Chinese Taipei Open 2005: Semi-Final

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / China Open / Chinese Taipei Open ' started by badMania, Nov 18, 2005.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Predicted winners in bold.

MEN'S SINGLES
    Lee Hyun Il (1) vs Park Sung Hwan (6) -- Match of the Day
    Shon Seung Mo (4) vs Yohan Hadikusumo Wiratama
    -- it will be an all-Korean final!

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Tracey Hallam (1) vs Chien Yu-Chin
    Seo Yoon Hee (3) vs Cheng Shao-Chieh (2) -- Match of the Day
    -- with crowds behind the two Taiwanese, it could be an all-Taiwanese final!

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen (1) vs Lu Feng-Chieh/Lin Wei Hsiang
    Tony Gunawan/Halim Heryanto (7) vs Hendra Gunawan/Joko Riyadi (2) -- Hendra/Joko facing the real test now...up against the former world champion! They have done well so far, but beating Tony/Halim will be a further evidence that they have what it takes to be the future no 2 pair for Team Indonesia. I am secretly hoping for an upset here....-- Match of the Day

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing (1) vs Cheng Hsiao Yun/Chang Yun Ju
    Kate Wilson-Smith/Kellie Lucas (3) vs Chiu Yi Ju/Chien Hsui-Lin -- Match of the Day.
    -- again, an all-Taiwanese final is likely.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Tony Gunawan/Cheng Wen-Hsing vs Wang Chia Min/Wang Pie Rong
    Tsai Hsia-Tsin/Chien Yu-Chin vs Devin Lahardi/Vita Marissa -- three down, two to go with another Taiwanese pair blocking the road to the final. Should be a tough and interesting match -- Match of the Day

#1 badMania, Nov 18, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2005
  2. alohio12

alohio12 Regular Member

yea i hope that Tony Gunawan/Cheng Wen-Hsing can win and that Taiwan wins everything they can. I met Tony Gunawan and Cheng Wen-Hsing and I think Im going to go visit her next summer. (My coach's coach is Cheng Wen-Hsing's father so theyre really close)