User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carcar View Post
    in loving memory of my beloved brother Ang Wren Zhing 26Jul1982-23May2007

My brother is a badminton lover, every Wednesday is the badminton day. He played fottball too, on every sunday. I just dont understand how could they took him away at such a young age. W.H.Y?
    He went to play badminton 3 weeks ago with his frens, as usual, after work. Just after an hour, we received a call from his frens telling us he fainted in the court, and was on the way sending to the hospital. We tought he was too tired and fainted, not into our mind that he was seriously unconscious. According to his frens, he took a rest after a game, drank some water and just within a min, lying down unconscious. His frens was trying to help by doing CPR while waiting ambulance. Somehow when rush to the hospital, he was pronounced dead. His face turn purple and the lips turn black. Dr told us he died of heart attack. at age 25??!!! I read previous thread and had some ideas on the silent killer.
    I can't accept the fact that he is gone, just like that, not even bidding good ye to my mum and dad. I know there is ntg much i can do to bring back my brother, just hope he could ring the alarm to the badminton lovers, pls dont push yourself to the limit. Warm up and down properly.

May all the merits transfer to my beloved brother, Ang Wren Zhing aka Gundo, may you live your new life in the land of pure and harmony.
    Forever you in our heart....

beloved sister...mandy
    My deepest condolence..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My deepest condolences..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a few days ago in singapore, a triathalon athelete died after completing his course. He's only 17 and from a reputable college. He is an achieved triathlon athelete. Very tragic loss---he's the cream of the crop too. Another case of a super-fit athelete dying all of a sudden.

Remember......never neglect the warning signals your body may send out during the course of exercising!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's always good to have a medical check-up prior to participation in exercise. I have on several occasions referred patients to cardiologists as they had irregular heart rhythms. Also, note that the risk of developing dangerous rhythms are higher when the person is having a viral infection. Certain heart valve anomalies may also worsen with intense exercise. An athlete should always have a regular physical fitness program before engaging in competition. I dont know of anyone who doesnt push himself harder when he is competing even for fun.

Look out for the next years National Sports Institute Conference 2008... there will be something on Sudden Cardiac Death.

http://sportsnmedicine.blogspot.com
    Last edited by sportsdoc; 06-28-2007 at 08:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dang, so sad. May she rest in peace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes it is very sad :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another casualty

Man dies while playing badminton at Sutlej Club
    By IE
    Monday August 20, 03:01 AM

An office bearer of the Ludhiana Badminton Academy (LBA) and Ludhiana District Badminton Association (LDBA) Kamal Kwatra (52) died due to cardiac arrest, while he was playing badminton at Satluj Club, here this morning.

According to his friend Mohinder Chopra, "It was during the last game he asked for little rest and sat on the chair and soon after fell unconscious as he was accompanied by Dr Ajit Singh Chawla. He was given the first aid immediately and was rushed to the hospital but the hospital authorities declared him brought dead."

The whole badminton fraternity was shocked and greaved over the untimely demise of the officer bearer.

His cremation was attended by chief parliamentary secretary Harish Rai Dhanda, who is also the vice-president of the academy. Kwatra is survived by his wife and two sons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deputy Education Minister dies while playing badminton

2008/11/29

KUALA LUMPUR: Deputy Education Minister Datuk Razali Ismail died at the Institut Aminuddin Baki in Genting Highlands yesterday. A staff there said Razali, 59, who is the MP for Kuala Terengganu, collapsed while playing badminton.

Education Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein said Razali’s death was a great loss to the ministry.

“I’m deeply saddened. It’s a great loss,” he said, adding he was at the institute to help with funeral arrangements.

In Kuala Terengganu, Razali’s youngest son, Khairul Ariff, 15, said he was playing computer games with his cousin when hewas informed of his father death.

“He was a good dad. He was strict, but never scolded us and always gave us advice.” Khairul said he last spoke to his father on Monday.

Razali, who was affectionately called “Cikgu Razali”, had handed a motivational book to Khairul before he left for Kuala Lumpur that day.

Khairul said his father had gone for a check-up at the National Heart Institute in July or August and the doctor had told him hewas exhausted and needed a rest. He then took a two-week vacation.

