User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the trophies are interesting but i suggest leaving out the cheerleaders next time. we don't have to americanize all sporting events in the world. i'm pretty sick of the american culture invasion already.

wang yihan seemed to have beefed up since the last junior
    tournament. she was pretty skinny then.

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents
    bao chunlai: 1.90 m or 1.87 m (different sources)
    xie xingfang: 1.78 m
    li yongbo: 1.77 m
    zhang ning: 1.75 m
    gong ruina: 1.73 m
    chen qiqiu: 1.72 m
    are u certain? li yongbo is quite short. in one picture i saw, he was standing next to ZN, and he was at least half a head shorter, if not more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hezudao
    the trophies are interesting but i suggest leaving out the cheerleaders next time. we don't have to americanize all sporting events in the world. i'm pretty sick of the american culture invasion already.

wang yihan seemed to have beefed up since the last junior
    tournament. she was pretty skinny then.

are u certain? li yongbo is quite short. in one picture i saw, he was standing next to ZN, and he was at least half a head shorter, if not more.
    Quite a cynical and offensive post you have there. Think before you post next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats wong choong hann doing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bao is 190 cm. I'm 187 and he's quite a bit taller than me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the trophies are interesting, what did Gong Ruina and Chen QQ recieve anyways? they looked cool though. About the cheerleaders when i first saw this at the WC i was shocked...and now here i mean personally im not a big fan of this and it does seem like americanization in a way. Other than that they are some great pictures, thanks for posting them yannie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smash_master
    I agree that the trophies are interesting, what did Gong Ruina and Chen QQ recieve anyways? they looked cool though. About the cheerleaders when i first saw this at the WC i was shocked...and now here i mean personally im not a big fan of this and it does seem like americanization in a way. Other than that they are some great pictures, thanks for posting them yannie.
    i am not a fan of that cheerleaders either, maybe i am too old for this...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No, he isn't. For one, the guy in the picture is a Guangzhou Lo. Second, Kwun's child is a couple of months old. Third, Kwun's child is male.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong

long lost erm.. . *UNCLE* maybe...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was shocked and surpirised... very short skirts chearleaders, it's worse than cheerleaders in wc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trance
    Quite a cynical and offensive post you have there. Think before you post next time.
    woah, didn't quite anticipate an angry response. maybe i was too brief as to apperar curt and impolite. I apologize if my comments offended you, it was not my intention. however i still stand by them.

i don't know which part of my post you deemed offensive. but i guess it would be the aspect regarding the cheerleaders and american culture. first off, I did not use any foul language in my post describing the cheerleaders/dancers or american sporting culture. secondly, neither did I personally degrade the ladies as human beings or ridicule their occupation. i believe they have a job to do and they do honest work to make a living. as a matter of fact, i respect them for that.

what i don't agree with is the sexing up of sports, be it in tennis or badminton. as a die hard tennis fan in the traditionalist model, I am quite unhappy with the WTA's aggressive promotion of glamor and *** appeal in its advertising campaign.

the day wimbledon, the most prestigious tennis tournament in the world decides to let skimpy cheerleaders run around the court is the day I would be a very sad person. but i digress... anyhow, what i like to see is a brief chinese ochestra performance instead for on court entertainment, although that is probably unrealistic.

as for my comments about the american culture, I have no wish to condemn any culture or people from other parts in the world. Imho, there is no 'good' or 'bad' culture. an individual just feels more comfortable in one than the other. besides, there are always thoings to learn and appreciate from a foreign culture. what I'm against is the domination of a foreign culture in place of a local one.

certainly, I don't hate the american people, there is enough anti-americanism in this world currently already.

and perhaps I was being a little harsh when i used the word 'sick' in my description. maybe 'tired of' would be more politically correct.

once again, i'm sorry if i offended anyone here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smash_master
    according to a chinese report, Gong and Chen recieved special awards for contribution to the national badminton team. but i'm not certain, have to double check.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong
    Negative Ghost Rider.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    No, he isn't. For one, the guy in the picture is a Guangzhou Lo. Second, Kwun's child is a couple of months old. Third, Kwun's child is male.
    >> Third, Kwun's child is male.

So if Kwun's baby is female, then he could watch China Open in GuongChou?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun

long lost erm.. . *UNCLE* maybe...
    I knew that guy was not you because he didn't have any badminton racquets or Nikon N70 in his hands.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I'm against is the domination of a foreign culture in place of a local one.
    I am on the other side this time. I don't think introduce cheerleading dance will be as serious as "domination of a foreign culture".

Of course, badminton itself is a sport, but with some bonus of entertainment is nothing wrong. Many ppl claims badminton is rather boring than a lot of other sports, if some music and dance can make it more TV-friendly, why not? If this can help to promote this sport, why not? If this can get rid of the image of "backyard sport" or "nerd sport", why not?

Sure, the entertainment should just stay as a "supporting cast", as us sports fans should still focus on the sport 1st. However, I don't mind to get a bit entertainment going, especially during the break of a very tight heart beating match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Love Picture Number 8
    Attached Images Attached Images                  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast