User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not at all, I am merely reacting to your blanket statement that training in barefeet is best. On the contrary, it's not good to train barefooted unless the ground you train on has some 'give' to it (sand, grass, etc.). Accelerating joint activities with plyometrics would introduce compression too. Doing footwork drills with light weights would definitely help groove the execution of court movement, increase endurance as well as strengthen the legs. I wouldn't totally brush off such practice that's been traditionally done by badminton pros before. Don't get me wrong. I am not advocating only donning weights for training, only that resistance training does benefit. All things done in moderation, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by wirre
    Now you start to sound silly instead of discussing the topic.

Why, oh why don't I play w/o shoes??? You should be able to figure out that yourself, I've said it several times already.

Compression certainly is unavoidable. But what good is there in increasing it if not necessary? I've shown why it's not good, also suggested alternatives how to avoid and still getting useful training.

I do not FEAR compression, only points out that your "its fine since X does it" isn't any good generalisation. Many of the excersises the elit athletes do are on the edge (sometimes over) what is healty for the body. Thus they become better trained for their purpose but also injured in ways a "normal" human ever would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i tried running on the sand here i'd be afraid to cut my foot on a broken beer bottle

seriously? where do these people 'run in the sand' ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to wear 1.5kg ankle weights in my youth on each ankle. This was used primarily for shadow work and training sequences.

It tempered my speed and forced me to use my feet more efficiently instead of rushing around.

I also used them on club nights but not matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to have knee surgery age 35-40 then use a weight jacket. I have tried running on sand a couple of times on holiday. Its's a KILLER! Give me 50 other ways to improve my badminton before asking me to run on sand!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3