so, I missed Cheung with whom I've tried in vain to get in touch. Chan Kong told me he has met up with you, but I also missed you as I only reached HK on QF day. Chan, who stays in Brisbane, came down to Singapore last year for the Aviva Open, thus I was keen to meet him in HK just to reciprocate.

    However, not all is lost for Chan and I met up with taneepak to play badminton with his wife and many other lady players at their club in the New Territories.

    On hindsight, I think our Hong Kong BF'ers missed the opportunity of getting all HK BC.com members for a fun gathering of social badminton! Maybe next time?

  5. #5
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,280
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yingcheng
    i had my dinner in this restaurant on the day of SF...for QF, i went to another restaurant..
    OMG..how bad luck i was
    Sorry for the tough luck Ying, maybe next time.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,469
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    However, not all is lost for Chan and I met up with taneepak to play badminton with his wife and many other lady players at their club in the New Territories.

    On hindsight, I think our Hong Kong BF'ers missed the opportunity of getting all HK BC.com members for a fun gathering of social badminton! Maybe next time?
    I met a Singaporean when I was buying the ticket for the QF match. Are you that person?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,224
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    cannot imagine those superstars can sit and eat in such a shoddy restaurant

  8. #8
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,280
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents
    cannot imagine those superstars can sit and eat in such a shoddy restaurant
    Why not? If the food is good...

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents
    cannot imagine those superstars can sit and eat in such a shoddy restaurant
    haha..my frd even saw yang & zhang buying curry fishball in the small food stall..& they told the reporter that it taste really gd!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S4MadMan
    Sorry for the tough luck Ying, maybe next time.
    u make me jealous!!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,224
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S4MadMan
    Why not? If the food is good...
    I thought they must eat something after strict examination of nutritionists and doctors also, preventing unexpected diarrhea, infectious diseases, and inappropriate calories (poor or high energy stuff).

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,224
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents
    I thought they must eat something after strict examination of nutritionists and doctors also, preventing unexpected diarrhea, infectious diseases, and inappropriate calories (poor or high energy stuff).
    forgot mentioning possible poisoning and doping which happens not uncommon in sports

  13. #13
    Regular Member red00ecstrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong S.A.R. China
    Posts
    1,985
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    Now that you said so, I missed Cheung with whom I've tried in vain to get in touch. Chan Kong told me he has met up with you, but I also missed you as I only reached HK on QF day. Chan, who stays in Brisbane, came down to Singapore last year for the Aviva Open, thus I was keen to meet him in HK just to reciprocate.

    However, not all is lost for Chan and I met up with taneepak to play badminton with his wife and many other lady players at their club in the New Territories.

    On hindsight, I think our Hong Kong BF'ers missed the opportunity of getting all HK BC.com members for a fun gathering of social badminton! Maybe next time?
    yes i'd met kong for a couple of times at the qe stadium. but saddly we've never got a chance to play a game.
    loh, u should have given cheung a shout! he's in fact on the court somewhere for getting some nice action shots. did u see him there?
    a fun gathering of social badminton for all hk bc.com members would be great!
    let's make it happen next year!
    Last edited by red00ecstrat; 11-12-2005 at 10:30 AM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Johor, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,254
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    who is that in the first pic... beside zhang jun

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    san francisco ca
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents
    I thought they must eat something after strict examination of nutritionists and doctors also, preventing unexpected diarrhea, infectious diseases, and inappropriate calories (poor or high energy stuff).
    not exactly ....i remember during the WC05 ..me and my friend met player from Singapor and Japan at local chinese fast food resturant . even the food was sucks and oilly . coz there weren't much choices for asian players . just like some euro players ate at Denny's

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    san francisco ca
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeyet
    who is that in the first pic... beside zhang jun
    i believe the one sat next to zhang jun is zhao ting ting ..fu haifeng ..zhang ning

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,651
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wonder how the Chinese players found this restaurant. Must be a famous one with lot of history. Where is it? I want to try it when I go back to Hong Kong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. indoesian style restaurant - K-w area ON, Canada
    By Double_Player in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 0
    : 03-02-2010, 11:42 PM
  2. 2008 China Open Final Videos + Retirement Ceremony of China Players
    By modious in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 68
    : 12-14-2008, 08:37 PM
  3. Official China Website of the China Masters 07
    By ants in forum Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philippines Open 2007
    Replies: 0
    : 06-22-2007, 02:49 PM
  4. Malaysia-China friendlies: Xuanze to lead strong China team
    By whizkelv in forum 2003 Tournaments
    Replies: 20
    : 11-17-2003, 07:50 PM
  5. China Open Final 8:China vs Denmark!
    By SmartCivet in forum Hong Kong / Chinese Taipei / China Open 2003
    Replies: 1
    : 11-13-2003, 06:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •