Vote For Tony & Howard!!!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by USAer, Nov 15, 2005.

1. USAer

USAer Regular Member

The Los Angeles Sports Council (they're the ones coordinating the bid for the 2016 Olympic Games) is hosting a televised awards presentation entitled GREATEST SPORTS MOMENTS OF 2005 on Dec. 11, 2005. Tony Gunawan and Howard Bach have been nominated under the Olympic Sports category for their historic win at the International Badminton Federation World Championships in Anaheim, California. Please support Tony, Howard and US badminton by logging on to www.lasports.org and voting!!! Here's how -

1) Log on to www.lasports.org, click on GREATEST MOMENTS VOTING.

2) Fill out registration page, must be at least 13 years of age.

3) Click on OLYMPIC SPORTS VOTE and vote.

4) Other categories also available for you to vote.

PRESS RELEASE - Vote for the Greatest Sports Moments of 2005

The Los Angeles Sports Council is asking fans to help select the greatest moments in sports for 2005 in the Los Angeles/Orange County area. Through balloting on this web site, you can cast your vote for the top moment in any or all of 16 award categories.

The nominated moments were provided by each specific team, university or association, and are limited to three to five moments each. Nominations in each category are listed in chronological order. Winners will be provided with awards specially created by Tiffany & Co. for this occasion.

To vote, click on the Greatest Moments icon. Voting will conclude on December 5.

Then tune in to KCAL-9 on Sunday, December 11 at 8 p.m. for a special, live 90-minute televised awards presentation as all the winners are revealed, including the overall "Greatest Moment of the Year." The star studded show, hosted by Hall of Fame announcer and "Voice of the Kings," Bob Miller, will take place at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel in Century City.

A blue-ribbon media panel will rank the overall top 10 moments of the year and will select the Sportsman, Sportswoman and Sports Executive of the year. If necessary, the panel also will be able to overrule the on-line voting results if any extraordinary moments occur after balloting begins.

Due to the cancellation of the 2004-05 NHL season, the Kings and Ducks were not asked to submit nominations but will be recognized during the awards show.

The concept of a moment is loosely defined. It can be a specific instant in time (such as a winning goal, hit or shot), an individual or team milestone, an upset victory or a career achievement. Nominated moments must have taken place in the local area, or have involved a local athlete or team.

Special thanks for their outstanding support to each of our local teams and universities and to the California Speedway, the Grand Prix Association of Long Beach, Hollywood Park, Santa Anita, the Southern California Golf Association and the Southern California Tennis Association.

2. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

just did my part

I'm from Canada and I voted. Ppl from outside the states can vote too. Please vote for badminton and tell your badminton friends to vote for badminton (even if they don't speak english!!)

#2 Eurasian =--(O), Nov 15, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  3. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

CMON CMON pple!!!!! This is a good chance for badminton to have some spotlight in the US!!!! Once AMericans start noticing how awesome badminton is, bdminton is sure fluorish around the globe, and become a world-wide sport!!!

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    did it 2 days ago :D

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I put my vote in..

At least they get som non-US votes :p

/Twobeer

6. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT
    Yes

Chalk up another non-US vote.

7. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

they won................................... :eek::D:):cool::D:D:D

WE MIGHT HAVE MADE THE DIFFERENCE!!!!!

Congratulations BCers!

Now I want to know how is this going to be broadcasted?

I got the info from this post under proff players someone else made the thread. I can't find the info on the net tho probably b/c it was announced only a couple hours ago...