User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend was there when it happened....she was crying over it. According to her, the girl suffered a seizure and passed away soon after. And yes, the school is a "sister boarding school" of another boarding school.

Gold bless her soul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard it on the radio as well ... God Bless Her ~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel sorry for her and her family. Guess regularly physcial exam is a must, and if anyone feels uncomfortable, stop right there, and don't push urself over the limit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel so sad for her family and friends. Rest in peace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so tragic when these things happen. I can't imagine what her family and friends feel like. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. I've been having the same struggles that she was supposedly going through. I just have shortness of breath and my body practically dies on the court as well. I never imagined it could've went this far. RIP. Once again, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GunBlade008
    It's so tragic when these things happen. I can't imagine what her family and friends feel like. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. I've been having the same struggles that she was supposedly going through. I just have shortness of breath and my body practically dies on the court as well. I never imagined it could've went this far. RIP. Once again, our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    I suggest you consult the doctor and find out why you're in such a condition (shortness of breath) and try your best to remedy any unexpected weakness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know her, she went to my school in taipei 2 years ago, in the same grade. Pretty scary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could have been an aneurysm...

my mom survived a scare 2 years ago, but the scary thing is that me and my siblings have a 50% chance of getting it too. it's supposedly hereditary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's happen too in my country 3 years ago. And when the incident happen, i was playing next to the court. This man around 30's, suddenly he faint down and stop breathing. His 5 years old son was beside him when it happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chickenpoodle
    its horribly wrong under any circumstance, to have a child pass away before their parents' time.

my condolences.
    i agree. no parent would want to bury their children. this is shocking and very sad. my condolences to her family. God bless her soul.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Bad month for badminton-playing girls. A 15-year-old member of the Korean Junior national team was killed in a car accident a few days ago. It seems she was in Singapore for her first ever international tournament and was hit just outside her place of lodging. The article is here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by event
    Wow. Bad month for badminton-playing girls. A 15-year-old member of the Korean Junior national team was killed in a car accident a few days ago. It seems she was in Singapore for her first ever international tournament and was hit just outside her place of lodging. The article is here.

This is eerie. It is reported she was knock down by a car driven Korean woman driver. There cannot be many in Korean woman driving in Singapore. Maybe it is fated. So sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect it's a case of irregular heartbeat - a silent killer that strikes without knowing, usually detectable with an EEC but normally on if a person does the recommended annual health check up.

Poor girl.

Jojo, are you reading?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default no Joke

There's more

today i went to a club that i havent been to for 2 months. The guys there told me a horror story - that a guy had died there 2 weeks ago.

The victim (J. Tan) was transferred from toronto to calgary on a bank related job. The game i was told was very low level but it was XD and Mr. Tan ran his share of court coverage. He was huffing and puffing, and 'staggering' on court. The ladies told him to take a break and let someone else in and but refused, he just paused a bit on court, 3 times. After that, Mr Tan took the advice and went to the bench and rest. He took his juice bottle, stand up and drank. After that he basically collapsed knocking his head against the wall.

While 911 was called, 2 players with CPR try to resuscitate him. His pulse went and came back twice. When the paramedic came and took over, the medic work on him for 1/2 hrs on stretcher beside the emergency van. When people see the medic didnt rush him to the hospital, they knew the victim condition is pretty grave. After that, the medic announce his death at the parking lot.

Mr Tan is around 53 year old. On previous sessions, Mr tan was breathing kind of laborous. Maybe due to the dry and thin calgary air.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't visiting climbers of Mt. Everest required to acclimatize themselves at the base camp for six months before ascending? It's probably the same case for Mr. Tan. It takes awhile to get used to new local environment.

I also recall that when I first moved down to Vancouver from Edmonton, I tire alot easier when I played my first drop-in games even though I was reasonably fit.

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    Mr Tan is around 53 year old. On previous sessions, Mr tan was breathing kind of laborous. Maybe due to the dry and thin calgary air.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Aren't visiting climbers of Mt. Everest required to acclimatize themselves at the base camp for six months before ascending? It's probably the same case for Mr. Tan. It takes awhile to get used to new local environment.

I also recall that when I first moved down to Vancouver from Edmonton, I tire alot easier when I played my first drop-in games even though I was reasonably fit.
    more background info i got from the club members. Mr Tan likely got back into badminton after the doctor told him to get some exercises. Mr Tan it seem from other opinion got a small beer belly (but not too overweight). The doctor might had kill him because most canadian still view badminton as a picnic activity. Oops, i forgot to tell u that the cause of Mr. Tan death was a massive heart attack.

i think the moral of this case is if the body is telling u something (staggering on court), one should take a rest right away, especially when one is just starting or restarting up badminton.
    Last edited by cooler; 12-27-2005 at 05:27 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    The doctor might had kill him because most canadian still view badminton as a picnic activity.
    Jeez, that's a horrible thought!

By the way, in first-aid we never refer to "the victim". He is "the casualty" instead, for two reasons:

1. "Victim" has strong connotations of criminal action: "the victim of a crime". Even if the casualty IS a crime victim, first-aiders should not associate themselves with the criminal aspects of the case. The job of a first-aider is to give medical support, irrespective of the casualty's circumstances.
    2. Referring to someone as a "victim" can cause him to think you have given up on his chance of survival. Many think that "victim" is a term applied to dead people. "Casualty" sounds more neutral and more professional.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast