11-15-2005, 09:49 PM #1
Help Please, Comparision Study Project
Hello, badminton players. I was hoping you guys could help me with a school project for Exercise Science. I’m comparing a International player, to a University Varsity Player, to me [High School Player]. That is the direct comparison. I am hoping, however, to do a general survey or comparison on badminton players from the world. This is when I turn to badmintoncentral to help me out. Please answer the follow survey, and say as much as you want for each question. The more … the better. Thank you. Please email your responses to email@example.com
3) Fitness Level [1 – 5, 1 = Low, 5 = High].
4) Seriousness Level [1 – 5, 1 = Low, 5 = High].
5) Nutritional Level [1 – 5, 1 = Low, 5 = High, as in watch what you eat].
6) Number of times you play a week.
7) Average amount of time [Hours] you PLAY badminton.
8) Average amount of time [Hours] you TRAIN for badminton.
9) Do you train for badminton, other than with badminton. For example, do you run for endurance for badminton, cycle for stronger legs for badminton etc.
10) How much money do you put into badminton each year.
11) List injuries sustained due to badminton.
12) Anything else you might want to add.
Thanks for your help.
11-16-2005, 01:47 AM #2
Hmm.. interesting. Just keep in mind that at the high school and university levels, there would be a huge discrepancy in skill levels and playing experience. For example, just at my school we have players ranging from international to not so good (e.g. me ). Also, with school involved we have to balance training with academic obligations.
Anyhow, good luck with your project! Sounds like a fun course
11-16-2005, 07:57 AM #3
Yup....it is fun. I just want to compare the difference...and see how wide the gap is in the areas of nutrition, time spend on training outside of badminton.
11-16-2005, 08:23 AM #4
create a website for people to key in their responses. maybe you will receive more feedback
11-17-2005, 12:44 PM #5
I had no idea how to rate myself when I sent the email to u. Like I consider myself in pretty good shape, but compared to somone like Lin Dan....
11-17-2005, 08:34 PM #6
Compared to Lin Dan, most people would be low too. However, I would like to see what you guys thing about yourselves.
11-19-2005, 10:32 AM #7
Hmmm....seems like the badminton players are somewhat shy, considiering out of over 200 views, I got only 4 replies...
By paroxysmal in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 3: 12-22-2011, 04:52 AM
By johnnxiv in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 4: 05-02-2011, 02:48 PM
By Warapong001 in forum ShuttlecockReplies: 1: 03-01-2011, 02:04 AM
By Biogentic in forum Market PlaceReplies: 61: 06-14-2007, 06:53 AM
By x-er in forum Racket Recommendation / ComparisonReplies: 9: 10-23-2002, 03:18 AM