difference between high modulus graphite and ultra high?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TitaniumTi, Nov 16, 2005.

1. TitaniumTi

TitaniumTi Regular Member

hello BCers

I was wondering if there was a difference between high modulus graphite and ultra high modulus graphite? cuz my ti-10 says ultra high while my other racquets say high only

regards

2. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

If you do a search, you'll find previous discussions on it. The best answer is given here:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=186208&postcount=2

:D

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    No, the answer here is not quite right.
    Generally, the thing that really counts in a badminton racquet is modulus or stiffness. Graphite, high modulus graphite, and ultra high modulus graphite mean different grades of modulus (stiffness). The higher the modulus the stiffer the material, which is good. However, one manufacturer's (this is the graphite manufacturer, not the racquet manufacturer) ultra high modulus could have lower modulus than another manufacturer's high modulus. So you cannot really tell.
    As a general rule ultra high modulus and high modulus have lower tensile strength and lower compressive strength than graphite. They are ultra stiff but will shatter easier.
    If your racquet has all ultra high modulus graphite and is very durable then it is likely a low grade UHM. The super grade ultra high modulus graphites are ultra stiff but do not have high tensile strength or high compressive strength.