Help with Injury (Quite Urgent)

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by goku999, Nov 16, 2005.

1. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    Hello everyone,

I have been playing badminton for a few years now and this has never happened to me before.
    I dont know if i am smashing too hard cus i am a hard hitter but i now have the Rotator Cuff Injury :( and am recovering since tuesday.

However the club put me into the league game tomorrow so i guess i will be definitely playing tomorrow. It isnt really serious as i can smash and clear full length but smashing hard is something i might have to resist as it might make my injury worse.

Any tips that would help prepare me for tomorrows game?

much appreciated ;)

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it's call changing your game plan (without telling your opponent).
    -reduce power, focus on accuracy.
    any B+ and A- players can return a 150 mph+ smashes that aren't steep and near his/her racket(after adjusting to first fews). Too many beginners trying too hard to smash hard with no objective on those shots nor honing the smashing technique.ie smashing blindly.

3. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

take advil or anything with IB prufen

4. other

other Regular Member

Student
    i would change your game plan so that your partner does more of the heavy smashes. also do take your time to warm up, maybe a few practice swings outside at home (so as not to hit the lights and ceiling). if your shoulder feels ok, then dont take any painkillers so ur body can tell u ur limits. if u are pretty bad, but still need to play, i'd take a small amount of NSAIDs such as ibuprofen or aspirin (and i mean just one tablet) but dont push it too much in the game.

ps if u have a history of peptic ulcers or have a clotting problem or are on anti-clotting drugs (blood thinning agents) dont take the NSAIDs unless told to do so by a doctor.

but changing game plan is still the preferred option. more drops and half smashes to mix it up.

5. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    thx for the replies, i will do a one hour warmup before the match :)

6. Aleik

Aleik Regular Member

Let's not get encumbered by detail...(is the taxma
    It's probably too late now, but here goes. If you're depended upon to turn up for the match to go ahead and there's nobody else available, then by all means play the match and bear in mind the helpful suggestions. However, if your team has more members and a fair selection policy then you should probably have opted out of the match and let someone else play.

It's no bad thing that you're keen to play, but it wouldn't be fair on the team or whoever is fit to play if you turn up without feeling your best. Furthermore, you won't give a good account of yourself carrying an injury through a match. Be smart and let the injury heal.

Aleik.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I had a problem with my shoulder a few months back and couldn't smash.

Solution - I played singles instead :p

Those times I did play doubles I just had to try and play smarter using less smash power. It did get so bad one time that I even refused to play doubles.

Seems alright now.