Apart from Khairul, Razali leaves his wife Datin Noraini Lob Yusof, 51; sons, Muhammad Nurazli, 30, a senior vice-president at Sime Darby; Asrul Shah, 27, an assistant secretary at the Prime Minister's Department; Khairul Amar, 21, who is studying in Los Angeles; and Khairul Anuar, 19, a student at Universiti Selangor.

Razali was born in Kuala Berang in June 1949.

He was state education director from 2001 to 2002.

He was also PTPTN chairman.

Razali was elected MP for Kuala Terengganu in 2004.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    © Copyright 2008 The New Straits Times Press (M) Berhad. All rights reserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    Deputy Education Minister dies while playing badminton
    My condolences.

I hope this wouldn't give badminton a bad reputation because I still believe that this sport is healthy for people. Maybe he just pushed his limits against the doctor's advice. At that age, people should be more careful.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the late deputy education minister was new to badminton. I suspect that it was the first and last time he played badminton in the highlands. He probably didn't know that highlands are very demanding on oxygen. As a matter of fact, at one time the Malaysian national squad camped over at the highlands for a training stint to improve their fitness and their ability to handle very high shuttle speed.
    Many Chinese sportsmen , including badminton players, go to the Chinese province of Yunnan to improve their fitness.
    I was up in one of the highlands in Yunnan at about 3,900 meters last year and I tried running up some steep stairs and boy was I quite tired! But surprisingly, I fared better than many young men and women half or one third my age who were new to the highlands.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

On several occasions, I've played near-competitive level badminton in Nepal.

It's incredibly energy-sapping... and when coupled with the fact that these sessions would begin at 5am (when it's 4 to 6 degrees Celsius outside) inside a closed but non-heated gymnasium, it makes for very demanding badminton!

After some long rallies, you can feel yourself go a bit woozy
    That's when everyone pauses and reaches for a cup of hot tea.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The capital of Nepal, Katmandu, is really not very high at 4,300 ft although you can take in a grand sweep of the Himalaya range, from the Katmandu airport, where many peaks reach more than 25,000 ft. Genting Highlands in Malaysia is in fact higher than Katmandu by a thousand ft.
    Just try the highlands in Yunnan, China with altitudes of more than 13,000 ft. Tibet in China is another highlands or rather more of a highland plateau. At 13,000 ft I can assure you your legs feel really as heavy as lead when you run up a flight of stairs.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    The capital of Nepal, Katmandu, is really not very high at 4,300 ft although you can take in a grand sweep of the Himalaya range, from the Katmandu airport, where many peaks reach more than 25,000 ft. Genting Highlands in Malaysia is in fact higher than Katmandu by a thousand ft.
    Just try the highlands in Yunnan, China with altitudes of more than 13,000 ft. Tibet in China is another highlands or rather more of a highland plateau. At 13,000 ft I can assure you your legs feel really as heavy as lead when you run up a flight of stairs.
    Um, taneepak, did I mention Kathmandu?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I never played badminton in heights... Can't find a place for one T_T... In my regular mountain visit xD... I jog most in that place. It's Tawangmangu, located between East and Central Java. That place is about 1km above sea level. That was 3280ft. I myself feel more comfortable playing in those height T_T... Rather than in a hot city like my hometown or Surabaya...

Is it me or... anyone feel the same T_T... So I myself can't say that Mr Deputy is collapsed and died for having badminton in heights. It's said that he needs to rest for his last check up. Having to rest while playing badminton... I'd say he just broke in to rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Oops... My bad... Genting was located about 2000metres... That was 6561 ft... Nah... I'll stay with my opinion T_T... I don't know which part of genting is he xD...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where i am at 1.1 km (3600 ft) above sea level, we use 74 speed shuttle.
    What shuttle speed do u guys use at those extreme high elevation?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    where i am at 1.1 km (3600 ft) above sea level, we use 74 speed shuttle.
    What shuttle speed do u guys use at those extreme high elevation?
    My hosts had provided a Chinese brand - I vaguely remember it as Yonguang.
    It was very heavy and would easily go far out if one didn't control the clears.

But, what a pleasure it was to smash it!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast