User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 18
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom, England
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default where does everyone get their feather shuttlecocks from?

    the above and how much? the price of shuttlecocks here in the UK is stupidly expensive, like 15 pounds+ (pound sign isn't working) for the aero 50's when IIRC they are round about 7 pounds in HK and the rest of asia. anyone on here know where i can get some imported in for cheap inc the price of shipping?

    Many Thanks

    Darren

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HkTypeR
    the above and how much? the price of shuttlecocks here in the UK is stupidly expensive, like 15 pounds+ (pound sign isn't working) for the aero 50's when IIRC they are round about 7 pounds in HK and the rest of asia. anyone on here know where i can get some imported in for cheap inc the price of shipping?

    Many Thanks

    Darren
    Aerosensa 50 is S$30+ in Singapore, which is 10+ pounds.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom, England
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes, but i'm looking for someone or a website which i can order some good shuttlecocks off of.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    1,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sometimes there are gosen shuttles on ebay
    u can try asking companies that sell direct on ebay...i think winex and kason do

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    630
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not sure whether or not BadmintonAlley.com does international shipping, but it might be worth a look. Though i'm sure you could find somewhere around there where you can get cheaper shuttles?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom, England
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    anybody??? still no luck finding a website or source of anybody who can do it cheapish.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HkTypeR
    anybody??? still no luck finding a website or source of anybody who can do it cheapish.
    only way to go cheap is to go big, are u ready to sink money for, say,at least 500 doz for one order?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Strathmore Alberta
    Posts
    846
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd suggest Hi-Qua.

    Last few times I've ordered 50+ tubes, I've got them for under $11 US/tube.

    Badminton Alley seems to have soem good deal, but many of the shuttle brand I've never used.

    You might try Sosan out of Toronto (I'll try to get the link)

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Posts
    213
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well I find the pricing in UK to be exceptional cheap compared to Sweden.

    Areosensa 50 is possible to buy for 10-11 doz if you buy minimum 25 doz. And I ASSume you are going to buy in bulk....not one can at a time.

    www.centralsports.co.uk or www.directsports-eshop.com

    HTH / mats

    Quote Originally Posted by HkTypeR
    the above and how much? the price of shuttlecocks here in the UK is stupidly expensive, like 15 pounds+ (pound sign isn't working) for the aero 50's when IIRC they are round about 7 pounds in HK and the rest of asia. anyone on here know where i can get some imported in for cheap inc the price of shipping?

    Many Thanks

    Darren

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London area, UK
    Posts
    3,879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    only way to go cheap is to go big, are u ready to sink money for, say,at least 500 doz for one order?
    This is not a great idea, because the quality of the shuttles will deteriorate if they are left for long periods (months is okay, but years is too long).

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gollum
    This is not a great idea, because the quality of the shuttles will deteriorate if they are left for long periods (months is okay, but years is too long).
    yes but it meant as a group buy.
    the 500 doz was arbitrary, it could starts at 50 doz but it depends on how much discount u r seeking.

  12. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have a look at www.shuttles.com. I have bought the EG1130's from them and found them to be good.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London area, UK
    Posts
    3,879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    yes but it meant as a group buy.
    the 500 doz was arbitrary, it could starts at 50 doz but it depends on how much discount u r seeking.
    Ah. As a group buy it's a great idea

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    You ordered from Florida! They only get speed 77 (5.0 grams). Shouldn't badders in your area be using speed 78 (5.1 grams)?

    There is a Canadian agent who is in Markham, Ontario. He charges CAD 21 bucks a tube I think. And he can get you speed 78.

    Quote Originally Posted by BadAlot
    Have a look at www.shuttles.com. I have bought the EG1130's from them and found them to be good.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom, England
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    still no luck finding any, what do the RSL shuttles rate in comparison to Yonex AS's?

  16. #16
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Yes, I bought them from Florida.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    You ordered from Florida! They only get speed 77 (5.0 grams). Shouldn't badders in your area be using speed 78 (5.1 grams)?

    There is a Canadian agent who is in Markham, Ontario. He charges CAD 21 bucks a tube I think. And he can get you speed 78.
    Hi Pete,

    I did buy them from Florida. The speed seemed to be pretty good and they last very well. The odd one needs to be tipped slower(78 might be better). We generally play with Victor Champion Green(Bought in Hong Kong) and Yonex AS50. The AS50's here are $34.25(CAD) per tube tax included. By the time I got the EG1130's here from Florida they were $26(CAD) per tube including tax duty and shipping(I purchased 6 tubes).

    If you could give me information on someone in Markham who would sell them at $21(CAD) per tube I would appreciate it. I(we) really do like the EG1130 shuttle.

    Thanks,

    James

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadAlot
    Hi Pete,

    I did buy them from Florida. The speed seemed to be pretty good and they last very well. The odd one needs to be tipped slower(78 might be better). We generally play with Victor Champion Green(Bought in Hong Kong) and Yonex AS50. The AS50's here are $34.25(CAD) per tube tax included. By the time I got the EG1130's here from Florida they were $26(CAD) per tube including tax duty and shipping(I purchased 6 tubes).

    If you could give me information on someone in Markham who would sell them at $21(CAD) per tube I would appreciate it. I(we) really do like the EG1130 shuttle.

    Thanks,

    James
    I agree, EG1130 is one of the better shuttles around.
    Contact Lee's badminton to see if they're willing to ship to you in bulk. There is a 1-800-461-1540 you can call.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where Can I Get Yellow Feather Shuttlecocks In The UK?
    By nanteos in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 5
    : 07-09-2008, 11:31 AM
  2. anyone heard of dss feather shuttlecocks?
    By peppy5 in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 4
    : 05-11-2007, 10:23 AM
  3. Where to buy decent feather shuttlecocks?
    By Somboa in forum Market Place
    Replies: 5
    : 06-03-2005, 08:03 PM
  4. Feather Shuttlecocks
    By larryxberry in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 10
    : 05-12-2004, 02:47 AM
  5. Yonex Feather Shuttlecocks: F-90
    By Pete in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 2
    : 06-02-2001, 09:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •