cab 22 or titanium pro 501 super

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by nadal, Nov 17, 2005.

1. nadal

nadal Regular Member

I used to use a cab 8100 light as my first racket(1 year), then switched to a cab 6 super(3U)(medium stiff), one of the super series here in singapore-- i used this racket for a year or more.. now, im currently planning to buy either cab 22(2U) or a titanium pro 501 super(2U)(a little bit stiffer than the cab 6 super)/ im not sure if compared to the cab 22, its stiffness is more or is it less.. does anyone have an idea which would be a better choice? i tried out these 2 rackets(ti-pro 501 super and cab22) w/o strings and the ti pro seems a bit heavier or maybe less manueverable compared to the cab 22. it seems like the cab 22 is swift and even lighter than my cab 6 super even if its a 2U. Can you guys help me with choosing which racket to get?

2. blinan8088

blinan8088 Regular Member

IT Programmer
    Wow, you still can find Cab22 nowadays? Do you mind telling me which store in Singapore which sells Cab22? And how much?

All I can say about Cab22 is it's a very stiff racket. It's not a racket for everyone. I just found out about this when two of my friends tried my Cab22 and they "complained" about it. They said that Cab22 is not "playable", every shot was wrong :D

3. nadal

nadal Regular Member

a friend of mine in malaysia said he saw one...im not too sure where bec i havent been there yet.. then, what do you think about the cab 21(new generation)? a lot better? more playable? easier to use? how about its performance? how long have your friends been playing badminton? maybe they are not used to stiff rackets... some people say if you are just a beginner, this is not for you..how long have you been playing with your cab 22? did you have a hard time adjusting?

4. blinan8088

IT Programmer
    Yes, perhaps my friends are not used to use stiff rackets and they both are recreational players. I think they have been playing badminton for 3 or 4 years on and off (not regularly).

I just purchased my Cab22 recently. My first experience was when my coach lent me his Cab22. First, I underestimated it since it looked old and got so many paint chips and at the moment I was into NS8000. After I tried it, I fell in love with Cab22 right away. :) I feel comfortable with it and didn't have hard time adjusting. I can smash the shuttlecock accurately and hard and it can make a nice sound too :D However, defense is more difficult. In my first game, when my opponent smashed the shuttlecock to me, I was so sure that I could hit back the shuttlecock, but it turned out that I lost it completely! :D

After I got my own Cab22 and get used to it, it is really awesome. I just love it. :) I always use it as my main racket and use it in my first game (when I am not tired yet :D)

5. blinan8088

IT Programmer
    I forget to tell you what I think about Cab21. However, it will be OOT. Sorry, people. :)

Cab21 and Cab22 in my opinion are completely different. I use 3U Cab21 (new color scheme) only for single games. I think it is very maneuverable. I just love how it feels in my hand. I seldom do fancy shots, but I often make 'surprise' shots (sorry, I could not find a better term) and this Cab21 really helps me a lot. It feels very "right".

I also use 2U Cab21 (old color scheme) in double games when I am tired or I am not in a good condition. It surely can produce hard smashes too (and nice sound too :D) I find Cab21 better in defensive part. The funny thing is that when I first got it and tried it in a double game, I found it very hard to use and I thought, "What a sh#tty racket!" hahahaa.. :D It gave me hard time adjusting than my Cab22. Or perhaps at the moment I was too used to Cab22.

These are three main rackets which I often use. I don't feel that I like my other rackets anymore and I leave them at home (some of them are newer model). Sorry I cannot tell you what rackets and why... people might get offended. :)

I hope it helps.

6. biggulp

biggulp Regular Member

i've been noticing quite a few yonex titanium pro rackets in singapore stores, but it seems to be very low profile around this forum. i cannot find any references to these rackets on the yonex websites either. does anyone have any comment on this series of rackets?

7. nadal

nadal Regular Member

thanks for explaining both your cab 21 and cab 22. i would just like to ask you another question regarding your rackets, if you wont mind. comparing the cab21 and 22, considering the amount of time adjusting, durability, playablility and its offensive and defensive racket traits, which racket(cab21,new generation or cab22) do you think would be the best and safe choice for an intermediate doubles player?

#7 nadal, Nov 18, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2005
  8. blinan8088

IT Programmer
    Dude, this is a really really hard question to answer. :) Both are very different. One is like a nice friend whom you can count on, and the other one is like a beast which is hard to tamed. :D

Perhaps from my analogy, you can decide which one is more suitable for you? I must say that Cab22 is not the safer choice, though.

9. nadal

nadal Regular Member

thanks for the advice... itll really help..

10. nadal

nadal Regular Member

sorry but i couldnt help not asking you this question. i got to chance to hold the cab 21sp, new generation, 2U and it seemed not too whippy. it felt slow and heavy at that. all in all, very non-maneuverable, in my case. when i actually compared it with the cab 22, this felt a lot lighter, felt more maneuverable and didnt tire out my arm and wrist right away. Does this mean anything? no offense meant but honestly speaking, i would really appreciate your opinion regarding the feeling i got from just swinging around the said rackets. does this count? meaning will this observation be likely seen when you're actually playing on court or its just a simple misnotion/wrong judgement of some sort and doesnt count in the real world(badminton court). is this considered a playability factor? (you know when you said it felt right when you held your cab 21-thats what i got from the cab 22, not that im being subjective in any way)

11. blinan8088

IT Programmer
    Hi, Nadal.

I think you are right. In my opinion, Cab21 is slightly head heavy and (in my opinion again) Cab22 is an even balance racquet. Maybe Cab21 feels less 'swingable' than Cab22 since it is more head heavy.

Funny that after you pointed this out, I just realized it :D I never played with a head heavy racquet before I got my Cab21. No wonder when first I used it, it was very awful :D I needed more time to adjust to Cab21. Thanks for pointing this out. :)

Well, now I think it depends on you whether you like head heavy racquets like Cab21 or even balance racquets like Cab22. Choosing a head heavy, head light, or even balance racquet is more to someone's personal preference, I think.

My suggestion is try to pick up the racquet which you feel comfortable and confident with. From your last post, I sensed that perhaps you feel more confident with Cab22? :)

12. nadal

nadal Regular Member

13. nadal

nadal Regular Member

i had problems sending so this is just a duplicate of the post above. sorry.

14. blinan8088

IT Programmer
    It will be OOT again then.. sorry, people :)
    Frankly speaking, I have not tried the new Cab20 yet. I saw it in a store, very nice color scheme. I tried to swing it and I like how it felt. I think it is very 'neutral' or balanced racquet, you can see it right in the middle of Yonex selection chart. Perhaps BC'ers who have Cab20 can post a comment to help Nadal?

If it is possible, I think you should try these racquets in real badminton court before buying because it will be the best method to choose a racquet which you will like :)

15. linlin

linlin Regular Member

thank you for your suggestions.