User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 19
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default strong badminton countries.

    Is badminton a famous game in america and europe?
    I only see player from a few country in world cup badminton match
    These are the following country:
    England
    Denmark
    Indonesia
    Malaysia
    Japan
    Korea

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And you somehow missed the biggest badminton country of all? China?

    No. It's not that it's not popular in North America and Europe, it's just that it's not on TV very much or at all so the media doesn't cover it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,212
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trance
    And you somehow missed the biggest badminton country of all? China?
    That's what I was going to say.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ya...i forgotten to put china...

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,923
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    talking about China.. I must congratulate their badminton associations..after i watch china open 2005.. i notice there are lot of improvement concerning the fairness of their linesman..

    during 2002 thomas cup, i was hoping for china to win malaysia.. but the linesman was so bias.. that's got me angry and hoping china lost badly.. and they did .

    I think they have to realise by being not fair in their line call, this would tanish China good names.. PPl will think everytime china win in their home ground, it is helped by bad line call

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    poland
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default don`t forget about poland !!!!!! :)))

    1 China
    2 Indonesia
    3 Dennmark
    4 England
    5 Poland !!!!!!
    6 Korea

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    796
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drblade
    1 China
    2 Indonesia
    3 Dennmark
    4 England
    5 Poland !!!!!!
    6 Korea
    the Thais r catching up too.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    OC,CA,USA
    Posts
    393
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tutu_h
    the Thais r catching up too.
    What about Singapore with its more than half imported players ????

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,923
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harimau
    What about Singapore with its more than half imported players ????
    those half imported players are usually half as good as their original country man. most of them are cant make it to their main team in their home country.
    but u cant rule out, someday singapore may spend money like chealse...

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drblade
    1 China
    2 Indonesia
    3 Dennmark
    4 England
    5 Poland !!!!!!
    6 Korea
    I think Malaysia is way ahead of your bottom 3.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai
    talking about China.. I must congratulate their badminton associations..after i watch china open 2005.. i notice there are lot of improvement concerning the fairness of their linesman..

    during 2002 thomas cup, i was hoping for china to win malaysia.. but the linesman was so bias.. that's got me angry and hoping china lost badly.. and they did .

    I think they have to realise by being not fair in their line call, this would tanish China good names.. PPl will think everytime china win in their home ground, it is helped by bad line call
    China is good enough now they don't need the help of their linesmen to win.

    They now have a solid doubles pair in Fu/Cai and another great 2nd pair in the making. But back in 2002, the men's team basically had to win the ties with their singles since their doubles were so weak. It's like starting with 0-2. A loss in any singles would have knocked them out (which happened with Bao Chunlai - 2nd singles vs. MAL in the semi's). No need to worry about that now. Now China can even win with biased calls against them.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trance
    And you somehow missed the biggest badminton country of all? China?

    No. It's not that it's not popular in North America and Europe, it's just that it's not on TV very much or at all so the media doesn't cover it.
    it's bcos badminton not the main sport in Europe , so it can be the reason that they are not good enough to bring into play

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blovb.champ
    it's bcos badminton not the main sport in Europe , so it can be the reason that they are not good enough to bring into play
    ya,you are right.
    Their main game is still tennis,football,rugby......
    while malaysia is very bad in what european and american good at......i mean sport

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1 china
    2indonesia
    3malaysia
    4denmark
    5england
    6england
    7korea
    8thailand
    9singapore
    10holland (everybody has dreams..just like teh weird polish dude...)

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In my opinion, this how how it looks like:

    1. China
    2. Indonesia
    3. Malaysia
    4. Denmark
    5. Thailand
    6. England
    7. Hong Kong, China (I know it's not considered a country, but since they have their own players, mind as well count them)
    8. Korea
    9. Singapore
    10. Cross between Holland, France, & Japan.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drblade
    1 China
    2 Indonesia
    3 Dennmark
    4 England
    5 Poland !!!!!!
    6 Korea
    where is malaysia dude? huhu ... my ranking is:

    1. china
    2. malaysia
    3. indonesia
    4.denmark
    5. south korea
    6. england

    i put malaysia above of indonesea because of a few factor .. currently, indonesia squad is not strong as before .. their single, only depends on taufik hidayat while malaysia have lee chong wei and hafiz hashim at the top of their performance now. Malaysia also have wong chong hann but his performance is drop the day by day but he still can manage to win when playing again player that below him .. in double, indonesia depends on sigit budiarto/chandra wijaya and 1 pair which is name limpele and his partner.. i forgot already .. .. malaysia also have 2 pairs with a good performance which is chan chong ming/koo keng kiat and chong tan fook/lee wan wah .. i predict, currently, if malaysia vs indonesia in team format, malaysia will win with narrow result .. maybe 3-2 .. ...

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afham07
    where is malaysia dude? huhu ... my ranking is:

    1. china
    2. malaysia
    3. indonesia
    4.denmark
    5. south korea
    6. england

    i put malaysia above of indonesea because of a few factor .. currently, indonesia squad is not strong as before .. their single, only depends on taufik hidayat while malaysia have lee chong wei and hafiz hashim at the top of their performance now. Malaysia also have wong chong hann but his performance is drop the day by day but he still can manage to win when playing again player that below him .. in double, indonesia depends on sigit budiarto/chandra wijaya and 1 pair which is name limpele and his partner.. i forgot already .. .. malaysia also have 2 pairs with a good performance which is chan chong ming/koo keng kiat and chong tan fook/lee wan wah .. i predict, currently, if malaysia vs indonesia in team format, malaysia will win with narrow result .. maybe 3-2 .. ...

    Actually, Indonesia has 3 strong doubles pairs. You forgot Luluk/Alven. Also, in singles Indonesia has Sony Dwi Kuncoro so that pretty much balances everything in that department. Particularly that Chandra/Sigit are world #1 and Luluk/Alven are right up there too with Hian/Limpele not far behind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Original Countries of Badminton Brands
    By Z1985 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 84
    : 01-30-2014, 12:08 PM
  2. Different Badminton training systems used by different countries
    By chris-ccc in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 23
    : 01-20-2008, 07:58 AM
  3. Replies: 76
    : 07-29-2006, 07:01 PM
  4. NEWS : Korean Men Going Strong in Badminton
    By seven in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2005
    Replies: 0
    : 03-10-2005, 04:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •