Badminton on TV in Denmark

Discussion in 'Jonas Rasmussen Forum' started by Eurasian =--(O), Nov 21, 2005.

1. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

Hey, I was just wondering about badminton's status in Denmark. Is it on television much and do many people play / watch?

2. Donald

Donald Regular Member

Only the big tournements like AE, WC, OL, Denmark Open and Copenhagen Masters.

Not the asian tournements.

3. k-laugesen

k-laugesen New Member

Badminton is after football ( Soccer ) Handball and belive it or not Riding one of top 5 sport´s in Denmark.
    However only true Badminton fans are interested in the sport on a Television level.
    There are so many sponsor´s in Soccer and Handball, that they get all the good hour´s in TV.
    An examble.
    Saturday aftenoon Semi´s from All england, Gade, Martin and Jens are playing.
    They put the Semis on a 2 level channel that you can only watch on Cable or disc, ( TV Zulu )
    They cover around 80% off the Danish Population.
    On the National TV2 they are sendind Laidies Handball From the Champions league Qualification round.
    They are palying these handball games every week. But only all England Onse a year.
    This is what we are up against in Denmark.
    The finals were also on the other channel. They were showing old episodes of Beverly hills on the national. LIFE STINKS.

4. blckknght

blckknght Regular Member

Pastry Chef
    I think I've only ever seen badminton on TV in the US once or twice in my life... but they broadcast the world championships in Anaheim, so things are evolving. even if the video angle was quite horrible.
    :)

5. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

handball is kind of exciting b/c of all the leaping. Can't believe that even in Denmark there is such a small TV alottment for badminton.:(

6. Donald

Donald Regular Member

They are showing the semi-finals and the final of the danish championship for teams :) 2 days in a row the semis (last one today) and the finals this weekend.